StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neeti_hasija said:
Can you please help me to know if below can be valid as proof of funds

1. SBI PPF , more than 5 years old
2. NSC ( National Savings Certificate )
For PPF, there is a lock-in period of 15 years and the money can be withdrawn in whole after its maturity period. However, pre-mature withdrawals can be made from the end of the sixth financial year from when the commenced. The maximum amount that can be withdrawn pre-maturely is equal to 50% of the amount that stood in the account at the end of 4th year preceding the year in which the amount is withdrawn or the end of the preceding year whichever is lower. You will have to ask your bank to mention the withdrawal amount of your PPF in the certificate they issue.

neeti_hasija

Jan 21, 2016
Hi ,

I checked with my friend who moved to CANADA mid last year. She is not sure of NSC as it is not renowned term like Fixed Deposit.

My husband will be the main applicant and i as dependent.Can we show his Employee PF which is 3 years old.If yes, then any document to be attached ?

Can i show my fixed deposit amount . we have marriage certificate and my name added in his passport in SPOUSE details.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
neeti_hasija said:
Hi ,

I checked with my friend who moved to CANADA mid last year. She is not sure of NSC as it is not renowned term like Fixed Deposit.

My husband will be the main applicant and i as dependent.Can we show his Employee PF which is 3 years old.If yes, then any document to be attached ?

Can i show my fixed deposit amount . we have marriage certificate and my name added in his passport in SPOUSE details.
NSC, I don't think can be included as part of PoF but FD Yes, a bank statement on FD should be enough.

PF also you can show downloaded pass book from UAN site & with UAN card. Attache a self declaration that the funds in PF is for family purpose and can be utilized for immigration funds.

Hope this helps!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
neeti_hasija said:
yes ,definitely this will help...

Can i show my EPF also with him as we may fall short of 1 lakh amount
I guess so...

If you are touch and go on the limits, please do check the updated (latest) PoF requirements on CIC website and also keep the tab on the exchange rate fluctuations...(Just a caution to avoid any inconvenience and/or rejection later)

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
StAnger said:
For PPF, there is a lock-in period of 15 years and the money can be withdrawn in whole after its maturity period. However, pre-mature withdrawals can be made from the end of the sixth financial year from when the commenced. The maximum amount that can be withdrawn pre-maturely is equal to 50% of the amount that stood in the account at the end of 4th year preceding the year in which the amount is withdrawn or the end of the preceding year whichever is lower. You will have to ask your bank to mention the withdrawal amount of your PPF in the certificate they issue.
+1 Thanks for sharing this information.