+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding spousal open work permit extension

debanjana2031

May 6, 2020
Hi,
I have a query on extending Spousal open work permit. My husband is holding closed work permit which is valid till 14th Dec 2020 and same as my open work permit as well. His company has filed an extension for his work permit last Friday 4th Dec. My question is am I eligible to file an extension for my open work permit parallelly? What is the process to file an extension?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Debanjana

debanjana2031

May 6, 2020
Hi,
I have a query on extending Spousal open work permit. My husband is holding closed work permit which is valid till 14th Dec 2020 and same as my open work permit as well. His company has filed an extension for his work permit last Friday 4th Dec. My question is am I eligible to file an extension for my open work permit parallelly? What is the process to file an extension?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Debanjana
Can anyone help me to understand in this please.

Nov 2, 2020
Can anyone help me to understand in this please.
Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Debanjana
This is what i found on IRCC website: (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2d)
You're a spouse or family member of someone working or studying temporarily in Canada

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’re:

Individual Opinion: the interpretation of above statement seems like spouse is eligible after the better half gets the approved work permit.

I would request the experienced members to share their thoughts.