+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection & Student Direct Stream

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
posting for friend:

Hello Guys,

I am from Pakistan and applied under normal stream for student visa. But my visa got rejected due to financial status and ties to home country. Even though I have showed about 50K CAD dollars in bank statements, and my fees for first year is just around 15K per year. My uncle was sponsoring me because my parents can't afford. I have send all the required applications (main & family), as well as letter from my uncle and his bank statements. Did I miss anything? What can I do? How can I show ties? I am a single, but my parents and siblings live in Pakistan. Pleas guide me.

Also, I am thinking to apply again through SDS stream. I tried to apply online, but it doesn't show me any category to select this stream. How would I know that I am applying to the correct program? It is showing same forms as under regular stream. My concern is it doesn't show any documents or option to upload IELTS, GIC certificate, and 1-year tuition fees proof. Please advise and guide me.

Will appreciate your help.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
posting for friend:

Hello Guys,

I am from Pakistan and applied under normal stream for student visa. But my visa got rejected due to financial status and ties to home country. Even though I have showed about 50K CAD dollars in bank statements, and my fees for first year is just around 15K per year. My uncle was sponsoring me because my parents can't afford. I have send all the required applications (main & family), as well as letter from my uncle and his bank statements. Did I miss anything? What can I do? How can I show ties? I am a single, but my parents and siblings live in Pakistan. Pleas guide me.

Also, I am thinking to apply again through SDS stream. I tried to apply online, but it doesn't show me any category to select this stream. How would I know that I am applying to the correct program? It is showing same forms as under regular stream. My concern is it doesn't show any documents or option to upload IELTS, GIC certificate, and 1-year tuition fees proof. Please advise and guide me.

Will appreciate your help.

Thank you.
The fact your uncle is your sponsor significantly weakens your application. IRCC strongly prefers to see that you can pay for everything yourself or with the help of your parents.

Are you living in Pakistan now?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to add - how old are you? Did you and your parents show any funds? How long is the program? Having an uncle sponsor the whole amount and possibly use all his savings on your education doesn’t show an ability to fund your studies.

Reactions: scylla

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
I am 19 years old, and sorry I meant my grandparent (my mother's father). He is really rich, has business and investments. So technically I am not using all of his savings. What next I can do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am 19 years old, and sorry I meant my grandparent (my mother's father). He is really rich, has business and investments. So technically I am not using all of his savings. What next I can do?
What school and what program are you planning on taking in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Will that make any difference? I got admission in diploma program which is 3 years program and has a co-op option in Conestoga College.
Yes, of course that can make a difference.

Why a diploma and not a bachelor degree? What did you say in your statement of purpose regarding what you plan to take in Canada?

You should note that this isn't a good option if your end objective is to apply for PR in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You said $50k in savings and if tution for 3 years is $45k and another $30k minimum for living expenses then enough funds were not shown. That is using all the savings.

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Yes, of course that can make a difference.

Why a diploma and not a bachelor degree? What did you say in your statement of purpose regarding what you plan to take in Canada?

You should note that this isn't a good option if your end objective is to apply for PR in Canada.
What statement of purpose? There was no option. I attached main application, family form, letter and bank statement from sponsor, passport copy, photo, letter from college etc.

My IELTS test was less, so I endup applying to diploma program. But later on I will change to BSc degree program.

My objective is to get diploma and degree and come back. I have to take care of my family.

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
You said $50k in savings and if tution for 3 years is $45k and another $30k minimum for living expenses then enough funds were not shown. That is using all the savings.
Like I said, he is rich. He has alot of investments and owner of various business.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Like I said, he is rich. He has alot of investments and owner of various business.
But you were refused because of funds. Having investments and businesses doesn’t necessarily translate into liquid funds. How much in liquid funds (bank statements over the last 6 months) did you, your parents and grandfather show? You and your parents need to show some funds too.

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
This is the complete decision:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

Hamza555

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
This is the complete decision:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
Hii what is your timeline?
I have applied from pakistan too