+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Student Visa and IELTS Proficiency

Ali Ak

Aug 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask you a question. All responses are welcomed.

I am applying for Canada student visa. 3 or 4 years ago I got my Canada 10 years Visitor visa, but I have not been there because of my family health issues. I have been a lot of countries with visas, so my travel history is ok I think. The college, which I applied, accepted me without IELTS because of my distance education from the United Kingdom, so I am excepted from English proficiency requirements. I granted now my offer. Then, for student visa application, do I have to mention that? Because I have been the U.K just 1 week for touristic purpose with visitor visa which is expired, and my education is completely distance based, so I don’t have any U.K student visa. I asked my college whether they may prepare a letter which explains my situation regarding my exception of English requirement and waiting for their response. Do you think that it is enough to convince officers? or What you may suggest to me? By the way, I know my Indian brothers are struggling to get a student visa without IELTS, so for much clarification, I want to mention about my national, which is Turkey.

Also, I have an inquiry regarding application form.

1) “ It is asked that During the past five years in any country or territory other then your country of citizenship or your current country or territory of residence (indicated above) for more than six months?”

My question is that I studied in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, however, in their list there is no this country. Because just Turkey recognize this country, so it is not in their list, so Do I have to mark as Unknow with marking student status or Do I have to just skip this part as if I was not a student there?

2) I have graduated Bs. Mechanical Engineering and studying Ms Software Engineering and my Msc. education is continued via distance education, so in the form of Education part, they asked me the highest level of post-secondary education. However, my Master has not been completed yet, so Do I have to mark the expected future date of my Msc. graduation or Do I have to just fill it with my Bsc. Degree and not mention regarding my Ms.

Best Regards.