+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding work experience for Nova Scotia Exprience: Express Entry

remchu123

Apr 16, 2021
In the detailed section of the guide

https://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSEEE-English.pdf

page 14, documents related to your work experience

You must show that you have the following:

at least 12 months of full-time paid work experience—30 hours per week for 12 months (1,560 hours)

OR

at least 24 months of part-time work experience—15 hours per week for 24 months (1,560 hours)

I am a a little confused, I have been working part time and I have already reached 1800 hours and it hasnt even been 2 years yet, maybe a year and a half. Am I qualified for this? It just shows that AT LEAST, so I qualify for this when I work there for 2 years or something?

Lex_Mantra

Apr 27, 2021
In the detailed section of the guide

https://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSEEE-English.pdf

page 14, documents related to your work experience

You must show that you have the following:

at least 12 months of full-time paid work experience—30 hours per week for 12 months (1,560 hours)

OR

at least 24 months of part-time work experience—15 hours per week for 24 months (1,560 hours)

I am a a little confused, I have been working part time and I have already reached 1800 hours and it hasnt even been 2 years yet, maybe a year and a half. Am I qualified for this? It just shows that AT LEAST, so I qualify for this when I work there for 2 years or something?
I applied with 12 months full-time work experience, mine hours were way more than 1560 but it doesn't matter as the requirement is at least 12 months.
So, in your case I believe you will have to complete 24 months of part-time work experience.
Contact Nova Scotia immigration office if you have further doubts.

Adrian Markus

Dec 30, 2017
Hi all,
I would like to understand about Nova Scotia express entry and PNP. If a person has one year experience in NS in NOC B and an IELTS score of 6.
How to go about it? and how does the selection work.

Please let me know.
Thank you