+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

relationship evidence question & others

bunny82

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
My husband made an appointment for his medical for July 31st. Should we make it later? Since it is only valid for 12 months, I am afraid if things take longer than he will have to have another done when he arrives/before he arrives. And I am confused because I hear that some people do this before sending off the application and get a form and include it in the app, and others do it after the application is sent off and the doctor sends the form themself to CIC. What should he do? And when should he have his exam? Thanks for any help :)

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
bunny82 said:
Thanks so much Keesio, you have been very helpful. I was told in the past though, to get about 10 conversations a month. I thought that was a lot, especially since it would be more than a year and a half's worth! So you think about 10-15 pages in total would be sufficient? I just want to make sure I do everything right. And although there is less text I also thought screenshots from my laptop of our FB chats would be best as it's real proof, versus copying and pasting.

How do I get something notarized? Sorry if that is a dumb question.

I did receive social assistance, but for a disability reason. I am still waiting until my old caseworker gets back in her office to mail me a letter confirming that I no longer receive it. I always did up my taxes every year so all should be good. I just cannot get thru to the CRA's office to get the printout, and unsure of how else to get a hold of them. It's always busy every time I call (very odd). I need to call them as well to change my name after my marriage.

Thank you for explaining the expiry dates for the medical exam and police check. He applied for the police check a couple months back and should receive it within a month or two months, and all should be fine as it will be pretty fresh when we send it off. As for the medical, he will be calling tomorrow to see what available appointments there are. We have fingers crossed that it won't take long.
If you're in Canada, you can search online for a notary public. You'll need to take two forms of ID along with whatever form you need notarized (unsigned - you'll have to sign it in front of the notary). If more than one person needs to sign it, you'll both need to be present. If someone in the States needs something notarized, their bank should have a notary. In Canada it costs around $50, in the States, it's about $10-$20.

As for relationship proof - you need a happy medium. It's not necessary to provide 400 pages worth of information, but I'd personally do more than 10-15 pages. We included photos with information on when they were taken, who is in them, etc. Anywhere that we were in public together, or in group photos with our friends, etc. As for conversations, we tried to give a few from each month. Especially anything that talks about loving each other, wanting to live together, making plans to live together, conversations about getting married, etc. Use your best judgement - more is better, but don't be an asshole and inundate them with EVERY single conversation, haha. :)

Good luck to you! It's a long process but totally worth it in the end!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
bunny82 said:
Yes Majormax we have been together in person many times, hehe. He comes for visits every 2-3 months. He does have the emails with his airline itineraries. So he could screen-shot those.
That will likely be more important than the chat history. The history is only evidence that you've talked; the trips are evidence that you've gone to considerable expense and effort to be together.

Also still need to do up a letter from my parents and the immigration consultant I am dealing with takes weeks to get back to me on stuff so kinda stressful.
You may wish to reconsider your consultant, unless you really want the paid-for advice. It sounds as if they are not serving you terribly well.

So you just did a couple of screenshots per month?
Even that might be too much. How much relationship history do you have? If you've been talking to each other in a romantic relationship for a few years, CIC won't learn anything from March 2013 that they didn't get from February 2013.

What is a support letter? Something separate that you send on the side?
A support letter would be something written by friends of family saying that they promise/intend to support you and your husband after he moves, until he can find employment and such. Essentially, it exists to convince CIC that the both of you won't be stuck on welfare once he lands. Ordinarily it's not necessary, but it might be a good idea since you will both be dependent upon your husband's income, interrupted by landing.

bunny82 said:
My husband made an appointment for his medical for July 31st. Should we make it later? Since it is only valid for 12 months, I am afraid if things take longer than he will have to have another done when he arrives/before he arrives. And I am confused because I hear that some people do this before sending off the application and get a form and include it in the app, and others do it after the application is sent off and the doctor sends the form themself to CIC. What should he do? And when should he have his exam? Thanks for any help :)
Outland applications should be submitted with an "upfront" medical exam, conducted before submitting the application. Inland applications are supposed to wait until CIC asks for the exam.

12 months is longer than the typical processing time for straightforward US/Canada applicants, so odds are you'd be quite safe there. Even if not, CIC often extends the medical validity for these applications (within 15 months from the medical date) if its expiry is the only thing preventing them from issuing permanent residency.

Panel physicians that are part of the "eMedical" system create an electronic entry for the examinee that is later linked to the CIC file.

bunny82

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thank you so much for all the help. That is good to know about the medical exam. Once the exam is completed, would my husband have the form that same day that is needed for CIC? Or will he have to wait and have to wait for results, etc? If so, how long? We are trying to figure out the best time to make the appointment for so that it's close to when we would send off the application but not too close so that it doesn't set us back too much if we have to wait a while.

Thanks.

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
bunny82 said:
Thank you so much for all the help. That is good to know about the medical exam. Once the exam is completed, would my husband have the form that same day that is needed for CIC? Or will he have to wait and have to wait for results, etc? If so, how long? We are trying to figure out the best time to make the appointment for so that it's close to when we would send off the application but not too close so that it doesn't set us back too much if we have to wait a while.

Thanks.
He will get a printout from the doctor after the examination that has some identifying information that will allow them to link the results they receive directly from the doctor electronically with the file they create when they receive your paperwork. I did my medical and mailed my application package the next day.

Where is he doing his medical. I did mine in Montreal, it was much cheaper than any of the doctors in the states that I talked to, and they set my appointment for the very next day, instead of 3-4 weeks away.