+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected TRV = refused entry? & other misc. questions..

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hello helpful forum people!

My husband and I are continuing to work on our paperwork, and I have a couple of miscellaneous questions for y'all...

- One of the questions on the applicant's paperwork is: 'Have you ever been refused entry to Canada?' We applied for a TRV for my husband earlier this year, and it was rejected. Does this count?

- 'Personal history - list all activities from the last 10 years, or from your 18th birthday, whichever comes first.' I am a bit confused by the wording on this one. My husband is 26.. so should we put from the time he was 16 or 18?

- Is travel history required for the PR application? If so, will my husband need to provide proof of travel history? He had a diplomatic passport before, so this might be a bit tricky.

- So far we've written nice long answers to the questions about 'how you know your sponsor'. Mostly we've just sort of explained our story (it's a bit unique). Should I include the photo proof to go along with these stories separately, or include them with my extended answers?

- My husband and I married in secret (his family did not approve) and later told his family about the marriage. His father died, around that time so all things combined we did not have a wedding. His family now approves and everyone has been aware of our marriage for quite awhile. Is this going to cause problems on the application? We've explained all these factors in detail, and what our reasons were for eloping.

Thanks so much! :)

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
OH! And -

There is a question asking 'Does your sponsor support you financially? How much and how often? Provide proof.'

I (the sponsor) do support my husband financially. We live together, and I am the one working (he is a student). I pay for all living expenses, and for his university. I don't know how we can prove this, and I don't know what to put for 'how much and how often'. Any advice?

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will number the questions that I can answer:
2. Personal history. This seems to be a question about IMM 5669 question 8. If so you have /may have the wrong edition of the form, or possibly are misquoting. Look in the bottom left hand corner of the form to see the date of the edition. The latest edition is December 2012 and its wording is not as quoted by you. It now says 'since the age of 18 or the past 10 years whichever is most recent. In your husband's case they want a history from age 18 to 26
3. Travel History. As I recollect it depends on which Visa Office will be processing your application.The Paris office requires a travel history. London does not. Look at the end of the document checklist for Western Europe which refers to a supplementary requirement for Paris (and another for Albania).
4. Photos to establish how you know your sponsor. There are no fixed rules. Personally I would have a separate bundle of photos with explanations either written on the back or in an index, with cross references to the bundle in the text of your answer.
5. No, it is unlikely to be a problem
6. Second post. Say exactly what you say in your post, first sentence but if possible say how much and how often as well. Since your salary suppports you both you should be able to say how much you earn, net of tax, and how much of your earnings you spend ? They do not ask for proof.
I cannot answer question 1: outside the area of my experience.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After writing the above I happened to see your name on another post and see from that that you are resident in Syria. There is a specific requirement for travel information for persons living in Syria. See IMM 3911

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
wowsers said:
After writing the above I happened to see your name on another post and see from that that you are resident in Syria. There is a specific requirement for travel information for persons living in Syria. See IMM 3911
Thanks so much for the reply!

I was indeed misquoting the 'personal history'.. I just wrote what I remembered to be written on the form. I just not found the country specific checklist, so I see we do need travel history. Will we need to include proof of travel history, or is the form enough?

Thanks again!

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMM 3911 is quite long and I have not attempted to read it all. What I did read did not mention proof and as a general rule I would not include proof except when asked for it. If they need it they can always come back at a later stage and ask for it.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
angryrectangle said:
Hello helpful forum people!

My husband and I are continuing to work on our paperwork, and I have a couple of miscellaneous questions for y'all...

- One of the questions on the applicant's paperwork is: 'Have you ever been refused entry to Canada?' We applied for a TRV for my husband earlier this year, and it was rejected. Does this count? There is a difference between "refused entry" and "refused a visa", but without the name of the form(IMM ??), hard to give you an answer.

- 'Personal history - list all activities from the last 10 years, or from your 18th birthday, whichever comes first.' I am a bit confused by the wording on this one. My husband is 26.. so should we put from the time he was 16 or 18?
whichever comes first.... if you start at 26 and go backwards, you get to 18 first(18th birthday) before 16. So you give his personal history from 18th birthday to date.

- Is travel history required for the PR application? If so, will my husband need to provide proof of travel history? He had a diplomatic passport before, so this might be a bit tricky. Yes. Read the country specific checklist for Syria.

- So far we've written nice long answers to the questions about 'how you know your sponsor'. Mostly we've just sort of explained our story (it's a bit unique). Should I include the photo proof to go along with these stories separately, or include them with my extended answers? It says to include any evidence you think will help proof your relationship is genuine and continuing.

- My husband and I married in secret (his family did not approve) and later told his family about the marriage. His father died, around that time so all things combined we did not have a wedding. His family now approves and everyone has been aware of our marriage for quite awhile. Is this going to cause problems on the application? We've explained all these factors in detail, and what our reasons were for eloping.
Do your best to explain the situation e.g. what changed to make them support the marriage? Do you have affidavits from his family stating their support? He is muslim and you are atheist - do you plan to convert? Is it required in his culture/religion for the wife to convert? The visa officer will process the application keeping in mind the cultural practices/norms of both cultures. So the better job you do of clarifying these points, the less likely the chances for an interview or refusal for "non-genuine marriage".
Do you have pictures of the actual marriage or signing? Did you have witnesses?

Thanks so much! :)

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hello! Sorry for the late reply - our electricity has been out all week :(

- The form in question (have you ever been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada?) is IM5669E.

- I did convert to Islam to get married here (you have to prove your religion to marry in Syria), so I can show documents showing that. We don't have sworn affidavits (I think there might be some legal trickyness to having them done in Syria, then sent to Canada?) but I do have other ways to show that we visit his family often, and his mother approves of the marriage.

Thanks so much for the advice!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You are welcome!. So question 6 on IMM 5669... If he was denied a temporary resident visa to Canada, then:
a) 6d should be "Yes" in your case. This one is for people who have been refused any type of visa (work permit/study permit/work visa/student visa/permanent resident visa/visitor visa/Quebec selection).

b) 6e (have you ever been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada?) should be "No" in your case. This one is for people have been turned away at the border, given a departure order or deportation order.

If getting affidavits is difficult, they can write letters and sign it then send you scanned copies by email?

angryrectangle said:
Hello! Sorry for the late reply - our electricity has been out all week :(

- The form in question (have you ever been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada?) is IM5669E.

- I did convert to Islam to get married here (you have to prove your religion to marry in Syria), so I can show documents showing that. We don't have sworn affidavits (I think there might be some legal trickyness to having them done in Syria, then sent to Canada?) but I do have other ways to show that we visit his family often, and his mother approves of the marriage.

Thanks so much for the advice!