+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

registered nurse applying for FSWP but WES evaluation says NURSING ASSISTANT

almaria3

Apr 27, 2016
Willow05 said:
Hi all.. I am new to this forum.

I just got my WES evaluation report today.

I am a registered nurse in the Philippines with 4 years experience. I know i can get 19 points for my education as "2-year diploma post secondary education" equivalent in canada. My problem is, the report says "Major/specialization: NURSING ASSISTANT" where, in fact, I am a REGISTERED NURSE. I am applying for the NOC-registered nurse for fswp 2014. Will this disqualify me?

I have an aunt in canada who got her visa through fsw program back in 2009 as a registered nurse. Back then, CIC do not require an ECA so she got in.. But if they do, I believe she and many other fellow nurses will have a similar WES evaluation result.

To become a nurse in the Philippines, we only need 6 years elementary education + 4 years secondary education + 4 years bachelor's degree education. Total: 14 years

I hope this will not disqualify me in the fswp. Any advice?

WES report as follows:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1 Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2008
Awarded by: (Name of school deleted)
Institution Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Completion of ten years of primary and secondary education
Length of program: Four years
Major/Specialization: Nursing Assistant
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of secondary school education and Diploma (two years)

Anybody could shed light? Thank you so much!
Ms. Willow i want to ask if it's ok to apply in noc 3233 even if I dont have an experience as lpn because my evaluation from wes also came out as nursing assistant/diploma. I am thinking of applying as lpn instead of rn because of my equivalency. I hope you could help me out! Thanks

Willow05

May 31, 2014
Davao city
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
13-03-15
AOR Received.
PER: 28-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-03-2015 (ECAS 2nd line says 10-03-15)
Med's Done....
20-03-15 (MR sent: 26-03-15) ; (ECAS 3rd line 04-04-15)
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
13-04-2015; (ECAS 4th line Decision Made: 30-04-15)
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2015 THANK YOU LORD!
LANDED..........
24-06-2015
almaria3 said:
Ms. Willow i want to ask if it's ok to apply in noc 3233 even if I dont have an experience as lpn because my evaluation from wes also came out as nursing assistant/diploma. I am thinking of applying as lpn instead of rn because of my equivalency. I hope you could help me out! Thanks
I used NOC 3233 and i am now in Canada. So, i guess it's okay; but that was fswp 2014.. Express entry na ngauon dba? Di ko msyado alam ang process ng express entry so what worked for me might or might not work for you.

Pero i am a nurse in pinas and i used the lpn noc. Hope this helps.

wengertzz

Feb 9, 2014
Hi sana may mag update po.. I am a nurse in pinas with more than 2,yrs experience. Since i can't qualified for RN i am thinking about LPN. Pero pano po kng yung COE ko is a nurse. Will this affect my application? Secondly what kind of visa to apply FSW or TWP. I don't have an employer yet.pls enlighten me.thank.

Willow05

May 31, 2014
Davao city
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
13-03-15
AOR Received.
PER: 28-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-03-2015 (ECAS 2nd line says 10-03-15)
Med's Done....
20-03-15 (MR sent: 26-03-15) ; (ECAS 3rd line 04-04-15)
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
13-04-2015; (ECAS 4th line Decision Made: 30-04-15)
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2015 THANK YOU LORD!
LANDED..........
24-06-2015
wengertzz said:
Hi sana may mag update po.. I am a nurse in pinas with more than 2,yrs experience. Since i can't qualified for RN i am thinking about LPN. Pero pano po kng yung COE ko is a nurse. Will this affect my application? Secondly what kind of visa to apply FSW or TWP. I don't have an employer yet.pls enlighten me.thank.
My COE also says i'm a nurse pero ang NOC ko is LPN

Crystaldei

Aug 15, 2016
Hello, newbie here. My aunt is in Alberta and she wanted me to go there thru' FSW. I'm currently working on my ECA thru' WES. I know LPN din ang bagsak ko like others, with 2yrs experience and about to take my IELTS this October. I've read a lot about Immigration to Canada like blogs and forums until I went to this page and decided to join as well hoping that you guys out there can help me out.

I'm still here in KSA but my contract is already finish since Aug 07,2016.. This is just an extension of work. I'll go home (exit) this last week of September.
My question is, what are the papers or any documents that I have to request from my employer to be used in my application in Canada before I go home to Ph?

Thank you so much and this thread is really helpful. Hope you can shed some infos and be our inspiration.

kurztie

Jul 24, 2017
Hi I am a newbie here. Same with you I wanted to go to Canada to settle. I am a nursing graduate and not a licensed nurse also. My only job experience is purely in administrative field. I am planning to send my school credentials to WES by the end of the month. Will I be able to get NOC not related to nursing but in admin only? Hope somebody can help me out here. Thank you!

Gracierydz

Feb 7, 2018
Hi i am newbie here.. I've just read all comments regarding this query would you mind if ill just ask for an update about your applications? Im still goingbto have me nd my husband credential be assessed by WES i am thinking what if same also this query.. Thanks

Fibifibz

Nov 19, 2018
Hello. I am a Registered Nurse from the Philippines. I'm trying to start my application for WES verification. I'm not sure if I have to include my Secondary Education credentials in my verification. I'm also not sure what to write on the Field of Study section. Also, in the degree, "Supplemental" has been placed after the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Will it have any bearing if I just type in BSN as it is? Hope you can help me with this. Thank you very much.