+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rejection of visitor visa

Aditya19851

Oct 10, 2019
I applied for my parents' visitor visa for two times but got rejected with same following reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

my parents had travelled australia before and I submitted with all immigration stamps in their passport including copy of their australian visa. Isnt that enough to show travel history?
we are only 2 siblings and my sister reside in australia. If both children are living abroad then are they not allowed to apply canada as they cannot show any family ties in country of residence?
we just had our first child and its first grandchild in our family. I wanted to share this joy with my parents and conduct our rituals for newly born baby which I had clearly mentioned in purpose of visit. is that not a valid reason for a visit?

I am completely blank right now and could not understand why they rejected. I am in stress and cannot think of how am I going to convince visa officer that they will be here in canada only for few months and they are 100% going to return back to their country because they do not like the way life is in abroad.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I applied for my parents' visitor visa for two times but got rejected with same following reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

my parents had travelled australia before and I submitted with all immigration stamps in their passport including copy of their australian visa. Isnt that enough to show travel history?
we are only 2 siblings and my sister reside in australia. If both children are living abroad then are they not allowed to apply canada as they cannot show any family ties in country of residence?
we just had our first child and its first grandchild in our family. I wanted to share this joy with my parents and conduct our rituals for newly born baby which I had clearly mentioned in purpose of visit. is that not a valid reason for a visit?

I am completely blank right now and could not understand why they rejected. I am in stress and cannot think of how am I going to convince visa officer that they will be here in canada only for few months and they are 100% going to return back to their country because they do not like the way life is in abroad.
Did you show any ties in home country such as fixed assets or Bank balance or siblings to return to?

Aditya19851

Oct 10, 2019
Yes. we have house in city centre and its well worth. besides, I also submitted copy of their Fixed deposit they have which will mature at the time when they are planning to visit. besides, Me and my wife both have permanent job in Canada and we both included all our documents that shows permanent job with good income.
they are living by themselves and my sister is in australia whom they visited last year.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Yes. we have house in city centre and its well worth. besides, I also submitted copy of their Fixed deposit they have which will mature at the time when they are planning to visit. besides, Me and my wife both have permanent job in Canada and we both included all our documents that shows permanent job with good income.
Speculation
They either might be concerned that your parents will informally work as caretakers for your new kid
Or they expect you to apply for super Visa instead

I suggest waiting for responses from veterans on this forum

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would order CAIPS notes. Once you have the exact reasons you can better respond. Adding more refusals will just hurt your case. I think there also may be a concern that they will be caring for the child.

ibbidude1

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016

I think this is because your parents are going together and there is a chance of not coming back . this is speculation.
did they visit together for Australia.

They might think that your parents dont have strong ties in their homeland as compared to Canada.

we are not sure what purpose you mentioned in application. it should be justifies purpose.

praveshshrivas

Apr 19, 2017
Same thing happened for me too. My parents visa got rejected today due to below reason.

Well in my case, I haven't submitted my parents property or any FD details, I got the template of all the information from my friend who recently applied for their in laws without their financial details and all and his application got approved.

Not sure, what should I do next. Someone please guide

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

What evidence did you show to prove ties to their home country? Things like property ownership, employment, etc.? How long a trip to Canada did they request?

praveshshrivas

Apr 19, 2017
@Aditya
What evidence did you show to prove ties to their home country? Things like property ownership, employment, etc.? How long a trip to Canada did they request?
showed the Employment details (but in application forms),
Stay of Canada- 4 month with the dates printed in application forms ,Purpose of Visit and in Invitation letter

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@Aditya

showed the Employment details (but in application forms),
Stay of Canada- 4 month with the dates printed in application forms ,Purpose of Visit and in Invitation letter
Four months is a long time and demonstrates they lack real ties to their home country if they can leave for that long. I would recommend reapplying and requesting a shorter visit (e.g. 3 weeks). Any chance you are having a baby and said your parents were traveling here for that reason?

praveshshrivas

Apr 19, 2017
Four months is a long time and demonstrates they lack real ties to their home country if they can leave for that long. I would recommend reapplying and requesting a shorter visit (e.g. 3 weeks). Any chance you are having a baby and said your parents were traveling here for that reason?
Thanks for the help. i've not mentioned anything about the baby. I just mentioned the visit to Canada places. should I wait to re-apply or I should apply now with short duration ? what do you recommend? application got rejected on Mar 24, 2020

Last edited: