+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relative in Canada before ITA - Now I cannot provide proof

narbeh

Dec 23, 2017
I have an aunt in Canada and that's what I mentioned in my EE profile before submitting. Now I have an ITA but I cannot get a hold of her so I don't have her passport scan and anything else. I don't receive any points for this relation as far as I understand.

What would be the right thing to do now? Do I go back and remove her and answer NO to relative question and provide explanation in LOE or I don't upload anything and submit profile without that doc?

Honestly, I'm quite confused and upset due to this situation.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then what you have to figure out is whether this affects your eligibility under the six selection factors (67 out of 100 points). If not then you can remove her and add a LOE.

Please, please don't ask what those factors are.

narbeh

Dec 23, 2017
Then what you have to figure out is whether this affects your eligibility under the six selection factors (67 out of 100 points). If not then you can remove her and add a LOE.

Please, please don't ask what those factors are.
Thanks for the help. No, I know about the six factors, but how do I know it affects my score? I click on "Preview my score" and the only line I see related to relatives is "PR or Canadian Sibling" which shows "0" now. Does it mean I can safely remove her?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the help. No, I know about the six factors, but how do I know it affects my score? I click on "Preview my score" and the only line I see related to relatives is "PR or Canadian Sibling" which shows "0" now. Does it mean I can safely remove her?
No. This is not something that is stated on the system. It is something you have to calculate manually.