+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regugees claim need urgent help

hira786

Feb 26, 2018
hi,I am 29 years old having a 3 months old baby.i had been living in Hong Kong and married to a Pakistani guy because of him i embraced Islam. He left me after birth of my baby and i had to go back to my home country i.e. Philippine but my parents did not accept me and threatened me .they want me to leave Islam .Because of this I came to Canada. I was invited by my ex-brother in law during last year but at that time i did not come.now i want to apply for asylum as i did not go back to my home country .Also i do not want to make any contact with my ex husband.So if i will apply for asylum,does it will have any affect on my brother-in-law status. will immigration officer also call him or not?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi,I am 29 years old having a 3 months old baby.i had been living in Hong Kong and married to a Pakistani guy because of him i embraced Islam. He left me after birth of my baby and i had to go back to my home country i.e. Philippine but my parents did not accept me and threatened me .they want me to leave Islam .Because of this I came to Canada. I was invited by my ex-brother in law during last year but at that time i did not come.now i want to apply for asylum as i did not go back to my home country .Also i do not want to make any contact with my ex husband.So if i will apply for asylum,does it will have any affect on my brother-in-law status. will immigration officer also call him or not?
This doesn't sound like a strong asylum claim.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed.

Are you currently in Canada? Do you have a TRV? What would be your grounds for asylum? You can expect CBSA and IRCC to make contact with your relatives in Canada either when you claim asylum or during processing.

hira786

Feb 26, 2018
yes i am in canada on TRV. I want to apply for asylum on religion basis.My family in philippine threatened me to death.dont u think its a strong claim.
Also my brother in law has no contact with me.he is a brother of my ex husband thats why i dont want him to be involve in this situation.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Do you have documented proof? Police reports about the death threat, did you attempt to relocate? If your brother in law provided an invitation previously, it is quite possible they will contact him.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just one police report will not be enough. You have to prove not only that you are threatened but also that your own country cannot help you.
It seems that official statement of Philippines is that there is a freedom of religion.
On the top, there is an important muslim community there (with some areas having muslim majority).
It will be very difficult for you to prove that your country cannot protect you.
Did you try to move within the country (for example in the areas closer to your community)?
What steps did you do in order to stop this problem (contacting police, putting down your complaints or requesting help of it).

That you presented so far seems to be a family matter which is way not enough.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree that this is a family matter. Did you try and relocate in the Philippines? There is an established muslim community where you could have settled. If you are currently on bad terms with your brother-in-law how are you supporting yourself in Canada?