+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rehabilitation submitted with Work Permit and TRP extension all for PR

pjpatel

Apr 18, 2009
Hi All,

Need some advice on what is going on with my application and if anyone had similar experiences.

Background DUI charge in the UK Jul 2006, married a Canadian in 2009 Nov....realised after that I was inadmissible when I was offered a job and my initial WP was rejected in Dec 2009. Used a lawyer and managed to get the WP and TRP in June 2010, which was valid till Sept 2011, got a job extension and subsequently applied for Rehabilitation/TRP/WP in Sept 2011. I have received a letter in Jan 2012 giving me money back for the TRP application but haven't heard anything on my WP or rehabilitation. The letter also stated it was being sent to St. Clair for processing (anyone know of the time frames from this point). I was initially told it would be resolved by Jan 2012 by CIC. Currently in limbo with other employers not willing to take me on because of the lack of PR.

My wife and I are getting concerned that it might take longer than the period that my extension I was given (June 2012). Though my boss has written an extension till June 2013 (he's gone away for a few months) but I have one signed for Feb stating the extension.

I've read and heard that they reject third WP application and expect people to apply for PR after 2 years in the country is this correct? Could I apply for another extension while the rehabilitation and original WP extension are still in process? I know that if I leave the country I would lose the assumed status but are there special circumstances they would overlook this on my return. I have a very sick grandfather and a family wedding in July I was hoping to fly to do both at one time though the former may require me to leave earlier.

any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
PJ

Reni84

Jan 23, 2013
If there is any chance to still read this forum, can you please tell me some update on your case? Did they came back to you?
I was told similarly that my application will be processed soon but they didn't get back to me yet and it makes my employment situation though.

Adona

Jan 31, 2013
Reni84 said:
If there is any chance to still read this forum, can you please tell me some update on your case? Did they came back to you?
I was told similarly that my application will be processed soon but they didn't get back to me yet and it makes my employment situation though.
Rehab pplications can take over a year to process.

pjpatel

Apr 18, 2009
Hi Just in case anyone wants further information.

I was given a WP extension in Feb 2012. Initially it was for 1 year and closed, however, speaking with the officer. (I had to go in to the office has my passport picture was missing) he gave me 2 years and open.

He rejected my rehabilitation application has it cannot be given as part of my WP renewal or TRP. He actually gave me a TRP as well which was strange. I'm currently in another bind with my WP and PR application but that's another email chain.