+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection due to Police certificate

LGG711

Dec 28, 2015
Hi guys

I'm have been rejected due to not incl a police certificate of the UK where I lived 8 years ago. I've tried contacting every one with an email I can find and phoning. I am in Singapore and from South Africa. Can someone send me an email address that is helpful to re-open your case due to a police certificate?

Thanks!!

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
LGG711 said:
Hi guys

I'm have been rejected due to not incl a police certificate of the UK where I lived 8 years ago. I've tried contacting every one with an email I can find and phoning. I am in Singapore and from South Africa. Can someone send me an email address that is helpful to re-open your case due to a police certificate?

Thanks!!
Obtain a PCC from UK & send it to CIC through CSE. Please find the link below for your reference.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

jideomoba

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LGG711 said:
Hi guys

Thanks!!
Oh sorry about the rejection. A PCC is a MUST have. You have to at least get it first before you can even have a ground for your application to be re-opened. I have to tell you though that, application are sometimes reopened if the ' fault' is from CIC , but then there is no harm in trying first. If your CRS score is good ( above 460) then recreate your profile and wait for the next draw..

UK PCC is one of the most convenient to request, just GOOgle 'ACRO' . I think the cost is about GBP 45 for normal ( 10 days processing) and the express is for GBP 80 ( 2 days processing) you should go for the express and save time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LGG711 said:
Hi guys

Thanks!!
Why on earth didn't you submit it? It was a required document.

As others have said, you can try obtaining the UK PCC and submitting it and requesting that your application be reopened. However it's quite possible they won't since you submitted an incomplete application and were correctly refused.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
LGG711 said:
Hi guys

Thanks!!
As others have already mentioned, chances of reopening this application are low as you missed one of the required documents without mentioning anything about it in your application.

With that said, you should still request for a reopen using CSE.

UK PCC is one of the easier PCCs to obtain. You can opt for express processing (80 GBP) and also opt for courier dispatch (45 GBP) instead of royal mail post. If all goes well, you will have physical copy of your PCC in 5 days.

All the best.

LGG711

Dec 28, 2015
Thanks all

I did not submit this because it was 8 years ago that I lived there. I understood one must only submit PC's of countries where I have lived the last 6 months and not longer than 6 months.

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
LGG711 said:
Thanks all

I did not submit this because it was 8 years ago that I lived there. I understood one must only submit PC's of countries where I have lived the last 6 months and not longer than 6 months.
Hi LGG711,

Interpret it as "Submit PCC for all countries(1 PCC per country(atleast)) where you lived for more than 6 months in last 10 years or since your 18th birthday".

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
LGG711 said:
Thanks all

How much time you lived there?

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
Issues like this make a valid case for the use of a reliable consultant, especially if you do not have the time and patience to read CIC guidelines on Express Entry.

It's quite unlikely that they would reopen your case as the new PCC would reflect a post e-apply date, however, there is no harm in trying. A pragmatic step would be to recreate a new profile and wait for a new ITA.