+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relative in Canada, uncle/aunt.

guntherpack

Jul 29, 2018
When I filled my EE profile and e-APR, I was asked if I have a relative in Canada, and I answered yes, cause I have an uncle there. When I moved to the documents checklist, I was asked to provide a proof of relationship and birth certificates, etc. I am aware I won't earn any points by an uncle/aunt, and I don't need any. My score is quite high and I can prove everything on my profile.

My question is: Can I answer this question with 'No' and just avoid the obligation to provide lots of documents? Cause I don't have time for that to be honest. Or will this be considered as kind of lying to them, especially that the question ends with "did you tell us about all your family?"?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
When I filled my EE profile and e-APR, I was asked if I have a relative in Canada, and I answered yes, cause I have an uncle there. When I moved to the documents checklist, I was asked to provide a proof of relationship and birth certificates, etc. I am aware I won't earn any points by an uncle/aunt, and I don't need any. My score is quite high and I can prove everything on my profile.

My question is: Can I answer this question with 'No' and just avoid the necessity to provide lots of documents? Cause I don't have time for that to be honest. Or will this be considered as kind of lying to them, especially that the question ends with "did you tell us about all your family?"?

Thanks!
Under FSW you get 5 points for mentioning a relative.
If you still get 67 points by answering NO, you can do that.

Spawnre

Aug 9, 2018

My question is: Can I answer this question with 'No' and just avoid the obligation to provide lots of documents? Cause I don't have time for that to be honest. Or will this be considered as kind of lying to them, especially that the question ends with "did you tell us about all your family?"?

Thanks!
I am under the same situation. Does Saying No, lead to any sort of problems further? like BGC checks /Interview etc?

cisco_kidd

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
I am under the same situation. Does Saying No, lead to any sort of problems further? like BGC checks /Interview etc?
I was told if I answered “no” it would constitute as unacurate and fraudulent. I had to provide my proof of relationship as well and give my aunt / uncles passport copy. I also provided a declaration stating we’re related and how we are related (what side of the family, dads sister, etc)

Reactions: Spawnre

Spawnre

Aug 9, 2018
I was told if I answered “no” it would constitute as unacurate and fraudulent. I had to provide my proof of relationship as well and give my aunt / uncles passport copy. I also provided a declaration stating we’re related and how we are related (what side of the family, dads sister, etc)
oh !

But the problem with me is, we are not close enough for me to ask such proofs. it is a deal breaker, If I ask them anything of such sort. Cant say Yes/Cant say No.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I provided that info in LOE

Reactions: Spawnre

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
In my case I had to say that at any cost. Back in 2010’when I declared that I have aunt and uncle in Canada I put that in their record.

This time I already had too many documents to gather in short period of time and proof of relationship could have put extra burden on me so I opted to say no and explain in LOE

Jas471

Oct 17, 2018

Thanks!

hi bro,

i Have the same scenario?just curious what did you do ?did u submitted the docs for relatives too?

guntherpack

Jul 29, 2018
hi bro,

i Have the same scenario?just curious what did you do ?did u submitted the docs for relatives too?
I decided to play it safe and put everything correctly even if it meant more work and time.

I am through everything so far and waiting for the PPR.

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
hey guys, i have my older sister living in canada and she is a canadian citizen. i have received my ita where i answered yes for "sibling in canada" and received points for that. what kind of proof do i have to show? Where will they check if the parents name is same? because in her canadian passport, her parents name isnt mentioned. Can someone help with this issue. thanks

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
hey guys, i have my older sister living in canada and she is a canadian citizen. i have received my ita where i answered yes for "sibling in canada" and received points for that. what kind of proof do i have to show? Where will they check if the parents name is same? because in her canadian passport, her parents name isnt mentioned. Can someone help with this issue. thanks
Submit her birth certificate and your birth certificate. - to prove relation
Submit her Passport. - to prove she is a Canadian Citizen
Submit her recent utility bill. - to prove she is living in Canada