+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reissue of Passport [ Tatkaal passport] HELP!

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
I have an appointment at the Passport office on the 6th of August for a reissue of passport as it is about to expire on 26th October 2015 and my application to CIC is due 15th Sep [ I received ITA on 14th July].

Does anyone know the following
1. How long does it take for a Tatkaal passport to be mailed to you?
2. Can i submit proof of application for new passport on my form if I don't receive the new passport before my 60 day deadline?

Please help.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
yogigal said:
I have an appointment at the Passport office on the 6th of August for a reissue of passport as it is about to expire on 26th October 2015 and my application to CIC is due 15th Sep [ I received ITA on 14th July].

2. Can i submit proof of application for new passport on my form if I don't receive the new passport before my 60 day deadline?

Please help.
tatkal passport application wont take much time. I renewed my Indian passport while i am in Canada, using the regular method, and it took only 15 days.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
yogigal said:

Please help.
With Tatkal, it requires three working days - that's it.
Second, submitting proof of new passport application will not be harm in such a case.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
karenn1617 said:
With Tatkal, it requires three working days - that's it.
Second, submitting proof of new passport application will not be harm in such a case.
Thanks for your quick response. How soon does it get mailed to you, if you are aware of the timeline?

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey, ur Tatkal passport will be mailed to u the same day, and it will reach you within 2-3 days. I just did the same in July. Appointment was on 20th July, had the passport in my hands on 23rd.

I had also requested the change of address.

Just make sure you take all your documents when you go for appointment, they do a lot of checks in case of Tatkal passports.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
yogigal said:
Thanks for your quick response. How soon does it get mailed to you, if you are aware of the timeline?
In my case it was mailed (sent by registered post) the very next day after the appointment at the Passport office and it reached my home in a couple of days. But please not this was the case in New Delhi (and I had gone to the main PSK in Bikaji Cama Place), timelines might be slightly different in other places I am not sure. Also the Police verification happened post-issuance of passport that saved more time.

Main thing is getting the appointment slot..once that happens it doesn't take much time provided all your papers are in place.

ashwinmkumar

Jan 29, 2015
Tatkal passport is quick and painless. I got my passport in 4 days including mailing time. Should not be a problem. Like someone else mentioned, don't give them a reason to send you back. Take all the documents that you possible can to make your case.

In my case, I also wrote to the CIC and requested an extension just in case. With a genuine reason like passport renewal, they granted me a 30 day extension. I dint need it though!

FYI, my application was through CEC and not express entry, not that it matters in this case!

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Ok all these scenarios are great and make me feel hopeful that I will be able to make it in time.

Did you have to send a physical mail to CIC or is there an email that you sent? Sorry I might be asking a very basic question, I'll try to find this answer on the CIC website.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
yogigal said:

Please help.
If you want to go with tatkaal go ahead.
Just to let you know that you only have to provide the scanned format of your passport. As you just received the ITA a couple week ago. You can go ahead and upload your current passport. They will need your passport at the time of PPR which will be probably 4-5 months from now.

You can always send a letter of explanation that you will provide them with the new passport as soon as you get it.

But if you can get it done with tatkaal it's even better.

Good luck with you application

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
manidhatt said:
If you want to go with tatkaal go ahead.
Just to let you know that you only have to provide the scanned format of your passport. As you just received the ITA a couple week ago. You can go ahead and upload your current passport. They will need your passport at the time of PPR which will be probably 4-5 months from now.

You can always send a letter of explanation that you will provide them with the new passport as soon as you get it.

But if you can get it done with tatkaal it's even better.

Good luck with you application
Brilliant , thanks for this information. Yes i have until 13th Sep to submit the app whereas the appointment for Tatkal is on 6th August. I am uploading my current passport with the current PCC for now and will add the receipt of application for new passport.

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Since you have already received encouraging replies, I don't know if mine would help,
but my wife had an appointment on July 6, and she had her new passport on 8th morning.

With Tatkal, they print your passport right away, and if it's a re-issue, police verification, ECR etc. is not required.
You can also pay Rs.35 extra to receive regular SMS about the current status, but with Tatkal, it's not that necessary.

Good luck :)

ashwinmkumar

Jan 29, 2015
yogigal said:
Ok all these scenarios are great and make me feel hopeful that I will be able to make it in time.

Did you have to send a physical mail to CIC or is there an email that you sent? Sorry I might be asking a very basic question, I'll try to find this answer on the CIC website.
I just en email. The email ID should be on the emails that you receive from the CIC.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
ashwinmkumar said:
I just en email. The email ID should be on the emails that you receive from the CIC.
Thanks that sounds great

Binu27

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
tatkal passport application wont take much time. I renewed my Indian passport while i am in Canada, using the regular method, and it took only 15 days.
Could you please give a brief note on how can I apply for re issue of passport from Canada pls