+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Validation of forms

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hi, we are in big problem. My wife visited Canada in Nov'18 and we thought to apply for her inland PR and OWP. we hired one immigration consultant- she filled our forms and validated to generate barcode.

But lately when she sent us other forms for sign off we realized there were few mistakes. Besides this wehn we aks her to share the other forms which she validated already she is not ready to share the copy. Atleast we should see if thsoe needs to be corrected as well. all our supporting documents are with us as she keeps on asking us new requiremnets daily. Now we have reached to a situation where we are not confident in her.

We have not submit our papers physically yet. So, can any expert advise us that if we can fill new forms from scratch and validate them ourselves and submit ourselves. we are afraid that her two forms validated shoudl not create problem and also she should also not create any problem in our application. PLs suggest- we are very stressed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, we are in big problem. My wife visited Canada in Nov'18 and we thought to apply for her inland PR and OWP. we hired one immigration consultant- she filled our forms and validated to generate barcode.

But lately when she sent us other forms for sign off we realized there were few mistakes. Besides this wehn we aks her to share the other forms which she validated already she is not ready to share the copy. Atleast we should see if thsoe needs to be corrected as well. all our supporting documents are with us as she keeps on asking us new requiremnets daily. Now we have reached to a situation where we are not confident in her.

We have not submit our papers physically yet. So, can any expert advise us that if we can fill new forms from scratch and validate them ourselves and submit ourselves. we are afraid that her two forms validated shoudl not create problem and also she should also not create any problem in our application. PLs suggest- we are very stressed.
Hi

Forms can be validated as many times as you want. All validation does is generate new barcode pages. Nothing is submitted to IRCC when validating.

Fire the consultant and do it yourselves.

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hi

Forms can be validated as many times as you want. All validation does is generate new barcode pages. Nothing is submitted to IRCC when validating.

Fire the consultant and do it yourselves.
Thanks- but we fear that she has soft copies of our documents and got use of rep form signed by me and my wife. If we submit on our own she shoudl not report bad for our case which leads to any problem to us.

Also, we find few questions in form lil complicated- so we need some advice and guidance on completing forms. Can you help. OR may we if we complete our documents where to find anyone like lawyers clinic to have our application reveiwed.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thanks- but we fear that she has soft copies of our documents and got use of rep form signed by me and my wife. If we submit on our own she shoudl not report bad for our case which leads to any problem to us.

Also, we find few questions in form lil complicated- so we need some advice and guidance on completing forms. Can you help. OR may we if we complete our documents where to find anyone like lawyers clinic to have our application reveiwed.
Definitely fire the consultant if you no longer feel confident in them.

You will find a lot of resources and help on this forum (if you have specific questions, feel free to post them), but also check if there's an Immigrant Services Association where you live. We went there before submitting and there are people there that can take a look at your application and check for any glaring mistakes. Keep in mind that they work for free and they don't really go into detail. They will take a look and make sure you have everything you need to have and make sure you filled out and signed everything and the like.

If you're definitely not confident in doing it on your own, you should probably find a more reputable consultant.

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018

You will find a lot of resources and help on this forum (if you have specific questions, feel free to post them), but also check if there's an Immigrant Services Association where you live. We went there before submitting and there are people there that can take a look at your application and check for any glaring mistakes. Keep in mind that they work for free and they don't really go into detail. They will take a look and make sure you have everything you need to have and make sure you filled out and signed everything and the like.

If you're definitely not confident in doing it on your own, you should probably find a more reputable consultant.
superb. I live in mississauga- any recommendation close by? and what is the check list for owp?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
superb. I live in mississauga- any recommendation close by? and what is the check list for owp?
I'm in Alberta so unfortunately I can't help you with consultants.

For the OWP: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html

Ultimately, since we were submitting the owp application with the PR application, I'm pretty sure we ended up just putting in the fee payment confirmation (make sure you pay $255, not $155) and the form (IMM 5710), as all the other requirements were already included in the PR application (copies of passport, etc). You should double check that though, as it might have changed since we submitted ours.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

She can't "report bad" for your case. Fire her and demand your documents back. Inform her that you will register a complaint if she doesn't return them.

If you want reputable help, you need to look for a good immigration lawyer. Expect to pay at least $5000. Or just do what the majority of us did and do it out yourselves with help from this forum.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Do it yourselves. It seems like a lot of consultants are crooks nowadays that just do it for the money and con't care about the applicants

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018

Hi, thanks for motivating us. we were really totally frightened. we were filling up the forms IMM0008- my wife is a visitor her on leave but she is going to resign soon. What should we mention her current occupation and intended ocuupation? as in Canada she is just on vacations

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, thanks for motivating us. we were really totally frightened. we were filling up the forms IMM0008- my wife is a visitor her on leave but she is going to resign soon. What should we mention her current occupation and intended ocuupation? as in Canada she is just on vacations
List her current job. Intended occupation is whatever she wants.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ok. And she is a visitor in canada- |So we should put her current country of residence as Canada/ Status- Visitor/. From date - should be when she reahched here. What should be To date?
Put Canada and the expiry date of her current status.