+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection of PR due to expired Police certificate

Laks

Dec 4, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have received a rejection from CIC stating that the attached Police certificate from my country of residence is invalid as it was more than six months when I applied.

"The attached Police Certificates from Australia for PA and Spouse issued 6 months prior to date of application."

Do I have an option to reopen my application with a new Police certificate from my country of residence. I am hoping I can receive the new certificate in a period of two weeks

Appreciate your guidance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Please clarify -

1 - When did you apply?

2- Was this a refusal (your application was accepted, processed, and then refused)? Or was it returned as incomplete (for lacking a valid PCC)?

Laks

Dec 4, 2014
jes_ON said:
Please clarify -

1 - When did you apply?

2- Was this a refusal (your application was accepted, processed, and then refused)? Or was it returned as incomplete (for lacking a valid PCC)?

I applied on May 16th. It was an absolute oversight that I missed the 6 month rule.

The letter says:

Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Current Police Certificates
The attached Police Certificates from Australia for PA and Spouse issued 6 months prior to date of application.

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Purpose

To determine if the applicant or their family members has a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada

Document requirements

For the applicant's current country of residence, the PC must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the PC must be issued later than the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row. This instruction is for the purpose of the check for R10 completeness. However, it is always at an officer's discretion to request a new or additional PC.
In some circumstances, CIC must ask for the PC on behalf of the applicant. In some circumstances (e.g., New Zealand), a client must complete a consent form to initiate a PC. There are specific documents required of the applicant for such requests and they must be submitted as part of the complete application.

So your current country of residence is not Canada?

Laks

Dec 4, 2014
yashiro_j said:
Purpose

To determine if the applicant or their family members has a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada

Document requirements

For the applicant's current country of residence, the PC must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the PC must be issued later than the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
The PCs are required upfront and mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for six or more months in a row. This instruction is for the purpose of the check for R10 completeness. However, it is always at an officer's discretion to request a new or additional PC.
In some circumstances, CIC must ask for the PC on behalf of the applicant. In some circumstances (e.g., New Zealand), a client must complete a consent form to initiate a PC. There are specific documents required of the applicant for such requests and they must be submitted as part of the complete application.

So your current country of residence is not Canada?
No, my current country of residence is not Canada. And it has been 8 months the PCC was issued prior to the date of application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Laks said:
Do I have an option to reopen my application with a new Police certificate from my country of residence. I am hoping I can receive the new certificate in a period of two weeks
So sad to hear. Unfortunately, you will have to submit a new EOI profile and wait for another ITA to apply again.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp