06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Dear Adam,

Don’t be disheartened. You made the right efforts to communicate what you did at your work.
From what I see, you have delved too much into the technical aspects. What you need to concentrate, is showcasing your ability to train, coach and led a team of trainers.
If you browse through 4131 category, the duties are enlisted. You may use the same as subtitles and categorize what you do under each title. Don’t write a lot, keep your job description brief.
Ex : Prepare and Develop Course content – under this include, CISCO technologies and add some more generic trainings like management.
Write a few things, where we you have coordinated with management and facilitated trainings.
Give it another shot, and I would like to suggest that you pay close attention to language structure.

If you can elist your details well, you can a approval from CIC Nova Scotia, within a month. But dont forget mention you had applied ealier, and what the reason for rejection was. If you can prepare by May 20, you will surely get a reply from CIC within a month. Note: Only rejections take long . But if they find your application apt and suited for the category, you will get a reply within a month.

All the best.

Try following this guideline. :

• Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects Deliver Cisco courses to students using PowerPoint presentation style of lecturing - providing key concepts in networking fundamentals like subnetting, explaining in depth the theory of routing basics like EIGRP and OSPF routing protocols, teaching switching concepts like VLANS and trunking, teaching advanced Network Security courses like firewall, and give training on Enterprise level Network Management System (NMS) like CiscoWorks

• Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
• Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress Work with the team lead for course quality improvement – conduct course evaluation towards the end of each course and try to improve on the weak points the evaluation shows
• Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
• Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
• Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training Carryout afternoon hands-on lab sessions for the students – supervising the students while they are doing their lab tasks and solving the problems they encounter
Supervise teaching assistants
• May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations Provide consultancy support for customers or other companies – help the customers to solve the issues they face in their network infrastructure
• May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
• These instructors specialize in particular fields or areas of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology, policing, computer software, management and early childhood education. Specialize in those main areas of Computer Networking: Routing & Switching, Service Provider, Network Management, and newly in Network Security

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
adam711 said:
hi guys

after 84 days of waiting for an email from CIO, i finally received it ... but it turned out to be a veryyyyyy big disappointment :(

i got this :

"the main duties that you have listed do not indicate that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties. As such, I am not satisfied that your experience corresponds to NOC 4131- College and Other Vocational Instructors."

well.... here what i do in my job:

I am an instructor at Fast Lane .. this company is a CLSP (Cisco Learning System Partner).. for anyone who dont know Cisco, Cisco is the biggest networking hadware vendor... its like Microsoft for software.. and they do have courses, exams, certificates...etc

so basically what we do in our company, we train people networking skills in order to get Cisco certificates (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP...etc)

our company is a global partner for cisco, we conduct courses in more than 40 countries (flane.com)

so what i basically do... full time conduct courses... from 9 to 5... i teach theory from 9 to 1.. then resume after lunch break with lab exercises ... some weeks i do preparing for new courses... thats it.. but my main main duty is teaching or training or instructing or delivering courses whatever u want to call it !!!

here what i wrote in my application:

From 2009 02
To 2010 02
Occupation Network Instructor
NOC 4131

Main duties

• Deliver Cisco courses to students using PowerPoint presentation style of lecturing - providing key concepts in networking fundamentals like subnetting, explaining in depth the theory of routing basics like EIGRP and OSPF routing protocols, teaching switching concepts like VLANS and trunking, teaching advanced Network Security courses like firewall, and give training on Enterprise level Network Management System (NMS) like CiscoWorks
• Carryout afternoon hands-on lab sessions for the students – supervising the students while they are doing their lab tasks and solving the problems they encounter
• Guide students into how to approach Cisco hierarchical certification scheme (Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert, and Architect) in terms of courses to take and exams to clear in order to fulfill their current/future career needs
• Work with the team lead for course quality improvement – conduct course evaluation towards the end of each course and try to improve on the weak points the evaluation shows
• Specialize in those main areas of Computer Networking: Routing & Switching, Service Provider, Network Management, and newly in Network Security
• Provide consultancy support for customers or other companies – help the customers to solve the issues they face in their network infrastructure.

well... sorry to say that... but i am not convinced how they are saying i didnt perform substential amount of main duties listed in the NOC..

Seniors please help.. am fed up with Canada.. i am trying with this immigration system since 2004 and seems i am having the worst luck on EARTH!!!!!!!.... i am seriously thinking now to go to Australia cause really i am tired and sick of this :((((((((
Oh Adam I have just read your post thread and got shock. Really sad to hear this. Sorry Bro.

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
micuza2004 said:
adam, i'm so sorry.... :-[, will you send again your application?
well... i think so.. i wont loose hope

i am waiting for my 2 sisters' AOR.. i want to know whither they gonna get accepted or rejected...

they also applied under noc 4131 as well...

lets see

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
punjabi said:
i understant your feeling

but i did no understand why are you put network instructor
i think in my next app. i will choose a title which is matching the ones listed in NOC 4131... maybe this will make a difference

lets see

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
matlal said:
Dear Adam,

Don't be disheartened. You made the right efforts to communicate what you did at your work.
From what I see, you have delved too much into the technical aspects. What you need to concentrate, is showcasing your ability to train, coach and led a team of trainers.
If you browse through 4131 category, the duties are enlisted. You may use the same as subtitles and categorize what you do under each title. Don't write a lot, keep your job description brief.
Ex : Prepare and Develop Course content – under this include, CISCO technologies and add some more generic trainings like management.
Write a few things, where we you have coordinated with management and facilitated trainings.
Give it another shot, and I would like to suggest that you pay close attention to language structure.

