+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection because of ECA

NaomiAmanda

Aug 14, 2023
I added my ECA WES report in education section and also provided WES reference number but still they rejected my application.
I had ICAP course by course evaluation report which ends with \nn. Any idea about this.

Reason they gave for rejection is below:
Education Credentials: o The Education Credential Assessment (ECA) provided with your application was not issued for immigration purposes. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/education-assessed.html
Yes, my AOR is in November, 2022 and the application was approved in June. Best of luck!
Hi,
I just got an email saying that my application was canceled due to the educational assessment not being issued for immigration purposes.
Can you tell me the process of how you updated your application or contacted them to get it approved?
Most of my documents will now be expired if I cannot somehow save my application. Please help.

jackmma

Jul 24, 2023
I had the same issue you need to get the WES report for immigration because they send an electronic copy of the report to IRCC directly for them to verify, then raise a webform requesting consideration attaching a copy of the response you got from IRCC and your Wes for immigration purpose.

NaomiAmanda

Aug 14, 2023
I had the same issue you need to get the WES report for immigration because they send an electronic copy of the report to IRCC directly for them to verify, then raise a webform requesting consideration attaching a copy of the response you got from IRCC and your Wes for immigration purpose.
Did they reconsider your application after you sent the web form?
I got a message saying that they’ll add it to review, but when I called, they said it doesn’t mean they’ll reopen the case.

jackmma

Jul 24, 2023
I got a reply from them but my IRCC portal just shows In progress for both Background check and biometric

webform reply: "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your permanent residence application is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office".

NaomiAmanda

Aug 14, 2023
I got a reply from them but my IRCC portal just shows In progress for both Background check and biometric

webform reply: "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your permanent residence application is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office".
My application still says closed. Even the web form reply they gave me said that it’s added to my file and will be reviewed by an officer. But when I called she told me the chances are low that they’ll reconsider and to just start again. However, my ielts and everything is expired now so I’ll have to redo everything.

Candaadream

Star Member
Sep 28, 2022
Any update on this issue please. I am in a similar boat. I did a course by course evaluation which is wrong and got my ITA. So I am thoroughly going through my data and I saw this. I requested one from WES for IRCC immigration purposes and paid extra but it has a different reference number from the one in my original express entry submission. Do I update it post ITA and address this change in my letter of explanation?
Hello, I am in same situation, initiall ECA is course to course and its rejected by IRCC with reason that need ECA for immigration purpose, how did you submit your new ECA. Did you convert course by course to document by document or just ordered duplicate copy for immigration purposes on WES website with CAD32 fees ... thanks

Oyebims27

Oct 27, 2023

How long did it take you to get a response from IRCC after submitting webform?

Zubairali

Mar 16, 2018
I got a message saying that they’ll add it to review, but when I called, they said it doesn’t mean they’ll reopen the case.
i am on the same boat . did you submit web form brother

Zubairali

Mar 16, 2018
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for
permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements
of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not
put into processing.
MY pr appliaction rejected reason is above after that i sent new ECA to the ircc and sent web form to reopen my appliaction .i did not get any reply for last 3 weeks any sugestion please . did i need open another application or i need to wait . because i read all comments everyone have possitive responds .

Zubairali

Mar 16, 2018
I added my ECA WES report in education section and also provided WES reference number but still they rejected my application.
I had ICAP course by course evaluation report which ends with \nn. Any idea about this.

Education Credentials: o The Education Credential Assessment (ECA) provided with your application was not issued for immigration purposes. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/education-assessed.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

What WES report did you submit. ICAP is not accepted for immigration purposes.

Kunal kinger

Mar 4, 2024
Did you got any reply from ircc? Did they reconsider your application?