+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding schooling visa

Priya.Priya86

Nov 18, 2016
Hii
I have applied for canada schooling visa+ Guardian visa for both parents. Applied visa on 8th nov. And when today i track my application file it says that our passport have been courier on 15 nov via vide courier partner. Without giving any track id to track courier. And also don't know if we got visa or not.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Obviously every situation is different but it would be very unusual for parents from outside the country to be issued visas to accompany a child attending school in Canada as usually a Guardian would likely be a resident in Canada. But who knows stranger things have happened with immigration but the obvious question might be how would the parents support themselves if not allowed to work ?

Note the original poster has not been active since 11/2016.

Yukiakira

Feb 16, 2015
Priya.Priya86 said:
Hii
I have applied for canada schooling visa+ Guardian visa for both parents. Applied visa on 8th nov. And when today i track my application file it says that our passport have been courier on 15 nov via vide courier partner. Without giving any track id to track courier. And also don't know if we got visa or not.
is it true that parents can accompany with child?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yukiakira said:
is it true that parents can accompany with child?
Answer should be no. A student visa for a minor does not provide for parents to accompany the minor, a guardian must be indentified in Canada who us either a citizen or a PR. See same question here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/schooling-visa-t472758.0.html

Nothing to stop parents applying separately for limited visitor visas but they would have no rights to live and work.