+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding working hours for an outstanding course

sam2110

Feb 16, 2022
Last fall I had one outstanding course so I called the IRCC and I was told that I can work for 24 hours as I'm a full-time student and I haven't choosed to be part-time because the situation made me to take one course. The only thing was that I forgot to take the written proof. Now this winter semester is my last semester and I have just one outstanding course currently. I have a question regarding how many hours can I work? As I have just one subject left, so can I work more than 24 hours or not??? I have also tried contacting IRCC but I'm not able to get in touch with them. Can anyone please help me!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Last fall I had one outstanding course so I called the IRCC and I was told that I can work for 24 hours as I'm a full-time student and I haven't choosed to be part-time because the situation made me to take one course. The only thing was that I forgot to take the written proof. Now this winter semester is my last semester and I have just one outstanding course currently. I have a question regarding how many hours can I work? As I have just one subject left, so can I work more than 24 hours or not??? I have also tried contacting IRCC but I'm not able to get in touch with them. Can anyone please help me!
You can only work 20 hours off campus, not 24 on a valid study permit.

Reactions: sam2110 and scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can only be part-Time in your last semester if you only have one class left to complete your degree. Last fall wasn’t your last semester. Have you done 2 part-time semesters in a row? Have you worked during both these semesters? You can never work more than 20 hours when studying except on scheduled breaks like summer if no summer session or Christmas holidays.

sam2110

Feb 16, 2022
You can only be part-Time in your last semester if you only have one class left to complete your degree. Last fall wasn’t your last semester. Have you done 2 part-time semesters in a row? Have you worked during both these semesters? You can never work more than 20 hours when studying except on scheduled breaks like summer if no summer session or Christmas holidays.
I worked as a Part-time student but the agent from ircc said the as I have an outstanding course, I'm not considered as a Part-time student and can work for 24 hours