staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maran1976 said:
Here is what i have noticed in the past few months,

1. Reason for rejection: Adaptibility points for relative: Here most of the applicants who did not get the points have just send proof of PR or citizenship of their relative in Canada. They have not sent sufficient documents ( as mentioned in the checklist birth certificates etc etc) to prove how they are related and that they are residing in Canada. It is an error on the side of applicants, VO was right in not alloting points and rejecting the appliation.

2. Reason for rejection: Educational Qualifications: Some of the applicants have not obtained relevant educational qualifications for the NOC they have applied for. For eg, It does not sound convincing for a Computer Instructor, when he has a Bachelors Degree in Arts ( University recogonised ) and a diploma froma private computer training institute ( not recogonised !!) to claim points for experience etc.. Let me explain. I am software professional. I do have practical knowledge on how buildings are constructed. I cannot obtain a certificate from a private institute on interior design and apply as an architect .

Lets not forget, all the VO's of various countries, do look at all applications suspiciously, this is the only way, they can spot the fake ones. They do not give the applicants, benefit of doubt. nor do they give a chance to rectify the error..its not our fundamental right, lol.

We should take a lot of care in preparing the application and ensure that all the required documents are sent as mentioned in the checklist.
They didnt reject directly in mostly cases.
They send request to applicant for submit proof of relationship documents in 60 days..

Like this:

Dear Applicant,

Your application for permanent residence has been reviewed and the documents marked below are required.

An immigration officer will assess your application 60 days from the date of this email. The officer will make the decision to approve it, refuse it or call you for interview based on the documents and information contained in your application at the time of assessment. It is in your interest to submit the requested documents within 60 days. If you have not provided adequate information at the time of the officer's assessment, your application may be refused. You will be notified in writing of the officer's decision. Please do not send scanned copies of the documents via email.

If your documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence; please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on your submission and again on the top left hand corner of the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.

Proof of relationship to your relative living in Canada and evidence that your relative is living in Canada:

Provide official, objective, legible documentation to prove that you are related to your relative. Documents should include birth certificates and marriage certificates. The certificates must state the parents' full names. You must provide certificates for each person that links you to your relative. All documentation must predate your application. Affidavits prepared for the purpose of your application will not be considered conclusive evidence of your relationship.

Provide proof that your relative is living in Canada now. This should include: payslips issued to your relative by their employer in Canada, Canadian income tax documents (recent Notice of Assessment), credit card and bank account statements in your relative's name showing transactions that occurred in Canada. We will not accept utility bills, telephone bills and property ownership documents as conclusive evidence that your relative is living in Canada.

You must forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days of the date of this email. You will not receive any additional requests or reminders.

Yours sincerely,

CKL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commisariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inbox/-t73719.0.html;msg978306#msg978306

shaziabibi said:
Hi i have been asked for the following document by the VO to prove my relationship.

Proof of relationship to your relative living in Canada and evidence that your relative is living in Canada:

* Provide official, objective, legible documentation to prove that you are related to your relative. Documents should include birth certificates and marriage certificates. The certificates must state the parents' full names. You must provide certificates for each person that links you to your relative. All documentation must predate your application. Affidavits prepared for the purpose of your application will not be considered conclusive evidence of your relationship.

* Provide proof that your relative is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada. This must include a copy of their Canadian passport, citizenship, Record of Landing (IMM1000) or permanent resident card.
* Provide proof that your relative is living in Canada now. This should include: payslips issued to your relative by their employer in Canada, Canadian income tax documents - Notice of Assessment for tax years 2008 and 2009, credit card and bank account statements for the last six months in your relative's name showing transactions that occurred in Canada. We will not accept utility bills, telephone bills and property ownership documents as conclusive evidence that your relative is living in Canada.

hope this will help you.
regards,
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-address-disappeared-today-nov-1st-2011-t86938.0.html;msg1247966#msg1247966

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
maran1976 said:
Here is what i have noticed in the past few months,

1. Reason for rejection: Adaptibility points for relative: Here most of the applicants who did not get the points have just send proof of PR or citizenship of their relative in Canada. They have not sent sufficient documents ( as mentioned in the checklist birth certificates etc etc) to prove how they are related and that they are residing in Canada. It is an error on the side of applicants, VO was right in not alloting points and rejecting the appliation.

