+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected twice, weird reco by agent for 3rd application

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
My sibling applied for a grad certificate at Humber College, ON. Got rejected twice (SP + SOWP). GCMS notes both times states that VO is not satisfied about primary applicant's scholastic history + relevance of course on account of work ex and edu background.

This time around my sibling went to an agent. The agent states we'll write a new SoP and just mention at the end of the SoP that we have been previously rejected. Not sure about this ploy. My understanding here is that the agent has no clue how to address the issue. Therefore, hoping to score a fluke. Approved - hey, my strategy worked. Rejected - i mean look, you had 2 rejections already.

Thoughts? Has anyone experienced this before?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My sibling applied for a grad certificate at Humber College, ON. Got rejected twice (SP + SOWP). GCMS notes both times states that VO is not satisfied about primary applicant's scholastic history + relevance of course on account of work ex and edu background.

This time around my sibling went to an agent. The agent states we'll write a new SoP and just mention at the end of the SoP that we have been previously rejected. Not sure about this ploy. My understanding here is that the agent has no clue how to address the issue. Therefore, hoping to score a fluke. Approved - hey, my strategy worked. Rejected - i mean look, you had 2 rejections already.

Hard to comment without knowing your siblings full profile. Generally speaking, a SOP doesn't fix the issue. You need to strengthen the application.

Of course you definitely need to mention the previous refusals in the new application

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Why scylla said, hard to say without know full profile but talking numbers, statistically speaking, it is a steep slope to climb once you are refused twice already.

First mistake I see already is applying with a spouse for a grad certificate-> big red flag. Could be refused for this alone and we don't know any other details. If your agent was smart, they would advise your primary applicant to land first and then apply for SOWP later (almost guaranteed approval)

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Why scylla said, hard to say without know full profile but talking numbers, statistically speaking, it is a steep slope to climb once you are refused twice already.

First mistake I see already is applying with a spouse for a grad certificate-> big red flag. Could be refused for this alone and we don't know any other details. If your agent was smart, they would advise your primary applicant to land first and then apply for SOWP later (almost guaranteed approval)
yep, i recommended the same. But, the agent is stupid. Said already applied twice with spouse, applying without spouse is a red flag. But, can they apply together if it's a Masters? Don't get the logic considering I know a couple of folks who are here for a Master's degree, but they applied without their spouses. Spouses to follow later.

Last edited:

michaelofficial123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
yep, i recommended the same. But, the agent is stupid. Said already applied twice with spouse, applying without spouse is a red flag. But, can they apply together if it's a Masters? Don't get the logic considering I know a couple of folks who are here for a Master's degree, but they applied without their spouses. Spouses to follow later.
Applying without spouse is anything but a red flag. That is a tie to one's home country which is a plus point.

Reactions: zagcollins

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Look, no offence but I have never heard of Humber College, unless it is a very speciality college, it makes no sense for someone to come and study there. It seems it is a polytechnic and best offers graduate certificate courses and honors courses. If they had a degree already, it will look really weird why they want to do a graduate certificate program. It is best suited for a journey-man trades career, some specific career oriented pathways like funeral director etc. Those things tend to be very local. For grad studies with a degree in hand, look elsewhere.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If they applied for masters in the beginning then yes, they'd have a good chance but not anymore. Refused twice is not good.
Graduate certificate are aimed at 22 to 24 year olds not married people. Masters is advanced

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
If they applied for masters in the beginning then yes, they'd have a good chance but not anymore. Refused twice is not good.
Graduate certificate are aimed at 22 to 24 year olds not married people. Masters is advanced
fair point. sibling is 33, married. Has 1 Bachelor's degree and a diploma in textile design. has 7 years of work ex in Textile and Interior Design, seeking to pivot to a career in UX Design with a course at Humber College. IELTS 7.5. As a student, graduation scores were around 60-65%.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
fair point. sibling is 33, married. Has 1 Bachelor's degree and a diploma in textile design. has 7 years of work ex in Textile and Interior Design, seeking to pivot to a career in UX Design with a course at Humber College. IELTS 7.5. As a student, graduation scores were around 60-65%.
Oooh thats why. If it is a sudden move it wont go well with ircc.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
what do you mean by 'sudden move'?
Textile to UX Design. Unless they have some kind of work experience or something to substantiate his fit in this domain. Something like existing job or something similar.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Textile to UX Design. Unless they have some kind of work experience or something to substantiate his fit in this domain. Something like existing job or something similar.
wasn't sudden. SoP for application#2 laid out how current job responsibilities were similar to that of a UX Designer. Think the larger reason is definitely the grad certificate. No mention in the GCMS notes about family ties either.

my babies

Jan 26, 2023

Not necessarily as I wanted until my husband got into Canada to attend school before I applied for both work and visitor visa for me and our children and we were refused

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not necessarily as I wanted until my husband got into Canada to attend school before I applied for both work and visitor visa for me and our children and we were refused
SOWP and TRV for you and your kids is not guaranteed. You would have showed your own funds (not other family members) for the number of people in your family. So for 4 family members at least $17k not including tuition.

my babies

Jan 26, 2023
SOWP and TRV for you and your kids is not guaranteed. You would have showed your own funds (not other family members) for the number of people in your family. So for 4 family members at least $17k not including tuition.
Thank you for this response. Someone told me even though we used his parents financial background I still needed to have my own so I wanted to know how much money I needed to have to have myself prepared for the next time we apply