03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Hi Guys,

Since we don't get any extra points for relative in Canada can I delete it from my profile?

Thanks in advance

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Londo said:
Hi Guys,

Since we don't get any extra points for relative in Canada can I delete it from my profile?

Thanks in advance
If you are applying for FSW, check if it won't affect your FSW points first.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
it doesnt add to express entry score, but for both fswp and pnp (assuming you want to stay in the same province) then it does bear some score.

also, what level of relative? if cousins/nephew/neice then no need. if like parents/aunts/uncles/sibling, then yes you should since they run background checks.

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
In my ee profile i selected yes to the question 'do you have relatives in canada' in spouse's section mentioning spouse's parents and no in PA section. But while filling post ita profile i get asked the same question only in PA section and not in spouse's section. So nowhere in my post ita profile i get to declare spouse's relatives in canada. What could be the cause of this omission? Even my document checklist dont ask for documents supporting relatives in canada. Please help

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Raj19 said:
In my ee profile i selected yes to the question 'do you have relatives in canada' in spouse's section mentioning spouse's parents and no in PA section. But while filling post ita profile i get asked the same question only in PA section and not in spouse's section. So nowhere in my post ita profile i get to declare spouse's relatives in canada. What could be the cause of this omission? Even my document checklist dont ask for documents supporting relatives in canada. Please help
I was told they ask for documented evidence and am worried I may not be able to provide this as am not to close to my aunt.

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could be due to the bug that has caused a lot of items to disappear for multiple users including myself. Some users heard back from CIC saying that they are aware kf the issue and that it will be fixed by the 1st of August. I too declared two relatives and I had to upload documents lroving their status in Canada ( PR card, work permit etc)

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hhh466 said:
It could be due to the bug that has caused a lot of items to disappear for multiple users including myself. Some users heard back from CIC saying that they are aware kf the issue and that it will be fixed by the 1st of August. I too declared two relatives and I had to upload documents lroving their status in Canada ( PR card, work permit etc)
This is not due to any bug. There is no space for spouse's canadian relative in post ITA application.
So no need to worry, no LOE required for this.

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
pav said:
This is not due to any bug. There is no space for spouse's canadian relative in post ITA application.
So no need to worry, no LOE required for this.
What about questionnaire, they dont ask if spouse have relatives in canada? Do spouse's parents count as relatives of PA?

owais182

Aug 31, 2015
Hi,

Just wanted to check if you ever managed to get this resolved?

I'm facing the same issue: spouse has parents living in canada who are PRs, but the question asking whether she has relatives who are PRs doesn't come up in her section and I don't get any field to upload proof in the document checklist.

Thanks.

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
owais182 said:
Hi,

Just wanted to check if you ever managed to get this resolved?

I'm facing the same issue: spouse has parents living in canada who are PRs, but the question asking whether she has relatives who are PRs doesn't come up in her section and I don't get any field to upload proof in the document checklist.

Thanks.
hi
no need to mention spouse's canadian relative as there is no required document for that.
it is only for PA.
as I had mentioned in ee profile canadian relative's for both me and my partner,but as i did not have any relation proof for my aunt so i deleted the info from post ITA profile,it neither asked for spouse's relative.
So in short if you have documents for PA relatives go ahead,otherwise leave it.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Londo said:
I was told they ask for documented evidence and am worried I may not be able to provide this as am not to close to my aunt.
Then check your FSW points to be sure you have enough without her, and if you do, delete it. Answer no on your application and the documentation requirement will disappear.