+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Total points 67

cyberhome

Jul 26, 2009
Hi All,

Is there any way CIC will know my IELTS score ?

I would like to submit supporting document for English profeciancy if I won't get 16 points in IELTS.

Is it OK ?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
You can either provide IELTS or English proficiency but they strongly recommend that all whose mother tongue is not English to provide IELTS results. Without IELTS results, you are at the mercy of the IO to give you the points they think you deserve. There has been cases written in this forum that a Russian who had done his PhD in English did not get 16 points because IELTS was not provided. There are also cases of people who got 0 or 8 when they thought they deserve 16.

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
I don't think that they know your IELTS score unless you authorize the center where you want to take the exam to send your results to the Embassy.

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
If you need 16 points in order to reach 67 points, you will need to get it by doing the IELTS. Most of the times people who try to "prove" their proficiency in English with documents or courses, got only 8 points, some even got ZERO... Practice and try to get a higher score... otherwise it will be money wasted...

Regards.

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
submission of IELTS report with your full application is highly recommended even if you are a native english speaker......since you are thinking on proving your proficiency without giving IELTS, so I presume you have good hand at english so getting 16 points shouldn't be a problem for you.

Good luck.