Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Hi,

My wife is in Canada on study permit for 2 years which is going to expire in 2 months. She now wants to change her program (one Graduate to another graduate program in Same University). What would be the best for her- Change the program first then apply extension or apply extension then change the program?

Her PR application is in process with me as a spouse of principle application under EE.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

iceage said:
Hi,

My wife is in Canada on study permit for 2 years which is going to expire in 2 months. She now wants to change her program (one Graduate to another graduate program in Same University). What would be the best for her- Change the program first then apply extension or apply extension then change the program?

Her PR application is in process with me as a spouse of principle application under EE.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

1. What's the logic of changing program right at the end of study permit duration?
2. If she has done nothing in those 2 years, expect refusal.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
J5M said:
Hi,

1. What's the logic of changing program right at the end of study permit duration?
2. If she has done nothing in those 2 years, expect refusal.
She is facing problem with her professor. Professor does not want to supervise her anymore at this time and suggests to change it to course based M.Sc. She already completed all required courses for her current program (16 credits out of 45). The remaining 29 credits are for thesis. So, if she changes the program then she have to complete the 29 credits in 4 semesters. How can she express that she is facing problem with her supervisor?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

iceage said:
She is facing problem with her professor. Professor does not want to supervise her anymore at this time and suggests to change it to course based M.Sc. She already completed all required courses for her current program (16 credits out of 45). The remaining 29 credits are for thesis. So, if she changes the program then she have to complete the 29 credits in 4 semesters. How can she express that she is facing problem with her supervisor?

1. Its purely an 'academic issue' between a student and professor.
2. You can attach a new LOA (MSc course based) and a sealed transcript for SP extension.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
J5M said:
Hi,
1. Its purely an 'academic issue' between a student and professor.
2. You can attach a new LOA (MSc course based) and a sealed transcript for SP extension.
Thanks!
So, should she write an LOE for explaining why she is changing it? like:

My current research interest is not matching with professor and professor suggested me to change it. That's why I am changing it to Course based program to complete remaining credits. It would take 4 semesters to complete it. All my tuition are paid and I have about 13k in bank in order to support my education during these time.

What do you say?