rejected...

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

My application was rejected on july 17th with a reason stating tat my reference letter din't contain roles and responsibilities .I replied with sum supporting documents but i dint receive any response from them.So im thinking to reapply ASAP.

Did any 1 applied 2nd time for PR after rejection?
Can i reapply ? what r the chances to get PR after rejection?
Is any one received PR or medicals after applying for 2nd time??

flywith2010

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Magi - When u have applied ? Pls. tell your timelines.

Also roles and responsiblity is very importnat in refrence letter , In the forum some people has posted some good sample refrence letter.

I am not sure abt your timelines but you can gather the docs again and then reapply.

pjcanada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
Med's Request
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
27-03-2013
Passport Req..
09-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2013
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
magi said:
Hi all

My application was rejected on july 17th with a reason stating tat my reference letter din't contain roles and responsibilities .I replied with sum supporting documents but i dint receive any response from them.So im thinking to reapply ASAP.

There is very likely that your application will go thru next time..please ensure you've foolproof reference letter...
I strongly advise you to go thru an immigration attorney..just to play safe this time.

mydandelions

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan. 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Mar. 4, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
RPRF/Biodata Request Nov. 27, Medical Request Nov. 28, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 11, 2013 Meds sent Dec. 29, 2013
Passport Req..
March 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014
LANDED..........
March 29, 2014
flywith2010 said:
Magi - When u have applied ? Pls. tell your timelines.

Also roles and responsiblity is very importnat in refrence letter , In the forum some people has posted some good sample refrence letter.

I am not sure abt your timelines but you can gather the docs again and then reapply.
I believe magi applied last may 2012.

and magi.. I agree that you should re-apply with a detailed and complete ref letter.

good luck.

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes ..i applied in may 2012
got AOR in july 2012
rejected in june 2013.

But ppl working in cooperate companies will not get reference letter with roles mention in it....
I'll try to please my manager dis time hope everything go well........

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
magi said:
got AOR in july 2012
rejected in june 2013.

But ppl working in cooperate companies will not get reference letter with roles mention in it....
One whole year from AOR... That's an unfortunately long wait. Hope it goes better this time.

And I fully understand. A lot of larger firms, as a matter of corporate policy do not issue anything on company letterhead unless there's a specific template and a procedure for issuing the letter. Most people in this situation that I know of have also worked with a manager/supervisor and gotten a note that way and attached it to the "incomplete" official letter.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
magi said:
got AOR in july 2012
rejected in june 2013.

Magi - you can get a detailed letter from your employer no mater its corporate or not- signed either by your HR Senior Manager or your immediate supervisor.

Did your employer ever applied for an LMO before? If they did, ask them to issue the same letter they used when they prepared your LMO application. The reference letter used in LMO has a detailed responsibilities section. Who ever signed that letter, you can request them to sign it again. or simply re-print the letter with current date.

If your employer never had to apply for an LMO, then simply copy and paste the duties mentioned in your offer letter (if those are still the same). Make sure they are detailed enough and are your current duties. Add anything that is not included. Then simply add other vital details, like employment period, your title, your salary and no. of hours per week etc. That will do it.

All the best.

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thisisauser :

I kept so many hopes on dis but went wrong....its my bad luck.
I cant do any thing now except reapplying it again.
Hope no one should suffer like me.

All the best to all......

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
InfoSeeker12 said:
Magi - you can get a detailed letter from your employer no mater its corporate or not- signed either by your HR Senior Manager or your immediate supervisor.

Did your employer ever applied for an LMO before? If they did, ask them to issue the same letter they used when they prepared your LMO application. The reference letter used in LMO has a detailed responsibilities section. Who ever signed that letter, you can request them to sign it again. or simply re-print the letter with current date.

If your employer never had to apply for an LMO, then simply copy and paste the duties mentioned in your offer letter (if those are still the same). Make sure they are detailed enough and are your current duties. Add anything that is not included. Then simply add other vital details, like employment period, your title, your salary and no. of hours per week etc. That will do it.

All the best.
Infoseeker12

I came here as a Intra-Company transfer so they dint processed any LMO.
One of my manager told me tat he will be give me a reference letter as i wish.

I have a doubt can i get reference letter signed with any manager in my company?
Do i need to mention Intra-company transfer in my letter?
can u specify wat all should be included in reference letter.

