Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
Hello Guys,

Can any one help. In my previous thread I have mentioned that my ITA was rejected and the reason they said is they didnt receive my ECA report.

After raising a CSE with them, they responded that they are holding to the rejection.

My Immigration Lawyer in Canada said they probably asking for my Undergrad WES report and my wife's WES report, but I couldn't find that requirement in CIC website. I have done ECA for my master's.

Although many of you guys sugested to get an upgraded report thus CIC can view it online my lawyer said it is not necessary.

What shall I do now? Please advise. Is there in the same situation as I am?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
chella2700 said:
Hello Guys,

Can any one help. In my previous thread I have mentioned that my ITA was rejected and the reason they said is they didnt receive my ECA report.

After raising a CSE with them, they responded that they are holding to the rejection.

My Immigration Lawyer in Canada said they probably asking for my Undergrad WES report and my wife's WES report, but I couldn't find that requirement in CIC website. I have done ECA for my master's.

Although many of you guys sugested to get an upgraded report thus CIC can view it online my lawyer said it is not necessary.

How long did it take for the rejection? Did your ECA report number start or end with IMM?

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chella2700 said:
You know the answer already, if CIC can't view they will reject it of course. Get your ECA report upgraded ASAP and re-apply.

Please be more careful with the "advices" from your "lawyer".

Reactions: shaizeik

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chella2700 said:
Hello Guys,

You should have ECA for all your post secondary courses.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Furthermore, adding to what thenewbie said, we all know what CIC ask for and what they actually look for are 2 different things. In general always upload more than the required documents; so for Education upload ECA and copy of Certificates, for Passports upload bio-metric pages, visa stamped and non-visa stamped pages, current and old passports etc.

If you're telling the truth and have the documents to justify there is no harm in uploading them.

Save yourself the heartache and in some cases take what lawyers and immigration agents tell you with a grain of salt.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you get points for your wife's education?

INR2CAD07

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajibsam said:
You should have ECA for all your post secondary courses.
Need to have highest degree only , which he obtained points. No need to to have ECA for all post secondary

Reactions: shaizeik

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
Thanks, I have not gained points for my Undergrad or for my wifes education, I have gained points only for my Masters. Moreover my ECA doesn't end with IMM. How yo upgrade the report, it is confusing, which option should I click. Please advise.
Thanks

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chella2700 said:
Thanks, I have not gained points for my Undergrad or for my wifes education, I have gained points only for my Masters. Moreover my ECA doesn't end with IMM. How yo upgrade the report, it is confusing, which option should I click. Please advise.
Thanks
Hello chella2700,

I have also only done ECA evaluation for my Master degree only.
What your lawyer says about it. Is it OK to only have Master's ECA done.
Please keep this thread posted with updates.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
omsaiom said:
Hello chella2700,

I have also only done ECA evaluation for my Master degree only.
What your lawyer says about it. Is it OK to only have Master's ECA done.
Please keep this thread posted with updates.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM
The rule for ECA is as below:
If your highest education (Masters in this case and yours too) is equated to Masters in Canada, then no need to get any other degree evaluated by WES, else you SHOULD (not necessary though) get your Bachelors evaluated too, to get the benefit of the "Two or more degrees/diplomas..." option to get some additional CRS points on education.

I guess the OPs issue here is not "ECA not done for lower degrees", rather it's that his ECA report is not viewable by CIC because it'd reference number doesn't end with IMM as supposedly new series of numbers started by WES that are electronically accessable by CIC directly.

Hope that clarifies...

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
Thanks canada welcome

@OMSAIOM: I agree to canada welcome the problem I have here is my lawyers hasn uploaded the ECA along with my application, he just went with the word mentioned in the ECA report that CIC is copied in it. When I checked the order track for my ECA it says it has been posted two copies only to the address provided and no mention about CIC.
When I click order the duplicate copy it says that the copy will be accesible by CIC. But am not sure how to upgrade the report. Please help how to upgrade the report

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
chella2700 said:
Thanks canada welcome

@OMSAIOM: I agree to canada welcome the problem I have here is my lawyers hasn uploaded the ECA along with my application, he just went with the word mentioned in the ECA report that CIC is copied in it. When I checked the order track for my ECA it says it has been posted two copies only to the address provided and no mention about CIC.
When I click order the duplicate copy it says that the copy will be accesible by CIC. But am not sure how to upgrade the report. Please help how to upgrade the report
That's it, you're doing it correctly, just continue. It should cost just $30 (plus tax) for the electronic version.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chella2700 said:
Thanks canada welcome

Hello chella2700,

Thank you for your reply.
I am also going ahead with my application.

Q1) After what time you received your communication regarding ECA after submitting your application.

Just to understand it more better,with the statement "I have done ECA for my master's" you mean that you only sent your transcripts for Master degree and your ECA evaluation has no mention of Bachelor degree.
Q2) Am I correct with the above statement?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
I have sent both my Masters degree and Undergraduate Degree, but in my application I have mentioned that I have done ECA for Mastre, the problem is I haven't submitted ECA I have provided only the reference number.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
chella2700 said:
the problem is I haven't submitted ECA I have provided only the reference number.
This was probably it, there were a few rejections reported for not including the ECA in the document upload section.

I recall the ECA inclusion is not mentioned in information icon in the upload section, but it's on the IRCC website, even in bold type:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Note: You will have to provide the reference number from the ECA report in your Express Entry profile, as well as in your application for permanent residence (along with proof of your foreign credential). If we cannot validate the number you enter, you will need to provide an electronic copy to confirm. Keep a copy in case we need to see it.

If you are invited to apply for permanent residence and you do not include this assessment and proof of your foreign credential when you apply, your application is not complete and will not be accepted for processing. Any fees submitted will be returned and you will need to submit a new Express Entry profile to be considered in the future.