+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relationship between 'in process' and interview?

salsaadani

Aug 16, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope!
LANDED..........
Soon I hope!
Hi all!

I have a question about the 'in process' status. I know on the CIC website it states that 'in process' means that the application is being checked, they will notify the applicant if any documents are missing or they may request an interview, etc. However, as I have been going through the forum I have noticed some people saying that:
a) their status goes to in process AFTER the interview or
b) the fact that their status has been changed to in process means that the interview has been waived.

Has anyone got any idea whether the 'in process' status may signify that there may be no need for an interview? Our application was received at the London visa office in February and went to in process on April 23rd 2013, and it would be great if we had some indicator regarding our progress....I can't wait for this whole ordeal to end...I miss my husband terribly :(

Thanks for your replies, and good luck to everyone playing the waiting game like ourselves!

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
I would also like to know the difference.. after my husbands interview on April 16th, our status changed to "in process" the next day on the 17th of April 2013.. We filed in August 2012....

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
munchkin80 said:
I would also like to know the difference.. after my husbands interview on April 16th, our status changed to "in process" the next day on the 17th of April 2013.. We filed in August 2012....
I had the same situation like you after a week of my interview my ecas changed to 'in process'

till now what i know is may be they change it afterwards (for few applicants) is they wanted to determine the eligibility first and then change the ecas .
or sometimes it depends on the VO

few VO dont change the ecas that often and few does

may be others can answer this query well

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simb said:
I had the same situation like you after a week of my interview my ecas changed to 'in process'

till now what i know is may be they change it afterwards (for few applicants) is they wanted to determine the eligibility first and then change the ecas .
or sometimes it depends on the VO

few VO dont change the ecas that often and few does

may be others can answer this query well
someone here I know ordered his GCMS notes and it showed that his application went in process after his notes mentioned that his relationship was approved.
So if you're in process it means that there's nothing else to worry about. You are passed :)
Another person I know also had his status cahnged to in process and his interview.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
mamad2020 said:
someone here I know ordered his GCMS notes and it showed that his application went in process after his notes mentioned that his relationship was approved.
Me too.. unless you saw my post today :D On our Manila spreadsheet, every single person who got 'in process' either was after the interview or they were exempt. But every VO is different so you will have to check with people from your VO.

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
what does it mean to have passed eligibility.......?

salsaadani

Aug 16, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope!
LANDED..........
Soon I hope!
Thanks for your responses guys! Breathing a HUGE sigh of relief :D

mrrm03

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Vancouver BC
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
June 18,2018
VISA ISSUED...
June 26,2018
LANDED..........
July 12,2018
munchkin80 said:
Hi after the interview hnd pba nila kunin ung passport agad? My husband have interview on july 10, 2013 with NBI, and marriage of acknowledgement. Can u give us any tips kung ano mga questions so we have an i dea what to expect?

faithandlove

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
Cabanatuan City, Phils
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrrm03 said:
Hi after the interview hnd pba nila kunin ung passport agad? My husband have interview on july 10, 2013 with NBI, and marriage of acknowledgement. Can u give us any tips kung ano mga questions so we have an i dea what to expect?

ate, mom ko po nainterview last march 13, about your relationship lng po mga tanong... basta po be honest and wag xa kbahan. :) mababait dw po cla sbi ni mami, filipina po nginterview sa knya... posible po na kunin n dn passport nia kasi po after nia maipass yung interview for sure po visa na, just be positive and pray.. :)

Amanda10

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi-Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 13,2012
Doc's Request.
April 15, 2013
AOR Received.
November 20,2012
File Transfer...
November 20,2012
Med's Request
Novermber 1,2012
Med's Done....
November 6,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Passport submitted with the Application
VISA ISSUED...
13 September 2013
LANDED..........
2 october 2013
salsaadani said:
Hi all!

I have a question about the 'in process' status. I know on the CIC website it states that 'in process' means that the application is being checked, they will notify the applicant if any documents are missing or they may request an interview, etc. However, as I have been going through the forum I have noticed some people saying that:
a) their status goes to in process AFTER the interview or
b) the fact that their status has been changed to in process means that the interview has been waived.

Has anyone got any idea whether the 'in process' status may signify that there may be no need for an interview? Our application was received at the London visa office in February and went to in process on April 23rd 2013, and it would be great if we had some indicator regarding our progress....I can't wait for this whole ordeal to end...I miss my husband terribly :(

Thanks for your replies, and good luck to everyone playing the waiting game like ourselves!

Hi there,
I hope I will try to answer your question at the best I can.
1. There are two types of interviews, one is called the illegibility interview which some of the people have before their Ecas status changes to In Process. In this period the visa officer checks your forms and supporting documents against the illegibility standard. If there are holes and inconstancies, s/he will take notes of what is appearing like lies, or regions of doubts so that after S/he confronts you with those points S/he notes, then S/he will determined right there if you meet that standard or not. Again the VO office has the right to request for an interview anytime S/he sees something is hanging inside the application during processing time. The hardest one is the first interview which is mainly focusing on the genuineness of the relationship with the documents supplied.
2. The second interview is security check and this usually occurred after you passed the first one or you were exempted from it. While processing your file if the visa officer notice someone of interest that most countries of the world look for in your wedding photos, or you seem to have link with that person, or again your name comes up at the Interpol systems the visa officer will call for an interview right away and this has nothing to do with your illegibility of your relationship but security checks. This usually happening when your file is at the end because of the security check that RMCP does. I believe you understand a bit about interviews. But you don't need to worry about the security interview if you know that your life is clean but make sure your application is well prepared with proves. Let me sneak this sentence I heard from an immigration officer, he said:” when your files arrives at the Case Handling Center, we know that there are bunch of lies in these envelops, and your applications have to prove the opposite when we start processing them” Since I read that I was so shocked and it was the time we were prepared our file so we became Visa Officers of our own file.

Hope it helps