+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regina or Saskatoon - which city is good for IT professional?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Neither areknkwn for their IT jobs. As already specified don’t commit to any form of longterm housing until you secured a job and apply in both cities.
I agree and disagree.. Not everyone should, could, move to Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec. I am sure Regina and Saskatoon need IT guys as much as the rest of the country, maybe even more since everyone is attracted to the big cities and the rest misses out on qualified people.

But what do I know these days...living in PEI, working 2 days per week in my field of expertise having sold my house in Vancouver two years ago ;)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree and disagree.. Not everyone should, could, move to Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec. I am sure Regina and Saskatoon need IT guys as much as the rest of the country, maybe even more since everyone is attracted to the big cities and the rest misses out on qualified people.

But what do I know these days...living in PEI, working 2 days per week in my field of expertise having sold my house in Vancouver two years ago ;)
Never suggested they had to move to a larger city. Neither Saskatoon or Regina are tech centres so similar job prospects in both cities. Anyone moving to Canada should keep their options open and not sign a longterm lease until they have secured a job (not just survival job).

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never suggested they had to move to a larger city. Neither Saskatoon or Regina are tech centres so similar job prospects in both cities. Anyone moving to Canada should keep their options open and not sign a longterm lease until they have secured a job (not just survival job).
But many full-time students and their cosigners sign longterm lease. Don't see anything wrong with that.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

How is life in PEI? Are there tech jobs?

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
The situation that I foresee is - people moving to SK because they got nomination from that province (like me - I could easily have got into EE directly, had I planned my immigration at the right age). But personal and family obligations delayed me a lot and I ended up with PNP option only. That being said, this province is primarily an agri and mining industry center. It is quite unsure how an IT person would survive. survival job is fine if you are single, but if you are moving with a family, you may only end up eating up your savings. This is a dangerous situation

Reactions: shipping

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The situation that I foresee is - people moving to SK because they got nomination from that province (like me - I could easily have got into EE directly, had I planned my immigration at the right age). But personal and family obligations delayed me a lot and I ended up with PNP option only. That being said, this province is primarily an agri and mining industry center. It is quite unsure how an IT person would survive. survival job is fine if you are single, but if you are moving with a family, you may only end up eating up your savings. This is a dangerous situation
There are IT jobs everywhere so IT professionals aren’t likely to have to take a survival job. The type of IT jobs and the number of IT jobs available are different than hubs for IT like Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Kitchener/Waterloo.

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
Regina is 2 hours away from Us border and Minot air port...any more weighted than Saskatoon, in general buddies?