+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding spouse visa

Feb 14, 2024
My husband's file is refused by giving this reason what should i do now...... do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that the inviter is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada. Refused under
R205(c)(ii).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My husband's file is refused by giving this reason what should i do now...... do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that the inviter is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada. Refused under
R205(c)(ii).
Posting under Family Sponsorship. If not sponsoring spouse for PR, post under foreign workers. Include your status in Canada. And if a student what school/program and what information/documents you included.

Feb 14, 2024
Posting under Family Sponsorship. If not sponsoring spouse for PR, post under foreign workers. Include your status in Canada. And if a student what school/program and what information/documents you included.
I included everything but still got this response what should I do now

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in St. Clair College in business course. Yes I showed that I am full time student
When do you graduate? Is this a post grad program? When did you apply? If you are going to ask for reconsideration do it quick because spouse’s are no longer eligible for SOWPs as per new government announcement. You should have applied at the same time. If not post grad and graduating soon may need to wait for PGWP. Unfortunately, SOWPs are not guaranteed even with attending public DLI.

Feb 14, 2024
When do you graduate? Is this a post grad program? When did you apply? If you are going to ask for reconsideration do it quick because spouse’s are no longer eligible for SOWPs as per new government announcement. You should have applied at the same time. If not post grad and graduating soon may need to wait for PGWP. Unfortunately, SOWPs are not guaranteed even with attending public DLI.
I want ask if I go for reconsideration does it work…?

Feb 14, 2024
my study will complete in August 2024 it’s a diploma

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my study will complete in August 2024 it’s a diploma
So that is an issue now because IRCC will not process an SOWP if you are graduating within the next 6 months. He will only be granted a work permit that expires in August. You can try but prepare for another refusal. May want to wait until you have PGWP.

Feb 14, 2024
So that is an issue now because IRCC will not process an SOWP if you are graduating within the next 6 months. He will only be granted a work permit that expires in August. You can try but prepare for another refusal. May want to wait until you have PGWP.
but my visa will expire on 31 december

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
but my visa will expire on 31 december
But you are graduating in August. IRCC will know this when you submit your documents (registration, timetable, payment etc.). Your permit expires 90 days after graduation. Again ask for reconsideration or reapply. There are no timelines for reconsideration and IRCC may or may not reopen the file.