+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding student visa

haspreet

Jan 24, 2019
Respected Sir/Mam,
My name is Haspreet and i have done diploma in Computer Science in 2013 and then Btech in computer science in 2016. I wanted to Study Graphics and Web designing after completing my Btech as i started developing my interest in graphics in the latter years of my Btech. In 2016, I decided to go to canada for studying graphics but i was not able to go then. My mother fell ill, she was hospitalised and no one was there to take care of her at home. I could not accomplish my wish of studying in canadian college/university. I wanted to study there as canada is known for its quality education. Then in Sept 2016, i enrolled myself in certification course of Print and publishing which was one part of graphics designing in an institute whose name is arena animation. I studied there till my mother's recovery and also did internship in graphics and media company. It took nearly one and a half year for my mother to be fully recovered and In October 2018, i decided to prepare for ielts exam. After preparing for the exam, I gave the exam on 5th january, 2019 and got Overall 7 bands. Now i want to study graphics designing in canadian college/uni as its my dream to become a professional graphic designer. I am taking up the course of advanced diploma in interactive media design in canadian college. I can afford this course and i don't have enough funds for a degree course. If i will study advanced diploma even then i can get a good job in big multinational company. this course covers all the tools and softwares which are needed by big graphics companies.

Do tell sir/mam whether i will be able to do advanced diploma in interactive media design(graphic designing) or not. Will i get visa? I am really worried. If i won't be able to get visa then my dream of becoming a professional graphic designer will go in vain.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Respected Sir/Mam,
My name is Haspreet and i have done diploma in Computer Science in 2013 and then Btech in computer science in 2016. I wanted to Study Graphics and Web designing after completing my Btech as i started developing my interest in graphics in the latter years of my Btech. In 2016, I decided to go to canada for studying graphics but i was not able to go then. My mother fell ill, she was hospitalised and no one was there to take care of her at home. I could not accomplish my wish of studying in canadian college/university. I wanted to study there as canada is known for its quality education. Then in Sept 2016, i enrolled myself in certification course of Print and publishing which was one part of graphics designing in an institute whose name is arena animation. I studied there till my mother's recovery and also did internship in graphics and media company. It took nearly one and a half year for my mother to be fully recovered and In October 2018, i decided to prepare for ielts exam. After preparing for the exam, I gave the exam on 5th january, 2019 and got Overall 7 bands. Now i want to study graphics designing in canadian college/uni as its my dream to become a professional graphic designer. I am taking up the course of advanced diploma in interactive media design in canadian college. I can afford this course and i don't have enough funds for a degree course. If i will study advanced diploma even then i can get a good job in big multinational company. this course covers all the tools and softwares which are needed by big graphics companies.

Do tell sir/mam whether i will be able to do advanced diploma in interactive media design(graphic designing) or not. Will i get visa? I am really worried. If i won't be able to get visa then my dream of becoming a professional graphic designer will go in vain.
OK, first you need to give some gaps so that it's not just a block of text to read. Second you have B.tech in what ? is it related to graphic design ?

Reactions: haspreet

haspreet

Jan 24, 2019
OK, first you need to give some gaps so that it's not just a block of text to read. Second you have B.tech in what ? is it related to graphic design ?

Thanku for replying sir. I have done Btech in Computer Science.

After That i did Print and Publishing certification course( which is a part of graphics designing but not full fledge) from Arena Animation.

Now, I want to study full fledge graphics course in canadian college.

I want to study Advanced diploma in graphics design that is of two years.

can it be possible for me to study?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanku for replying sir. I have done Btech in Computer Science.

After That i did Print and Publishing certification course( which is a part of graphics designing but not full fledge) from Arena Animation.

Now, I want to study full fledge graphics course in canadian college.

I want to study Advanced diploma in graphics design that is of two years.

can it be possible for me to study?
It's possible, you will have to prepare a good statement of purpose. You will have to mention that your desire to be a graphic designer and you have made an attempt to go to that career path by showing the course that you did. Don't mention family issues or your earlier history, also don't mention any financial constraints that you have as that will be bad for your application. Mention why you want to do that particular course and how you will apply it.

haspreet

Jan 24, 2019
It's possible, you will have to prepare a good statement of purpose. You will have to mention that your desire to be a graphic designer and you have made an attempt to go to that career path by showing the course that you did. Don't mention family issues or your earlier history, also don't mention any financial constraints that you have as that will be bad for your application. Mention why you want to do that particular course and how you will apply it.

Thank you Sir for your advice.

Sir, if the embassy asked me that why i am not going for a degree course in graphics and opting for advanced diploma?

My real reason is this that i don't have funds for degree course.

then what can i say to them? Please tell sir.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you Sir for your advice.

Sir, if the embassy asked me that why i am not going for a degree course in graphics and opting for advanced diploma?

My real reason is this that i don't have funds for degree course.

then what can i say to them? Please tell sir.
They will not ask you, it's better not to mention why you are doing an advanced diploma. Just mention that this course is what you want and see what the courses are and how they relate to the job you want to do. You can mention that the course is exactly what you wanted compared to other options. There is honestly not much of a problem doing an advanced diploma since it is different from your bachelors and you want to change your line of work.

The main thing you have to convince the visa officer is about your intentions of changing your career. In the west, it's not a crime to change your career. So be honest and mention your passion and what you want to do. Have faith and hopefully it will work out.

haspreet

Jan 24, 2019
They will not ask you, it's better not to mention why you are doing an advanced diploma. Just mention that this course is what you want and see what the courses are and how they relate to the job you want to do. You can mention that the course is exactly what you wanted compared to other options. There is honestly not much of a problem doing an advanced diploma since it is different from your bachelors and you want to change your line of work.

The main thing you have to convince the visa officer is about your intentions of changing your career. In the west, it's not a crime to change your career. So be honest and mention your passion and what you want to do. Have faith and hopefully it will work out.

thanks alot sir.