+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding University and Course Selection - Kindly advise! URGENT

Aug 14, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Greetings!

I am Madhumita, aged 31 years, unmarried, an Indian citizen currently working in Bahrain, with more than 6 years of experience as an HR.

I started my immigration journey with PR process in Dec 2018 but could not fulfill the IELTS 8777 requirement. Hence, my profile expired in 2019. As per my WES assessment conducted in Aug 2017, my Canadian equivalency summary holds to be a Master’s Degree.

ACADEMIC DETAILS
Secondary Education – 2007
Higher Secondary Education – 2009 (Commerce)

BBA - 2009 - 2014 (3 years course completed in 5 years) – secured 1st division
*** Due to some personal issues I had 20+ backlogs in BBA, but cleared all and quit only 1 subject, which was permissible at the end of the course.

MBA, Distance Learning HR specialization: June 2014 - Dec 2016, convocation Dec 2017 – secured 1st division
*** no backlogs
HR Training certificate course – July 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
1st company – January 2016 to July 2016 – HR Trainee
2nd Company – August 2016 to February 2018 - Employee Relations Executive
3rd Company - April 2018 to Sep 2021 - Executive (HR)
4th Company (currently working) – Feb 2022 to present – HR Officer/ Personnel Officer

INTENSION TO STUDY FURTHER: As I had too many hurdles with my education and could not complete my Master’s in regular/ in-class mode, I want to enroll in a PG or Master’s course in regular/ in-class mode from a reputed university or college and advance in my career. My IELTS score is overall 7 (Listening 8.5, Reading 6.5, Writing 6, Speaking 7.5).

LOA AND COLLEGE: I got an LOA from Fleming College in 2021 for a 2-year GBM PG Certificate but got a refusal stating that “I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.”

MY QUERY: I have tried contacting many consultants as I am not satisfied with the course and college and need advice if I can get a relevant course at a university, preferably. I am eager to study and excel in my academics and career, but I am not sure if any university/ college or even the visa officer will give me a chance to improve my life.

I would request you all to please suggest to me if I should go ahead to pursue studies for my career or, with extensive experience in HR, I should go ahead with a work permit or PNP or PR option.
Also, which university/ college can give me a chance looking at my academic history and what course should I opt for.

Thank you. Have a great day!

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Greetings!

I am Madhumita, aged 31 years, unmarried, an Indian citizen currently working in Bahrain, with more than 6 years of experience as an HR.

I started my immigration journey with PR process in Dec 2018 but could not fulfill the IELTS 8777 requirement. Hence, my profile expired in 2019. As per my WES assessment conducted in Aug 2017, my Canadian equivalency summary holds to be a Master’s Degree.

ACADEMIC DETAILS

*** Due to some personal issues I had 20+ backlogs in BBA, but cleared all and quit only 1 subject, which was permissible at the end of the course.

MBA, Distance Learning HR specialization: June 2014 - Dec 2016, convocation Dec 2017 – secured 1st division
*** no backlogs

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
4th Company (currently working) – Feb 2022 to present – HR Officer/ Personnel Officer

INTENSION TO STUDY FURTHER: As I had too many hurdles with my education and could not complete my Master’s in regular/ in-class mode, I want to enroll in a PG or Master’s course in regular/ in-class mode from a reputed university or college and advance in my career. My IELTS score is overall 7 (Listening 8.5, Reading 6.5, Writing 6, Speaking 7.5).

LOA AND COLLEGE: I got an LOA from Fleming College in 2021 for a 2-year GBM PG Certificate but got a refusal stating that “I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.”

MY QUERY: I have tried contacting many consultants as I am not satisfied with the course and college and need advice if I can get a relevant course at a university, preferably. I am eager to study and excel in my academics and career, but I am not sure if any university/ college or even the visa officer will give me a chance to improve my life.

I would request you all to please suggest to me if I should go ahead to pursue studies for my career or, with extensive experience in HR, I should go ahead with a work permit or PNP or PR option.
Also, which university/ college can give me a chance looking at my academic history and what course should I opt for.

Did you request the GCMS notes to see the detailed comments from the Visa Officer that refused your application? You received a standard reason for being refused but the VO might have left additional comments with more insight in the GCMS notes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Greetings!

ACADEMIC DETAILS

*** no backlogs

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

Wanting to study in person is not a reason to study in Canada and spend huge amounts of money. Given that you already have an MBA the post grad in GBM is going backwards and shouldn’t lead to career advancement,

Aug 14, 2022
Did you request the GCMS notes to see the detailed comments from the Visa Officer that refused your application? You received a standard reason for being refused but the VO might have left additional comments with more insight in the GCMS notes.
Dear Geet,

Thanks for your response.

I haven't requested for the GCMS notes. I will surely request for the same.

Aug 14, 2022
Wanting to study in person is not a reason to study in Canada and spend huge amounts of money. Given that you already have an MBA the post grad in GBM is going backwards and shouldn’t lead to career advancement,
Dear canuck78,

Kindly suggest which course should I opt for as I am really keen to study further also which University or college will give me a chance considering my backlogs.

Looking forward for your response. Thank you.