+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Registered Nurse

vinay17

Jan 17, 2018
Hi all,

i have done my masters in nursing and now i am in express entry pool. my question is how long does it takes to get registered as nurse and work in canada?
what exams do i need to write?
does it mandatory to have IELTS academic 7 for LPN or RPN?
as i knew that for RN we must write NClex-RN. and what about LPN and RPN?

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

i have done my masters in nursing and now i am in express entry pool. my question is how long does it takes to get registered as nurse and work in canada?
what exams do i need to write?
does it mandatory to have IELTS academic 7 for LPN or RPN?
as i knew that for RN we must write NClex-RN. and what about LPN and RPN?
You’ll find valuable information in this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/national-nursing-assessment-centre-nnas.256901/

mikey8954

Jul 16, 2016
For me it took about 13 months from applying to NNAS to being granted a license.
NNAS took 6 months from registering an application to getting a report (it took me about 2 months to get them to acknowledge all of my documents)
The NNAS send a report to your nominated province licensing body and then you apply to them. They do more checks on your experience and qualifications and then they decide if you are eligible to write the NCLEX-RN or if you need further schooling or need to also do a practical exam. I was lucky, it took 3 months for CRNNS to decide I could just go ahead and sit the NCLEX. Some provinces are taking 18 months to make a decision from what friends have told me and some provinces have a mandatory practical exam.
It then took another 3 months to get an NCLEX exam date, write the test and pass it.
The final month was CRNNS verifying my police checks, doing their jurisprudence exam and then being issued my license.
I was constantly on the phone and writing emails to every agency pushing them to meet their own timescales and checking progress. You have to be very proactive to get this done in a reasonable

bhavin_55

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
My wife passed the NCLEX-RN way back in March 2007 when I was planning for US and registered as RN for New Mexico board of nursing. However not succeeded and then started for Canada immigration. Now we have PR and would like to apply for RN for my wife for Nova Scotia state. Shall we use the same exam for this all need to appear again. As per their guide no need to appear if you have passed it after 1982. But still want to get the opinion for group here if anyone have same experience or situation.

Ebs68

Oct 24, 2015
Hi good night. I am registered nurse looking to migrate to Canada and I just saw this thread. Could anyine here who has applied to express entry give me some feedback?
1. Do I need to do the nursing license exam before I try to get into the pool?
2. How long does the process take?

Ebs68

Oct 24, 2015
For me it took about 13 months from applying to NNAS to being granted a license.
NNAS took 6 months from registering an application to getting a report (it took me about 2 months to get them to acknowledge all of my documents)
The NNAS send a report to your nominated province licensing body and then you apply to them. They do more checks on your experience and qualifications and then they decide if you are eligible to write the NCLEX-RN or if you need further schooling or need to also do a practical exam. I was lucky, it took 3 months for CRNNS to decide I could just go ahead and sit the NCLEX. Some provinces are taking 18 months to make a decision from what friends have told me and some provinces have a mandatory practical exam.
It then took another 3 months to get an NCLEX exam date, write the test and pass it.
The final month was CRNNS verifying my police checks, doing their jurisprudence exam and then being issued my license.
I was constantly on the phone and writing emails to every agency pushing them to meet their own timescales and checking progress. You have to be very proactive to get this done in a reasonable

Hi good night

Umarsaeed

Feb 19, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Congratulations!!!
Please do let me know,
1. How much the whole process cost you?
2. 13 Months you've spend after landing to Canada without job?
3. Is it possible to apply before landing to Canada?

Thank you!
Umar

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017

Hello there,

I was just wondering which country you completed your nursing school?
Because apparently, a lot of applicants from the Philippines (like myself) have themselves assessed for both RPN and RN which I think is very costly. Not only do we get assessed by NNAS for both but also by the province we are applying for.

And I would like to ask if there is any bearing to my RN application the fact that I entered Canada through Express Entry.

I would appreciate your response...

Thanks a lot

Mar 3, 2019
Hello guys,
I just started my journey to Canada with lot of confusions.
If I did my EE profile with WES,I have to do NNAS before my arrival?
Anybody know about Nurses EE profile creation with ECA by NNAS?
I can do the nursing license exam before I try to get into the pool?
This ECA by WES is mandatory for everyone?So many questionmarks..sorry

I would appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Sarika,Dubai ,UAE
000971 523079201(Add me to Nurses Whats up group)

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Hello guys,
I just started my journey to Canada with lot of confusions.
If I did my EE profile with WES,I have to do NNAS before my arrival?
Anybody know about Nurses EE profile creation with ECA by NNAS?
I can do the nursing license exam before I try to get into the pool?
This ECA by WES is mandatory for everyone?So many questionmarks..sorry

I would appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Sarika,Dubai ,UAE
000971 523079201(Add me to Nurses Whats up group)

Creating EE profile has nothing to do with NNAS. You need ECA and GT IELTS before you can create express entry profile. If your score is high, like 450+ you can get a federal ITA even without nursing license in Canada. It is practical if you do your NNAS outside Canada before landing so you can fix all needed papers NNAS needed..

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019

Hi..are you already in Nova Scotia? So have you already find a nursing job there? How was the pay in Nova Scotia and by the way how did you migrate to Canada, is it through PNP or Federal Express entry..

Cee35

Oct 24, 2015
Hello there,

I was just wondering which country you completed your nursing school?
Because apparently, a lot of applicants from the Philippines (like myself) have themselves assessed for both RPN and RN which I think is very costly. Not only do we get assessed by NNAS for both but also by the province we are applying for.

And I would like to ask if there is any bearing to my RN application the fact that I entered Canada through Express Entry.

I would appreciate your response...

Thanks a lot
Hi. What step did you take for immigration? Did you apply for Express entry and when you get to Canada apply for a license?