If you can elist your details well, you can a approval from CIC Nova Scotia, within a month. But dont forget mention you had applied ealier, and what the reason for rejection was. If you can prepare by May 20, you will surely get a reply from CIC within a month. Note: Only rejections take long . But if they find your application apt and suited for the category, you will get a reply within a month.

All the best.

Try following this guideline. :

• Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects Deliver Cisco courses to students using PowerPoint presentation style of lecturing - providing key concepts in networking fundamentals like subnetting, explaining in depth the theory of routing basics like EIGRP and OSPF routing protocols, teaching switching concepts like VLANS and trunking, teaching advanced Network Security courses like firewall, and give training on Enterprise level Network Management System (NMS) like CiscoWorks

• Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
• Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress Work with the team lead for course quality improvement – conduct course evaluation towards the end of each course and try to improve on the weak points the evaluation shows
• Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
• Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
• Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training Carryout afternoon hands-on lab sessions for the students – supervising the students while they are doing their lab tasks and solving the problems they encounter
Supervise teaching assistants
• May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations Provide consultancy support for customers or other companies – help the customers to solve the issues they face in their network infrastructure
• May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
• These instructors specialize in particular fields or areas of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology, policing, computer software, management and early childhood education. Specialize in those main areas of Computer Networking: Routing & Switching, Service Provider, Network Management, and newly in Network Security

hey Matlal... thanks a lot for ur efforts...

1. for the level of details:

check this post of mine... specially the reply from jnathan
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-my-application-returned-back-mistake-t33604.0.html;msg210972#msg210972

2. my main duties matching 60% with the main duties listed in the NOC, the things that are not matching are:

-creating/grading exams ( i dont examine my students, they are examined solely by cisco)
-develop curriculum and creating teaching materials (we get the books/power point presentations ready from cisco, they are developed by cisco)
-supervise TA (teaching assistants).. i dont do that.. am not a team leader..
-Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions... if this means to help someone alone.. no i dont do that

so .. there are 10 points there.. i match against 6 of them..4 non matching... but the problem is.. 2 out of these non matching are the 2nd and 3rd points ... which is creating exams + creating materials

seniors please help

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hi Adam,

The link you pasted in your last post, DeepakBabbar Star Member has very clearly stated what you should mention.

Yes you need to include an attached sheet and enlist all your duties, categorizing them along the framework as reflected in 4131 category.

Dont worry about meeting all the 8 or 10 requirements, that is not necessary. All they want to know, are you a trainer, if yes, do your responsibilities to substantiate trainer roles and duties.

As of administering test - YES, you do this. You woudn't allow your trainees to attempt CISCO exams, without a trial. You are instumental in preparing quizes, tests and various exams at each stage.

As of development is concerned - you dont develop - but you can customize so to cater to the audience level - by doing so, you are not going against CISCO policy.

Supervise - Maybe you are an indvidual contributor - in which case, you are involved in training need analysis, upskilling engineers/staff, for which you need an evaluation method. Before you initiate training, you need to understand where your trainees stand on their existing knowledge : i.e. -creating/grading exams ( i dont examine my students, they are examined solely by cisco) .

You are also a team player - coordinating with various department heads and gearing up staff to meet organization requirements.

Please read thru the duties again, before attempting a draft of your duties. Dont be too engrossed with CISCO tehcnologies - you need to think like a trainer and not a facilitator. 4131 is for trainers and not facilitators.

Prepare a draft and lets see how it looks.

All the best !!

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
matlal said:
Hi Adam,

The link you pasted in your last post, DeepakBabbar Star Member has very clearly stated what you should mention.

Yes you need to include an attached sheet and enlist all your duties, categorizing them along the framework as reflected in 4131 category.

Dont worry about meeting all the 8 or 10 requirements, that is not necessary. All they want to know, are you a trainer, if yes, do your responsibilities to substantiate trainer roles and duties.

As of administering test - YES, you do this. You woudn't allow your trainees to attempt CISCO exams, without a trial. You are instumental in preparing quizes, tests and various exams at each stage.

As of development is concerned - you dont develop - but you can customize so to cater to the audience level - by doing so, you are not going against CISCO policy.

Supervise - Maybe you are an indvidual contributor - in which case, you are involved in training need analysis, upskilling engineers/staff, for which you need an evaluation method. Before you initiate training, you need to understand where your trainees stand on their existing knowledge : i.e. -creating/grading exams ( i dont examine my students, they are examined solely by cisco) .

You are also a team player - coordinating with various department heads and gearing up staff to meet organization requirements.

Please read thru the duties again, before attempting a draft of your duties. Dont be too engrossed with CISCO tehcnologies - you need to think like a trainer and not a facilitator. 4131 is for trainers and not facilitators.

Prepare a draft and lets see how it looks.

All the best !!
i will prepar a draft .. keep tuned

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hi adam, i am so sorry to hear about this. but listen, there's nothing like network instructor does not fall under 4131 and only computer trainer falls. i believe a trainer who is performing the substantial number of duties as per 4131 should be able to apply. titles dont matter. its the job duties that matters. dont loose heart. keep trying.

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U will give the brief discreption of you Occupation not for product level.
Not going to brief deep dive . no need to mention the product detail like cisco , microsoft ......(which you teach)

hicham437

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
learn some French and apply to Quebec, then move wherever you want. They denied mine also because of my occupation as a teacher in a technical school. Didn't comvince them. Then I applied throught Quebec, got Visa this week.
Good Luck

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are Clearly mentionTechnical Occupation in College level school , not a school level.

This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools.

This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses.

College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Hicham,

from ur name i guess u r Moroccan if i am not mistaken

well.. up to which level shall i learn french .. and is it obligatory .....

hicham437

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Yes it is. At least the basics, if you can show some evidence of a course or two that will be awesome. They'll probably call you for an interview. They waived my interview because a French teacher.
Good Luck