Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Hi magi, it's very disheartening to be rejected after such a long wait.
But don't be discouraged, as everyone here is suggesting, just take your time to gather all the required documents, look through the
application guide a few times, and if you are not sure, consult with someone who knows this process well.
I am also waiting for MR, and have applied in May 2012. I hope everything will be fine with my case, though I can see that anything is possible with CIC, even a rejection after such a long wait.
Wishing you good luck with your new application.

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
flywith2010 said:
Magi - When u have applied ? Pls. tell your timelines.

Also roles and responsiblity is very importnat in refrence letter , In the forum some people has posted some good sample refrence letter.

I am not sure abt your timelines but you can gather the docs again and then reapply.

Hi fkywith2010,

Do you have link to such sample letters. I applied for CEC in OCT 2012 and CIC has asked for all client contracts and all contracts between me and the company . [ Not sure If I can get all of them ]

I mostly think they will ask for client reference letter looking at the other posts .

I can think of reference letter from the client like below. But really need some more inputs

To whom it may concern:

This letter is to confirm that <my name> currently works for <Client name> via <My Company name>
since <Date > for our project for <Client's client name>

The project requires ... < Project description >

<My Name> performs following role at high level.

Then of my duties For example one of the duties is ..
Designing and developing software applications using Java/J2EE SOAP etc.

<my name> works 40 hours a week.

Then a brief 4-9 lines about the <Client name> .

Signature

I am not sure if client letter should mention no. of hours .

I already submttied my company's reference letter which has no. of hours , My salary
job duties at high level.

Another thing is . Has anybody tried submitting email print out from Manager / Supervisor / Team lead. Sometimes when you ask them something like ...

Can I use you as a reference for the software developer work I did for this particular project ... they gladly reply ... of course and email has their full signature .

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
All what you need to know is provided on CIC's website. See # 10 on checklist: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

Simply provide a copy of that page to the employer/manager as it clearly lists what should be included.

When you call it a "reference letter", there could be a misunderstanding because:

1. many employers think it's the type of reference you need when looking for another job. Reason why you would find some letters talking about "John Doe performed at very high level, we are happy with him, etc" which CIC does not care about.

2. many employers no longer provide "reference letters" or serve as a reference, other than to confirm your start/stop dates and perhaps salary. On the other hand, the CEC checklist clears up any misunderstanding and sometimes a document with the CIC logo could lend importance to a requirement and make an employer go above and beyond to provide information.

One of your managers is now willing to provide a letter. That's great. Would they have given this to you the first time around had you provided the CEC checklist? We'll never know.

Lastly, I would not recommend that applicants create "formats" for the letter or write the letters for their employer to sign. An employer/manager who can read and write should be able to put in their own words all the information requested by CIC.
SenoritaBella
Last time my manager provided me a letter without roles and responsibilities when i asked him abt tat he told me its against their rules to provide such type of letter he knew tat im applying for PR...

Now one of my manager agreed to give me a letter.Once i finish tat ill update to u guys to help me out if any thing to be added.
Im thinking to submit reference letter from my company india as well as canada branch separately.
Is it better to get client reference letter??
should i mention Intra-transfer company in letter ??

Thankyou

Magi

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bickyii said:
totally agree with SenoritaBella..
I emailed my manager as shown below, and he wrote me a perfect letter describing all the required things..

Hi,
I have fulfilled the requirements to apply for Canadian Immigration on my work permit. To apply I need letter of reference from my current Employer.
Can you please advise HR to issue me letter of reference according to cic.gc.ca requirements.

The letter of reference should have following information as stated by cic.gc.ca:

Work Experience in Canada
Up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers for the past 3 years.

Letters must be
• Written on company letterhead,
• Signed by responsible officer/supervisor,
• Have the printed name and title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature,
• Show the company`s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses,
• Stamped with the company`s official seal (if applicable)

Letters must include all of the following information:
• The specific period of your employment with the company,
• The position you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position,
• Your main responsibilities and duties in each position,
• Your total annual salary plus benefits,
• The number of hours worked per week.

The information regarding Software Developer category can be found at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2174&val65=2174

The class under which I am going to apply can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Try something like this, and i hope your manager will never deny it...
Good Luck...
Thanks bickyii ...

kevin220

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171, 2173 and 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
28-08-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
26-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
blrk said:
Hi fkywith2010,

Do you have link to such sample letters. I applied for CEC in OCT 2012 and CIC has asked for all client contracts and all contracts between me and the company . [ Not sure If I can get all of them ]

I mostly think they will ask for client reference letter looking at the other posts .

I can think of reference letter from the client like below. But really need some more inputs

To whom it may concern:

This letter is to confirm that <my name> currently works for <Client name> via <My Company name>

Signature

I already submttied my company's reference letter which has no. of hours , My salary

Another thing is . Has anybody tried submitting email print out from Manager / Supervisor / Team lead. Sometimes when you ask them something like ...

Can I use you as a reference for the software developer work I did for this particular project ... they gladly reply ... of course and email has their full signature .
Just make sure that whatever duties you identify in client reference letter matches closely with that of your company reference letter. Mentioning hours shouldn't hurt but should be good even without it. All the best.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevin220 said:
Just make sure that whatever duties you identify in client reference letter matches closely with that of your company reference letter. Mentioning hours shouldn't hurt but should be good even without it. All the best.
Hours are important. Have them mention everything that is outlined in the docs checklist... Otherwise their is no guarantee!

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
jsm0085 said:
Hours are important. Have them mention everything that is outlined in the docs checklist... Otherwise their is no guarantee!
Why should client talk about hours . Specially if it is team lead kind of person.