2. Reason for rejection: Educational Qualifications: Some of the applicants have not obtained relevant educational qualifications for the NOC they have applied for. For eg, It does not sound convincing for a Computer Instructor, when he has a Bachelors Degree in Arts ( University recogonised ) and a diploma froma private computer training institute ( not recogonised !!) to claim points for experience etc.. Let me explain. I am software professional. I do have practical knowledge on how buildings are constructed. I cannot obtain a certificate from a private institute on interior design and apply as an architect .

Lets not forget, all the VO's of various countries, do look at all applications suspiciously, this is the only way, they can spot the fake ones. They do not give the applicants, benefit of doubt. nor do they give a chance to rectify the error..its not our fundamental right, lol.

We should take a lot of care in preparing the application and ensure that all the required documents are sent as mentioned in the checklist.
I am afraid sir I don't agree with you as far as the 1st reason of rejection is concerned
In pre-june applicants especially those who submitted documents prior to 04/10 the checklist was different for example for adaptability points proof of residence like Notice of assesment,Bankstatement ,residential contract etc.were not demanded .CHC demanded the PR card /Landing paper for permanent resident relatives and citizenship cards/passport for canadian citizens.Ethically CIC should ask for updated documents according to latest checklist(2011) rather refusing inbulk

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
staralihaider said:
They didnt reject directly in mostly cases.
They send request to applicant for submit proof of relationship documents in 60 days..

Like this:

Dear Applicant,

Your application for permanent residence has been reviewed and the documents marked below are required.

An immigration officer will assess your application 60 days from the date of this email. The officer will make the decision to approve it, refuse it or call you for interview based on the documents and information contained in your application at the time of assessment. It is in your interest to submit the requested documents within 60 days. If you have not provided adequate information at the time of the officer's assessment, your application may be refused. You will be notified in writing of the officer's decision. Please do not send scanned copies of the documents via email.

If your documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence; please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on your submission and again on the top left hand corner of the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.

Provide official, objective, legible documentation to prove that you are related to your relative. Documents should include birth certificates and marriage certificates. The certificates must state the parents' full names. You must provide certificates for each person that links you to your relative. All documentation must predate your application. Affidavits prepared for the purpose of your application will not be considered conclusive evidence of your relationship.

Provide proof that your relative is living in Canada now. This should include: payslips issued to your relative by their employer in Canada, Canadian income tax documents (recent Notice of Assessment), credit card and bank account statements in your relative's name showing transactions that occurred in Canada. We will not accept utility bills, telephone bills and property ownership documents as conclusive evidence that your relative is living in Canada.

You must forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days of the date of this email. You will not receive any additional requests or reminders.

Yours sincerely,

CKL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commisariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inbox/-t73719.0.html;msg978306#msg978306

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-address-disappeared-today-nov-1st-2011-t86938.0.html;msg1247966#msg1247966
Dear Ali
CHC is not necessarily following the above mentioned criterion

nvblue

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
10-06-2010
Hello,

Please clarify my case if possible.

Applied suing NOC 0213 in "April 6,2010" directly onto CIO-Nova Scotia through my Brother In Law,residing there on PR since 5 years.
1st AOR Received = 26th June,2010 by giving 120 days time to submit all docs again to local VO (New Delhi) including IELTS result
Docs submitted within the 120 days limit.
2nd AOR = Nov 11,2010

I don't relay on "e-CAS" status as it is changing randomly. Previously, it was showing "Decision Made". After official mail to New Delhi Visa Office, it was removed!!!!! May be it was a BUG.

e-CAS status as on 11th Jan was,

Application Received - 6th April,2010
CIO-S Eligibility Review Complete
Received by Local VO
In Process
Decision Made

Now, It is showing only "Application Received - 6th April,2010". This is really very starage.....

My academics are,
Diploma Electrical Engineer from Government Engineering College after 12th Science (HSC) This is a part time course,means you need to attend daily 3 hours in the college.

