+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REJECTED for no Apparent reason?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i do have my letter of acceptance as well as an offer letter
So if the Canadian univeristy has given you an letter of acceptance/offer letter then apply for a study permit. You will need to show ties to your home country and some of your own funds (usually a minimum of $10k). The issue you may encounter if you get a study permit is because you are a visiting student, your permit may state not allowed to work on or off campus. If your permit says this, then you will not be able to get a SIN card.

FBFB

Oct 28, 2022
Yeah so I did all that, my ties are pretty easy since all my life is there and I got a flight ticket back, but what i got was a rejection since I am not allowed to apply from within Canada... Can I do something against that refusal since I think I should be allowed

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah so I did all that, my ties are pretty easy since all my life is there and I got a flight ticket back, but what i got was a rejection since I am not allowed to apply from within Canada... Can I do something against that refusal since I think I should be allowed
So your study permit already was rejected? What were the reasons for refusal? If says not allowed to apply from within Canada then apply again online and select outside Canada. If you think you were wrongly refused then you can send a webform and ask for reconsideration but that may take as long as reapplying.

FBFB

Oct 28, 2022
So your study permit already was rejected? What were the reasons for refusal? If says not allowed to apply from within Canada then apply again online and select outside Canada. If you think you were wrongly refused then you can send a webform and ask for reconsideration but that may take as long as reapplying.
Yes, ok, I was worried they'd ask me to go to the embassy in Germany if I do that, and do I have to pay the 235 dollar fees again ?

FBFB

Oct 28, 2022
It is a new application so yes you pay again. Processing may be about 14 weeks.
thanks for the insights and advice I don't think I will reapply since 14 weeks is way to long and I don't see my self wasting more money on it since I still think I should be allowed to apply from within

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello I got refusal for same reason
Anyone replied again and succeeded?
Responding to a post from 2015. So you are in Canada and applied for a study permit and it was refused? What were reasons for refusal? What is your profile as well as school/program? Order GCMS notes.

destinyfate

Feb 4, 2017
hey yes I got refused for the reason
You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country

I am a visitor in canada and applied for study permit My IELTS score was also fine and had an offer letter for jan intake
How many days it takes to get GCMS notes? Can You please advise? There are some any other formalities have to do now defer application and get new offer letter
My case was genuine I even applied for my related course in which I work

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country

I am a visitor in canada and applied for study permit My IELTS score was also fine and had an offer letter for jan intake
How many days it takes to get GCMS notes? Can You please advise? There are some any other formalities have to do now defer application and get new offer letter
You cannot apply inland if you are in Canada on a TRV. You apply as if you are outside Canada. So your visa is processed from the visa office from home country. So you were rightly refused. Since you are a genuine student, you reapply as outland. Show funds, pay tuition, ties to home country, and career/education advancment with better paying job when you return to justify costs.

Last edited:

avesh1992

Jul 19, 2013

I am in the same boat as well. Applied for my sister's Visa from within Canada and received refusal with same reason. I've send you DM if you wan to discuss further.