+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding work permit

Tulika Bhullar

Jan 4, 2019
I am done with my studies in December, 2018. I am going to apply for post graduate work permit in January. I want to know can I work full time or part time until I apply for PGWP? Also I want to extend open work permit of my husband which will expire in the end of March. Can I able to apply mine and the extension of my husband’s work permit together because we have limited time. Moreover I do not want to take risk of working full time so I am doing part time because of that I will not able to get the paystubs of mine with the job letter of skilled work. I want to know that if I apply both together can we able to update my paystubs of skilled work after the submission of file to get extension of my husband’s open work permit ?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am done with my studies in December, 2018. I am going to apply for post graduate work permit in January. I want to know can I work full time or part time until I apply for PGWP? Also I want to extend open work permit of my husband which will expire in the end of March. Can I able to apply mine and the extension of my husband’s work permit together because we have limited time. Moreover I do not want to take risk of working full time so I am doing part time because of that I will not able to get the paystubs of mine with the job letter of skilled work. I want to know that if I apply both together can we able to update my paystubs of skilled work after the submission of file to get extension of my husband’s open work permit ?
Thanks
You can work part time until you apply for the PGWP.

You can extend your husband's work permit if you have a job that is NOC A, B or 0 skill level, have started working in that job and can provide three payslips with the application.

Tulika Bhullar

Jan 4, 2019
Thanks for the reply. But when I’ll apply for the work permit, I can upload job letter but I will not have paystubs at that time. Can I upload paystubs after the submission of file and prepare letter which says that I’ll upload the paystubs after I’ll get from my employer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply. But when I’ll apply for the work permit, I can upload job letter but I will not have paystubs at that time. Can I upload paystubs after the submission of file and prepare letter which says that I’ll upload the paystubs after I’ll get from my employer.
You don't need the payslips when you apply for the PGWP.

You need to include the payslips when you apply to extend your husband's OWP. They must be included with the original application.

Tulika Bhullar

Jan 4, 2019
But I am planning to submit the both files together because I do not have enough time to wait for my PGWP until I apply for my husband work permit because it will expire on 31 March. Now please tell me what should I do about paystubs as I’ll not able to submit with my husband work permit application but I can submit job letter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But I am planning to submit the both files together because I do not have enough time to wait for my PGWP until I apply for my husband work permit because it will expire on 31 March. Now please tell me what should I do about paystubs as I’ll not able to submit with my husband work permit application but I can submit job letter.
You need to include the pay slips with your husband's application. I would recommend that you apply for your PGWP first. Once you have a NOC A/B/0 job and can provide three pay slips, you can then apply to extend your husband's work permit.

Tulika Bhullar

Jan 4, 2019
Ok I’ll aplly mine first. Then I’ll wait for 3 paystubs. Can I able to apply for my husband after getting job letter and 3 paystubs? Or I have to wait until I get approval of my PGWP?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Ok I’ll aplly mine first. Then I’ll wait for 3 paystubs. Can I able to apply for my husband after getting job letter and 3 paystubs? Or I have to wait until I get approval of my PGWP?
You have to wait for your PGWP to be approved given from the time you apply until it is approved you are only on implied status pending a decision so you are not a holder of a work permit as stated in the guidelines.