Having 8 Years of full time experience in IT (Information Technology) domain in various fields.(Networking,System & Datacentre Administration,SAP)
Wife is a graduate(B.Com) & having 3 Years of full time experience. I have passed internationally recognized IT certifications i.e. RedHat, Cisco, IBM AIX etc... Will they consider it?

Attached official proof of IELTS (6 bands)

Attached PR copy of my brother in law with residential address & bank account information.

So, my question is, Do VO consider my part time diploma in final visa stage? How many points they can give me. (20,22 or 25)

Waiting..............

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
paramjit said:
As per the CIC site u will be awarded points only for the experience in the noc applied. U will get points for only 2 years exp. in the noc applied and not for 15 years total experience.
Others pl. comment so that picture is more clear
This is a valid point which needs to be clarified....

> Points of experience are based on total work experience regardless of NOC.
OR
> Points of experience are based on work experience in the particular NOC applied.

21 points are given for work experience of 4 years & above, 3 - 4 years is 19 points, 2 - 3 years is 17 points, 1 - 2 years is 15 points & less than 1 year is 0 points strictly for the work experience gained in NOC applied.

What I concluded is that points are awarded w.r.t. the years of experience in NOC applied not for full working expereince. Work period which is not related to NOC applied will not be counted & it will be discarded.

Now can anyone or senior member clarify my personal confusion :

> I am with my present company w.e.f. June 2000 & was on contract/outsourced till July 2005.
> From August 2005 till date (appox 7 years) I am on Company Rolls.
> I actually started working in my particular NOC 0213 w.e.f. Jan 2006 for which there is no particular appointment letter but just internal promotions.
> I mean to say that there are no clear indications as to when I started performing the duties of Data Center Manager.

Although I have provided my Job Duties in detail signed by my immediate superior, Promotion letters of October 2006 (Senior Post), April 2008 (Managerial Post), Evidence of internal mails flows that I am handling things w.e.f. Jan 2006.

Will this be by default that I am working as a senior & performing those duties

OR

I /my vertical will be quizzed for clarifications

OR

There will be a 3rd possibility of Straight Refusal, VO saying that I am not satisfied.

Please if someone can clarify.

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
@ NVBLUE... Buddy I also have Cisco Certificatiosn but they will never fetch you any points.

What I assume from various posts is that experience is counted w.r.t. particular NOC.

E.g. If you have applied as a Data Center Manager but for a particular time period if you have worked in the same company as an Online Support Engineer it will not be counted. This is just a thought that prompted into my mind today & this really makes me worried about my points of Experience.

In my previous post I have asked this ... If some one can clarify.

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
You are absolutely right Canadian Dreams.
The issue is that there are no clear demarcations of work in lot of fields.
Consider my company for eg.
Any fresher who completes 1 year will become an Asst Manager and after 3 years Deputy Manager.
Whether you r doing drafting work, purchasing,planning, designing, site work doesn't matter.
Everyone is a manager.

There is no direct co-relation to the title and the work done by you.

I hope that it doesn't become a problem for me.

I hope we get clear picture in some days.
It is around a month that people got in process.

Canadian Dreams said:
@ NVBLUE... Buddy I also have Cisco Certificatiosn but they will never fetch you any points.

What I assume from various posts is that experience is counted w.r.t. particular NOC.

E.g. If you have applied as a Data Center Manager but for a particular time period if you have worked in the same company as an Online Support Engineer it will not be counted. This is just a thought that prompted into my mind today & this really makes me worried about my points of Experience.

In my previous post I have asked this ... If some one can clarify.

