+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding sop length....

randhawa GURSHARNBIR

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
guys what u think would be the decent length of sop ... i m writing my sop any concerned about length of it as it may b very long .. i have written 1 and a half pages is that okay ??????

ankur2112

Aug 26, 2013
There's no such limit set up for length of SOP
but 1 and a half is perfect I think.
Try to make It brief and effective .. that's what I did and my consultant told me.

randhawa GURSHARNBIR

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
ankur2112 said:
There's no such limit set up for length of SOP
but 1 and a half is perfect I think.
Try to make It brief and effective .. that's what I did and my consultant told me.
i tried the same buddy ... can u send me ur sop ??? randhawa7511@gmail.com is my mail id ...

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
I've had my sop reviewed from very respected members of this forum and i can summarize the answer you are looking for in few sentences:

1. make it short and to the point. as one user above me also stated, 1-1.5 pages is more than enough.
2. make sure to keep the tone of language positive throughout with no mention of any kind of negativity.
3. set the font to (times new roman) and font size to 12 with spacing of 1.5
4. it should give strong justification for the chosen course and how it would help you in future.
5. you can also add a line if you want to that xyz sponsored you.

In short, keep it precise and to the point... no lengthy explanations, free of grammatical errors, positive theme. also get it reviewed and edited from a lot of people you trust and who you think can BETTER advice you and never post it here on the forum.

MOST IMPORTANT - WRITE IT YOURSELF! NOBODY KNOWS EXACTLY YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES AND YOUR STORY SO DONT FIT YOUR NAME INTO A READY MADE ONE. PUT EFFORT INTO IT.

hope it helps.

randhawa GURSHARNBIR

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
twentyone said:
I've had my sop reviewed from very respected members of this forum and i can summarize the answer you are looking for in few sentences:

1. make it short and to the point. as one user above me also stated, 1-1.5 pages is more than enough.
2. make sure to keep the tone of language positive throughout with no mention of any kind of negativity.
3. set the font to (times new roman) and font size to 12 with spacing of 1.5
4. it should give strong justification for the chosen course and how it would help you in future.
5. you can also add a line if you want to that xyz sponsored you.

In short, keep it precise and to the point... no lengthy explanations, free of grammatical errors, positive theme. also get it reviewed and edited from a lot of people you trust and who you think can BETTER advice you and never post it here on the forum.

MOST IMPORTANT - WRITE IT YOURSELF! NOBODY KNOWS EXACTLY YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES AND YOUR STORY SO DONT FIT YOUR NAME INTO A READY MADE ONE. PUT EFFORT INTO IT.

hope it helps.
thnks alot buddy ,,, its really helpful .... and i want to know tht .. i write it on my own ... but last time my agent write tht fr me when i c tht today its completly bullshit . i got rejected ... so same sugestn to all write it urslf ...

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
A decent lenght is 700 to 800 words,, as to read 700 words u require 2 minutes

SINGH_KING

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also need help here ...

hand written SOP or Printed ... will it make any difference ?

Many consultants suggests to submit hand written but can anyone explain this to me, how this will make difference ?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
SINGH_KING said:
I also need help here ...

hand written SOP or Printed ... will it make any difference ?

Many consultants suggests to submit hand written but can anyone explain this to me, how this will make difference ?
lol ofcourse printed SOP .....

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
This is not a assignment lol,,, typed sop is better,, he won't waste his time understanding ur handwriting,,,

SINGH_KING

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
lol ofcourse printed SOP .....
OKAY !! but here in Punjab area of India, consultants suggests their clients to submit hand written. I saw tooo many people doing this.,so tht's why i asked

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
SINGH_KING said:
OKAY !! but here in Punjab area of India, consultants suggests their clients to submit hand written. I saw tooo many people doing this.,so tht's why i asked
let people do whatever they want u think for ur self what looks more professional a printed or hand written SOP?

randhawa GURSHARNBIR

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
SINGH_KING said:
i m also frm punjab and gng to submit printout not handwriten ... dnt wry if ur sop is strong no mater how u write tht it would b gud

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
No bro I strongly recommend typed sop,, think ur self hand written sop in this era,, cmon,,

ankur2112

Aug 26, 2013
Hahhaha .... that's funny ... am also from Punjab but never heard anyone submitting
handwritten SOP ....

check you email Randhawa sab ... please do not share it further ....

(apa Punjab too han ... so maybe apna VO same howe ..... apni wording ch likhi )