Thanku

Magi.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
All what you need to know is provided on CIC's website. See # 10 on checklist: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

Simply provide a copy of that page to the employer/manager as it clearly lists what should be included.

When you call it a "reference letter", there could be a misunderstanding because:

1. many employers think it's the type of reference you need when looking for another job. Reason why you would find some letters talking about "John Doe performed at very high level, we are happy with him, etc" which CIC does not care about.

2. many employers no longer provide "reference letters" or serve as a reference, other than to confirm your start/stop dates and perhaps salary. On the other hand, the CEC checklist clears up any misunderstanding and sometimes a document with the CIC logo could lend importance to a requirement and make an employer go above and beyond to provide information.

One of your managers is now willing to provide a letter. That's great. Would they have given this to you the first time around had you provided the CEC checklist? We'll never know.

Lastly, I would not recommend that applicants create "formats" for the letter or write the letters for their employer to sign. An employer/manager who can read and write should be able to put in their own words all the information requested by CIC.

magi said:
Infoseeker12

I came here as a Intra-Company transfer so they dint processed any LMO.
One of my manager told me tat he will be give me a reference letter as i wish.

I have a doubt can i get reference letter signed with any manager in my company?
Do i need to mention Intra-company transfer in my letter?
can u specify wat all should be included in reference letter.

Thanku

Magi.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
SenoritaBella said:
All what you need to know is provided on CIC's website. See # 10 on checklist: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

Simply provide a copy of that page to the employer/manager as it clearly lists what should be included.

When you call it a "reference letter", there could be a misunderstanding because:

1. many employers think it's the type of reference you need when looking for another job. Reason why you would find some letters talking about "John Doe performed at very high level, we are happy with him, etc" which CIC does not care about.

2. many employers no longer provide "reference letters" or serve as a reference, other than to confirm your start/stop dates and perhaps salary. On the other hand, the CEC checklist clears up any misunderstanding and sometimes a document with the CIC logo could lend importance to a requirement and make an employer go above and beyond to provide information.

One of your managers is now willing to provide a letter. That's great. Would they have given this to you the first time around had you provided the CEC checklist? We'll never know.

Lastly, I would not recommend that applicants create "formats" for the letter or write the letters for their employer to sign. An employer/manager who can read and write should be able to put in their own words all the information requested by CIC.
totally agree with SenoritaBella..
I emailed my manager as shown below, and he wrote me a perfect letter describing all the required things..

Hi,
I have fulfilled the requirements to apply for Canadian Immigration on my work permit. To apply I need letter of reference from my current Employer.
Can you please advise HR to issue me letter of reference according to cic.gc.ca requirements.

The letter of reference should have following information as stated by cic.gc.ca:

Work Experience in Canada
Up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers for the past 3 years.

Letters must be
• Written on company letterhead,
• Signed by responsible officer/supervisor,
• Have the printed name and title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature,
• Show the company`s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses,
• Stamped with the company`s official seal (if applicable)

Letters must include all of the following information:
• The specific period of your employment with the company,
• The position you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position,
• Your main responsibilities and duties in each position,
• Your total annual salary plus benefits,
• The number of hours worked per week.

The information regarding Software Developer category can be found at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2174&val65=2174

The class under which I am going to apply can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Try something like this, and i hope your manager will never deny it...
Good Luck...

meg20122

Jun 30, 2012
YEs you should re apply and this time be careful. Follow all what CIC needs. By the way, are you getting back your proccessing fee?
All the best for re applying!

calgaryboy24

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-10-2012
AOR Received.
August-2012
Med's Request
March-20-2013
Med's Done....
April-06-2013
magi said:
Hi all

Sorry to hear about your rejection Magi. I was rejected last year for the same reason as i missed reference letters. I applied again after 2 months and now i got medicals and passport request and in the process of COPR.

You can apply again after rejection, just make sure to provide all the documents, complete reference letters, proofs as CIC looks for any reasons to deny our applications but if you provide everything they want then possibility of rejection minimizes.

posstr

Dec 23, 2012
Hi magi,
sorry to hear about ur rejection,,, applying 2nd time has nothing to do with your rejection first time,i was rejected last april because of some confusions with reference letter i reapplied in july, gor the rprf request and did medicals today, so almost in the process of getting it,,,i would say don't wait , and reapply again but be careful this time,,,