Company reference letter already talks about hours.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blrk said:
Why should client talk about hours . Specially if it is team lead kind of person.

Company reference letter already talks about hours.
Company = agency
client = organization with agency contract

CEC require the organization the work was completed for (the client) to confirm that you actually did the work for them - and exactly how much of it you did. The company under these circumstances is effectively a third party. If you don't think it's needed - leave it out and all the best to you.

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
jsm0085 said:
Company = agency
client = organization with agency contract

CEC require the organization the work was completed for (the client) to confirm that you actually did the work for them - and exactly how much of it you did. The company under these circumstances is effectively a third party. If you don't think it's needed - leave it out and all the best to you.
Thanks. The reason I asked is if client ask me what parameters to put in the letter . I should be able to tell those and also why it is needed in the letter. Our company already has a contract with them which says I work 40 hours per week for them . Mostly I will be able to submit a copy of that.

Another reason I was worried was my company reference letter has standard 37.5 hours per week of work ( Which was same as last 2 clients as well ) . However, this latest client I work for has 40 hours of work. Will 2.5 hours per week create a problem ?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blrk said:
Thanks. The reason I asked is if client ask me what parameters to put in the letter . I should be able to tell those and also why it is needed in the letter. Our company already has a contract with them which says I work 40 hours per week for them . Mostly I will be able to submit a copy of that.

Another reason I was worried was my company reference letter has standard 37.5 hours per week of work ( Which was same as last 2 clients as well ) . However, this latest client I work for has 40 hours of work. Will 2.5 hours per week create a problem ?
It should be fine. Assuming you worked 40 hours for them! I'd suggest you give your manager the documents checklist re ref. letter and ask them to comply as much as possible. That is the info CIC need in order to make the decision.

desi2012

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
jsm0085 said:
Shouldn't the mention of full-time in the reference letter be sufficient? Somehow I am also did not get hours in my reference letter.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The reason cic want the letter from the 'client' instead of your employer is because you didn't actually work for the employer - so all they can really confirm is that you were employed with them and what you were paid. The verification from the client needs to be strong.

Will it be sufficient? Who knows! It depends on the visa officer and the documentation in front of them. Instead of wondering I strongly suggest that people provide the information requested to prevent the same problems occurring.

jaihanuman

Nov 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
30-01-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
My application was Rejected last year with Same reason and I applied back this Year.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
blrk said:
Hi fkywith2010,

To whom it may concern:

Signature

hi Birk

I need to clarify some information from you. I actually got all my CEC work experience thru employment agencies (I worked with companies thru agencies) but don't know if your situation relates to mine. I am just curious of what you are going through with immigration because your situation seems to be very unique. But before I give u my peace of mind, I have couple of questions to ask: I can only give u my idea if u sincerely give me the true picture of the whole story.

First, are u employed with agency and at the same time working with another employer? second, does the two employers file your tax every year? Third, the time u submitted your application, how many employment letters did u submitted? which T4s did u submitted and the name of the company written on the t4s; (agency or client)?? also which NOC code did u applied with?? Also are u a PGWP holder or working under restriction??if u sincerely answers all these questions, I will know what to suggest. thanks

blrk

Jun 12, 2013
ujbaby said:
hi Birk

I need to clarify some information from you. I actually got all my CEC work experience thru employment agencies (I worked with companies thru agencies) but don't know if your situation relates to mine. I am just curious of what you are going through with immigration because your situation seems to be very unique. But before I give u my peace of mind, I have couple of questions to ask: I can only give u my idea if u sincerely give me the true picture of the whole story.

First, are u employed with agency and at the same time working with another employer? second, does the two employers file your tax every year? Third, the time u submitted your application, how many employment letters did u submitted? which T4s did u submitted and the name of the company written on the t4s; (agency or client)?? also which NOC code did u applied with?? Also are u a PGWP holder or working under restriction??if u sincerely answers all these questions, I will know what to suggest. thanks
Hi ujbaby,

Thanks for the reply . I really some inputs here .

>> First, are u employed with agency and at the same time working with another employer? second, does the two employers file your tax every year?
I am software developer with 10 years of experience. I came to Canada with 6+ years of software development experience to work for a software company for its Software products and software services for its clients.
I am with the same employer since oct 2009 . As I said It is not an agency . They have software product and software services for clients.
I have tax returns filed right from 2009 till now from the same one employer . i.e. to be precise I have 4 T4s and 4 NOA from the same employer
name is written on it. It's a small company in canada with bigger branches in USA and India.

>> Third, the time u submitted your application, how many employment letters did u submitted?
which T4s did u submitted and the name of the company written on the t4s;
(agency or client)?? also which NOC code did u applied with??

I submitted my CEC application in OCT 2012.
I had following employment letters
Employer Initial offer letter ( Oct 2009 )
Employer Reference Letter mentioning all my job Duties , hours and Salary .
All T4's have my employer's name written on it.
My NOC code is 2174 .

>> Also are u a PGWP holder or working under restriction??
I am on a closed work permit with my employer.

There is another development --It seems it will very difficult to get client contracts as per our
company policy they won't give it.

BTW These are exact words from CIC's second email related to this .

It will be required for you to provide copies of all the contracts/employment agreements you entered into with <Company>
as well as verifiable evidence from client sites where you have worked at during your qualifying period confirming your contract work as an employee of <Company>.

I am just curious of what you are going through with immigration because your situation seems to be very unique

;D ;D till a month ago I was thinking that my case was generic like lots of my friends who work for clients through software companies but now I am beginning to think that it's unique.