+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection from University of Saskatchewan Fall 2016

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
Today I received a rejection letter from University of Saskatchewan which stated that my low percentage (2.97/4 = 79.3%) is cause of my rejection. What are my chances of getting into

1. Uni of Victoria (MS in CS Industrial Option)
2. Uni of Western Ontario (MS in CS)

I have 1.8 years experience as a Software Engineer. I heard that getting into Uni of Sask was easier than these two so does it mean that I should prepare myself for the worst?

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salliPak said:
Today I received a rejection letter from University of Saskatchewan which stated that my low percentage (2.97/4 = 79.3%) is cause of my rejection. What are my chances of getting into

I have 1.8 years experience as a Software Engineer. I heard that getting into Uni of Sask was easier than these two so does it mean that I should prepare myself for the worst?
Many are getting rejected, as far I looked across this Forum...
Which Course did you apply for?
University of Saskatchewan doesn't take much of international students (as far as I heard)!...
What is your profile?.... Only 3 universities you applied?
You stand a chance at Victoria I think!...

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
Sparsha said:
Many are getting rejected, as far I looked across this Forum...
Which Course did you apply for?
University of Saskatchewan doesn't take much of international students (as far as I heard)!...
What is your profile?.... Only 3 universities you applied?
You stand a chance at Victoria I think!...
At University of Victoria I applied for MS in CS (Industrial Option) but I am realising maybe I made a mistake because many people have applied in the same concentration..and at University of Western Ontario I applied for Masters in Computer Science (Software Systems)
Here is my profile:

Undergrad CGPA: 2.978/4.00 (CGPA in last four semesters 3.2/4.00)
GRE: 303 (Q: 155, V: 148)
IELTS: 7.5 (with no individual score less than 6.5)
Work Experience: 1.8 years in web and mobile application development
Won numerous competitions for my Final Year Project

Have you also applied to University of Victoria? Can you share your profile too?

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salliPak said:
At University of Victoria I applied for MS in CS (Industrial Option) but I am realising maybe I made a mistake because many people have applied in the same concentration..and at University of Western Ontario I applied for Masters in Computer Science (Software Systems)
Here is my profile:

Undergrad CGPA: 2.978/4.00 (CGPA in last four semesters 3.2/4.00)
GRE: 303 (Q: 155, V: 148)
IELTS: 7.5 (with no individual score less than 6.5)
Work Experience: 1.8 years in web and mobile application development
Won numerous competitions for my Final Year Project

Have you also applied to University of Victoria? Can you share your profile too?
Yes I too have applied for the same course at Victoria in Dec,2015..
UG (ECE)- 72.23%
12th - 93%
10th-83.14%
IELTS - 7.5 (with no individual score less than 6.5)
Work Experience - 4.6 Years... (Software Developer in .Net Technologies)
Good extra-circular activities and won few awards at work, along with some volunteering and part time jobs!...

The universities left for me are -
1) Univ of Vic
2) Univ of Manitoba
3) Ryerson University (applied one month after deadline though) :(

I got rejections from Carleton and Ottawa... :mad: :mad:

KB3

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
salliPak said:

Hie? Did you applied after you have convinced a supervisor?

Because usask only accepts if you have supervisor as far as i know... so if supervisor has accepted you some plus minus in the percentage is allowed.

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
Sparsha said:
Yes I too have applied for the same course at Victoria in Dec,2015..
UG (ECE)- 72.23%
12th - 93%
10th-83.14%
IELTS - 7.5 (with no individual score less than 6.5)
Work Experience - 4.6 Years... (Software Developer in .Net Technologies)
Good extra-circular activities and won few awards at work, along with some volunteering and part time jobs!...

The universities left for me are -
1) Univ of Vic
2) Univ of Manitoba
3) Ryerson University (applied one month after deadline though) :(

I got rejections from Carleton and Ottawa... :mad: :mad:
Sorry to hear about your rejections :( I read on the website of Ottawa that they need a minimum of 3.00/4.00 (undergrad CGPA) so I did not apply. I think you have a pretty good chance at Industrial Option in UVic because of your work experience!

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
KB3 said:
Hie? Did you applied after you have convinced a supervisor?

Because usask only accepts if you have supervisor as far as i know... so if supervisor has accepted you some plus minus in the percentage is allowed.
No, I did not contact the supervisor. Actually, my preference was "Project Based" Masters and they have stated on their website that for this option, you don't need a supervisor. Can you guide me about University of Western Ontario? Do I need to contact a professor or it's too late now? What are my chances of getting there?

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salliPak said:
Sorry to hear about your rejections :( I read on the website of Ottawa that they need a minimum of 3.00/4.00 (undergrad CGPA) so I did not apply. I think you have a pretty good chance at Industrial Option in UVic because of your work experience!
Mine is 3.2-3.3(72.34%) for 4.0.. you're calculating it wrong... They gave me reason as insufficient background (since I did my UG in ECE not CS), not lower scores as the reason of rejection!

I may stand a chance at UVic, but after admit I want to change it to Course Work not Industrial option!...
How many universities did you apply?

salliPak

Mar 21, 2016
Sparsha said:
Mine is 3.2-3.3(72.34%) for 4.0.. you're calculating it wrong... They gave me reason as insufficient background (since I did my UG in ECE not CS), not lower scores as the reason of rejection!

I may stand a chance at UVic, but after admit I want to change it to Course Work not Industrial option!...
I had calculated mine to be approx 74% according to the guidelines given by my country's Higher Education Commission. But I received an e-mail from Graduate Secretary of USask stating that my percentage converted to 79.3% (I can PM you the screenshot of the e-mail if you want)

I have applied to three universities only..USask, UVic and UWO..

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
Sparsha said:

Why do you want to change to course work?

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haris00 said:
Why do you want to change to course work?
I always wanted to do Course work only.. rest all colleges I applied for Course work only except this...There was no necessary for a supervisor for an Industrial option course, so I applied for it assuming it is also 2 year course!....
Recently came to know about one year... At the end, I wanted to land up in Course Work only!...

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salliPak said:
I had calculated mine to be approx 74% according to the guidelines given by my country's Higher Education Commission. But I received an e-mail from Graduate Secretary of USask stating that my percentage converted to 79.3% (I can PM you the screenshot of the e-mail if you want)

I have applied to three universities only..USask, UVic and UWO..
Is it so? :eek: No university mentioned to me that I didn't meet their minimum criteria so far in their rejection mails (My score is considered as 3.2/4.0 itself!)... It may vary with country I suppose!..
I suggest you to apply to few more universities (It's up to you though!) because the three universities that you have mentioned are quite tough to get in as an international student!..
Try Ryerson (deadline is passed, but it offers rolling admissions!... I applied after deadline to this university and they are reviewing my profile currently!) or University of Windsor (deadline - May 1st) or Concordia University (Rolling admissions till June 1st)..

GameBoy4993

Dec 25, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Dear Sparsha,

Did you apply in Carleton for fall 2016 intake?

swetha.vutlapalli

Oct 6, 2015
Hi ,

Sorry to hear such rejections.

Btech mechanical 8.2 CGPA
ielts 7.00

no experience

appllied to Ottawa and waterloo

waterloo mailed last week that profile is good but we cant offer u this time bcz of huge flow of applications

ottawa still in process

y this much rejections for canada even some of my friends which are less grades and backlogs to me get offer in US and Australia top universities.

Y this only to canada for such rejections even ranking are far more than us and others

can anyone explain