+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Spouse PR Profile

abc1234$

Oct 24, 2016
Hello Friends,

Need some urgent inputs. I have Spouse, child as part of my PR application. When I submitted my EE profile under CEC category, I have not claimed any points for my spouse's foreign work experience and my total CRS was 459. I have recently got an ITA on 5th September 2018.

Once I login to my account, it directs me to complete some necessary information on my profile and as part of this, it also asks me to complete my spouse's information. As part of my spouse's information, it asks me a question regarding my spouse's last 10 year activities.

Should I mention "Unemployed", since I have not claimed any points for her foreign work experience OR Is it still okay to mention about her foreign work experience as part of the last 10 year activities?

Thanks

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
You need to provide these details under personal history for her so no points will be added.
Note that mentioning "unemployed" will be a misrepresentation which may lead to troubles, always be truthful with IRCC.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Should I mention "Unemployed", since I have not claimed any points for her foreign work experience OR Is it still okay to mention about her foreign work experience as part of the last 10 year activities?
If you say "unemployed" it is not truthful.
If you list her work experience, it will ask for documentation.
There are no points available for a spouse's foreign work experience. You can safely leave this blank, and later if you receive the ITA, she will list ALL of her work experience in her background history document.

abc1234$

Oct 24, 2016
You need to provide these details under personal history for her so no points will be added.
Note that mentioning "unemployed" will be a misrepresentation which may lead to troubles, always be truthful with IRCC.
So iam assuming that it is safe to mention her work history over the past 10 years even though we are not claiming any points for it. Please confirm