+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding SOWP Application Before Sponsorship Application

omtrq

Feb 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I just recently landed in Canada, and sure enough, I want to start on the process to bring my spouse and kid here. I came across the SOWP, and that it's application can be processed while the spouse sponsorship application is being processed. So I have a few basic questions regarding:

• Can I apply for a SOWP application BEFORE the spouse sponsorship application?
  • How many pay stubs should I need before submitting my application (SOWP or spouse sponsorship application)?
And in general, what's the best way to go on about bringing ur spouse here asap? Will really appreciate if you guys can give me a understanding on this so I can get to work right away!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

So I just recently landed in Canada, and sure enough, I want to start on the process to bring my spouse and kid here. I came across the SOWP, and that it's application can be processed while the spouse sponsorship application is being processed. So I have a few basic questions regarding:

• Can I apply for a SOWP application BEFORE the spouse sponsorship application?
  • How many pay stubs should I need before submitting my application (SOWP or spouse sponsorship application)?
And in general, what's the best way to go on about bringing ur spouse here asap? Will really appreciate if you guys can give me a understanding on this so I can get to work right away!
Short answer is no. SOWPs are only for those who have spouses in Canada on study permits or work permits. Your spouse does not qualify since you are a PR.

You can apply for an OWP for your spouse - but only once your spouse is physically here and only when you submit this application together with an inland spousal sponsorship application. You cannot apply for an OWP before spousal sponsorship.

Your spouse and child need TRVs to come here assuming they are non visa exempt (eTAs if they are visa exempt).