+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection because of ECA

Maulik_1996

Oct 5, 2021
I added my ECA WES report in education section and also provided WES reference number but still they rejected my application.
I had ICAP course by course evaluation report which ends with \nn. Any idea about this.

Reason they gave for rejection is below:
Education Credentials: o The Education Credential Assessment (ECA) provided with your application was not issued for immigration purposes. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/education-assessed.html

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You need to get the WES report for immigration, because they send an electronic copy of the report to IRCC directly for them to verify.

houzhou1988

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
May I ask you how long after your AOR to the rejection? I have the same situation as yours, just curious. Thanks.

houzhou1988

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
The rejection happens before BIL , so if you have just applied it will happen within 15-20 days.
Thanks buddy, I reordered an ECA report to IRCC, submitted via webform and called them, they added a note on my file, hopefully they will not reject me.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I added my ECA WES report in education section and also provided WES reference number but still they rejected my application.
I had ICAP course by course evaluation report which ends with \nn. Any idea about this.

Reason they gave for rejection is below:
Education Credentials: o The Education Credential Assessment (ECA) provided with your application was not issued for immigration purposes. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/expressentry/documents/education-assessed.html
You need to order document-by-document evaluation for immigration purpose (ending with IMM). We have seen course-by-course ECAs being rejected quite often.

hugewood

Aug 2, 2023
Any update on this issue please. I am in a similar boat. I did a course by course evaluation which is wrong and got my ITA. So I am thoroughly going through my data and I saw this. I requested one from WES for IRCC immigration purposes and paid extra but it has a different reference number from the one in my original express entry submission. Do I update it post ITA and address this change in my letter of explanation?

Daniel1120

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Visa Office......
Montreal
Any update on this issue please. I am in a similar boat. I did a course by course evaluation which is wrong and got my ITA. So I am thoroughly going through my data and I saw this. I requested one from WES for IRCC immigration purposes and paid extra but it has a different reference number from the one in my original express entry submission. Do I update it post ITA and address this change in my letter of explanation?
Hi the exactly same thing happened to me, I uploaded my WES report for immigration purposes with a explanation letter and also requested WES to send my report to IRCC directly, and it seems if you do so, IRCC do not have too much concern.

hugewood

Aug 2, 2023
Hi the exactly same thing happened to me, I uploaded my WES report for immigration purposes with a explanation letter and also requested WES to send my report to IRCC directly, and it seems if you do so, IRCC do not have too much concern.
Thank you very much for your reply. I was really worried about this. Did they accept your application afterwards?

Daniel1120

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Visa Office......
Montreal
Thank you very much for your reply. I was really worried about this. Did they accept your application afterwards?
Yes, my AOR is in November, 2022 and the application was approved in June. Best of luck!