binstm

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo VO
NOC Code......
3152/4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
14-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-04-2010; The application was reviewed and they started processing on November 10, 2010
Med's Request
Letter dated 27 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Letter Received on 21 March 2012; Medicals done on 24 March 2012; Sent to Ottawa from India on 27 and received on 29th March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Federal skilled worker applications are assessed for eligibility according to the criteria set out below.
For your application to be eligible for processing, you must:
• have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
• have one year of continuous full-time paid work experience in at least one of the occupations listed here * OR
• be an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian PhDprogram within the past 12 months) and meet certain criteria.
*The occupations on this list are in areas where there is a proven need in Canada for more workers. If you are applying under this stream, CIC will only accept your application if you have experience in one of these occupations.
Work experience minimum requirements
If your application is eligible for processing it will then be assessed against minimum requirements.
Your work experience must be:
• for at least one year, continuous, and paid (full-time or the equivalent in part-time), AND
• Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the CanadianNational Occupational Classification (NOC) list. (Note: The NOC is a system for classifying jobs in Canada. The link will take you to the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada’s website.)
If you meet the above minimum requirements, your application will be processed according to the six selection factors in the skilled worker points grid, which are:
• your education
• your abilities in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages
• your work experience
• your age
• whether you have arranged employment in Canada, and
• your adaptability.

You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada.

This is from CIC website......

29 NOC category is used only for eligibility and you should have atleast 1 yr experience in that NOC. The total experience you have will be used for calculating points.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Hello All,

I am a FSW2 applicant and I am new to this forum and this question might be unrelated to the topic but I would really like to know how to become a *profile owner* or a *member* on this forum? I want to be able to post my timeline as you members are currently able to.

Thank you!

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
Master7 said:
Hello All,

I am a FSW2 applicant and I am new to this forum and this question might be unrelated to the topic but I would really like to know how to become a *profile owner* or a *member* on this forum? I want to be able to post my timeline as you members are currently able to.

Thank you!
Keep Posting some useful stuff... you will become member & will have rights to update profile after 10 posts I guess.

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
@ binstm thanks buddy for your positive post which had enouraged people like me who have this confusion regarding points of work experience.

Please can you share if you are sure about this theory

29 NOC category is used only for eligibility and you should have atleast 1 yr experience in that NOC. The total experience you have will be used for calculating points.

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
different people have different views, its hard to say whose opinion is the right one.
nobody can peek into the VO's head , lol :p

we should be very careful while applying, seeking opinions on immigrations matters. some people preach their opinions as the law or the way of working of visa offices. for this reason, some countries have made it illegal for people to offer consultation on immigration, unless they are qualified and approved by the respective CHC.

some senior members, dont use 'caps' or 'bold letters' , they are very right in saying, its strictly their opinion.
ofcouse, all of us can seek solace in kind words. we want to hear what we want to hear !

just because, we meet the criteria or have the required points, does not mean that the VO will approve the application. There is something called as the 'quality' of the application/applicant !
Its upto the VO to decide if the applicant is suitable for immigration, with respect to all the criterias.

This is what I feel, in some countries, its easy to seek, career re-direction, without relevant education.
Now, for eg, if a commerce/economic student in India, is well /experienced in India as a software developer, the VO, might feel, although there is experience, the applicant might find it difficult to find a job in Canada with his non-IT qualification..

Thats why, in hsrdc site, they say for each NOC that the applicant should 'usually' have relevant education.

But for Canadian dreams , if the experience is in a good company , then the VO is sure that the applicant will progress well in Canada and add to the society...

Rizwanyounes

Oct 2, 2009
yeah thats true mine also have rejected ..... two days ago i have received a letter from cic that ur case has been rejected and u will be refunded ur pro fee with in 8 to 12 weeks

now im planning to apply for visitor visa or refugee claimmmm....
what say....

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
Dear Rizwan sorry to hear about your rejection but could you please elaboate your reason of rejection for the information of other forum members.

arrowsmom

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
7241 / 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application kit
AOR Received.
02/03/2012
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
02/21/12
Med's Request
05/03/12 (thank you Lord)
Med's Done....
05/22/12 Meds Sent to CEM : 06/22/12
Interview........
07/22/12 Medical results have been received on ECAS
Passport Req..
08/06/12 (DM : 09/20/2012)
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/12
LANDED..........
10/23/12 at Edmonton, AB
Canadian Dreams said:
Dear Rizwan sorry to hear about your rejection but could you please elaboate your reason of rejection for the information of other forum members.
yes please clarify if rejection was due to lack of points or due to cap reached. you are lucky becase CIC mentioned that your fees are to be refunded.. this is what haunts those who received NER and did not get a confirmation that their fees will be returned.

thank you