+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection due to ECA

JoyceM

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
india_user25 said:
I am not sure because both the reports will have different reference number and one of them can't be accessed by CIC online.

Duplicate report takes around 1-2 days, they'll transfer the original documents to your new file (with new ref number).
Is there a difference in the numbers or just the suffix of the new from the old report?

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
JoyceM said:
Is there a difference in the numbers or just the suffix of the new from the old report?
It is just the suffix that is different while the first 7 digits remain the same.

JoyceM

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T365 said:
It is just the suffix that is different while the first 7 digits remain the same.
Well, if that is the case then i guess its safe to upload the scanned copy of the hard copy (one with logo) since i assume cic would/should know to just drop the letters when verifying online.

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
^ while that is logical, I would not take a chance with CIC in interest of time, money, and emotions. Best is to get a duplicate report from WES with the IMM suffix, and send that to CIC.

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
Asivad Anac said:
Just the Masters.
Thank you Aivad Anac, I think this is also an issue for me, as my lawyer filled all my degrees in my previous application.

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
Asivaad, a very quick question, what shall I do for my wife under the same column, I haven't done ECA for my wife's degree and haven't claimed points for it. Shall I leave it blank or dill in all her qualifications, ie Masters, UG, 10th and 12th?

Please help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chella2700 said:
Asivaad, a very quick question, what shall I do for my wife under the same column, I haven't done ECA for my wife's degree and haven't claimed points for it. Shall I leave it blank or dill in all her qualifications, ie Masters, UG, 10th and 12th?

Please help.
Either leave it blank or just mention Masters, choose 'No ECA' option and upload their degree certificate. Either way, you'll get no points for that section.

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
Asivad Anac said:
Either leave it blank or just mention Masters, choose 'No ECA' option and upload their degree certificate. Either way, you'll get no points for that section.
Thanks Asivad

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
india_user25 said:
Original soft copy means ? The one that is having incorrect suffix?

But it is having different Reference number, moreover in the latest ECA report, it is mentioned that it is a duplicate report and the original evaluation was done on so ... date.

Since the original report has different reference number, i only uploaded the latest duplicate report.

Hello buddy. We're in the exact same boat. I only uploaded the soft copy of the upgraded report with IMM suffix thinking that it's what they want.
I'm thinking to submit CSE including the original one. What is your plan? Also, when was your AOR? Let's keep in touch my friend.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,
I have found this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=867&top=6
States "Citizenship and Immigration Canada will accept ECA reports for five years from the date they are issued, so long as they were issued on or after April 17, 2013."

There are different views on weather applicants must submit their ECA report with their application or just provide the reference numbers. Though CIC has facility to check credentials with appropriate authorities, its always recommended to submit your ECA report along with your application.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The ECA is not requested but I personally submitted mine and I recommend everyone submits theirs. You have nothing to lose.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chella2700 said:
Hi OmSaiOm,

It is done only for my mastrs, so it is mentioned in my ECA report that my Masters is equivalent to Canada Masters
Hello chella2700,

Thank you for you reply.
I have two more questions and most probably the last ones.
Q1) Do you have your Bachelor's and Master's done outside Canada?
Q2) Are you planning to have ECA done for your Bachelor's?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
omsaiom said:
Hello chella2700,

Thank you for you reply.
I have two more questions and most probably the last ones.
Q1) Do you have your Bachelor's and Master's done outside Canada?
Q2) Are you planning to have ECA done for your Bachelor's?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM
Hello OMSAIOM,

I have done both outside CANADA, I haven't done for my undergrad. In the application section I have written only masters as per advise from Asivaad.

enq29

Jan 6, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am in same position, got ECA done from IQAS only for Masters (ouside of canada) and now I have received ITA so while uploading the Educational Documents should I upload only Masters degree or Bacherlors, 12th and 10th as well? Please advise.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am in same position, got ECA done from IQAS only for Masters (ouside of canada) and now I have received ITA so while uploading the Educational Documents should I upload only Masters degree or Bacherlors, 12th and 10th as well? Please advise.
Only highest degree is required.