+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding request letter for Hong Kong Police Certificate (CNCC)

monthur

Sep 17, 2020
Hi guys, I have one question about HK CNCC Applicant Data Collection Form. In the English version, there's a question:"How many dependent minors are coverer in your application for whom CNCC's are not required?" But in the Chinese version, this question becomes "How many minors and dependants are covered...." In this case, should the spouse be counted? I believe there's a inconsistency here.

Titu1977

Dec 3, 2020
Okay... so now HK Police Force has started to send the CNCC directly to CIC as per their standard process. On Nov 24th, I mailed my CNCC application package to HK from Toronto. HK Police received my application on Nov 27th. On Dec 3rd, I called HK Police Force to check the status, they asked me to provide the exact mailing address (they also sent an email). Next, I called IRCC and got the address of the Vancouver office where my case is being processed. I emailed the same to HKPF CNCC department and the very next day I got an acknowledgement from them with the CNCC reference number confirming the application has been ACCEPTED and in-process. That said, they made it clear that they will not share any soft copies of the CNCC or the receipt with the candidate. Considering I have to respond to CIC by 19-Dec-2020, it is quite unlikely I will get the physical CNCC receipt (by mail) by then, however I will use the HK Police email (with CNCC#) as evidence along with the LOE in my response to CIC. This is the standard process and CIC will wait for the CNCC to arrive for further verification, but from the timeline perspective my action items will be completed within the given window. Hope this helps!

Reactions: monthur

monthur

Sep 17, 2020
Okay... so now HK Police Force has started to send the CNCC directly to CIC as per their standard process. On Nov 24th, I mailed my CNCC application package to HK from Toronto. HK Police received my application on Nov 27th. On Dec 3rd, I called HK Police Force to check the status, they asked me to provide the exact mailing address (they also sent an email). Next, I called IRCC and got the address of the Vancouver office where my case is being processed. I emailed the same to HKPF CNCC department and the very next day I got an acknowledgement from them with the CNCC reference number confirming the application has been ACCEPTED and in-process. That said, they made it clear that they will not share any soft copies of the CNCC or the receipt with the candidate. Considering I have to respond to CIC by 19-Dec-2020, it is quite unlikely I will get the physical CNCC receipt (by mail) by then, however I will use the HK Police email (with CNCC#) as evidence along with the LOE in my response to CIC. This is the standard process and CIC will wait for the CNCC to arrive for further verification, but from the timeline perspective my action items will be completed within the given window. Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing. Which number did you call them at? I can never get through to them...

Titu1977

Dec 3, 2020
Thanks for sharing. Which number did you call them at? I can never get through to them...
+852 2860 6557. You may need to call few times to get through, but the best part is you will directly speak to an officer who will answer your questions.

Neeraj122222

Feb 20, 2021
Can someone please tell me how much time hongkong police takes to send the police clearance certificate to IRCC. I have send the documents by dhl to them , they received the documents on 16 Feb 2021 and give me confirmation of receiving my documents on 1 march 2021 and my last day of submission is 3 April 2021 . I am worried about my application getting rejected because of hongkong police clearance certificate. I have tried calling hongkong police but its busy all the time.

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Can someone please tell me how much time hongkong police takes to send the police clearance certificate to IRCC. I have send the documents by dhl to them , they received the documents on 16 Feb 2021 and give me confirmation of receiving my documents on 1 march 2021 and my last day of submission is 3 April 2021 . I am worried about my application getting rejected because of hongkong police clearance certificate. I have tried calling hongkong police but its busy all the time.
1 month to process from the time they receive your completed application, plus 2 months to ship the certificate to IRCC. You can just upload the receipt to your profile with an accompanying LOE explaining the certificate will take a while to reach them.

Titu1977

Dec 3, 2020
Have you received the receipt from HKPD? If so, just submit a LOE, attach the receipt and mention that HKPD will directly send the CNCC to IRCC. Also check with HKPD if you need to arrange a mail pickup of your CNCC (I had to do that), which helped me expedite the delivery since I used ups express as compared to standard mail that HKPD uses. Be rest assured your application won't be rejected because of CNCC delay. IRCC is well aware of the current situation, just keep them posted.

Neeraj122222

Feb 20, 2021
Have you received the receipt from HKPD? If so, just submit a LOE, attach the receipt and mention that HKPD will directly send the CNCC to IRCC. Also check with HKPD if you need to arrange a mail pickup of your CNCC (I had to do that), which helped me expedite the delivery since I used ups express as compared to standard mail that HKPD uses. Be rest assured your application won't be rejected because of CNCC delay. IRCC is well aware of the current situation, just keep them posted.

When I try to attach my CNCC receipt, IRCC has asked me to fill in the issue date and expiry date of the document. So what can I mention there? Or I should just raise a webform.

Neeraj122222

Feb 20, 2021
When I try to attach my CNCC receipt, IRCC has asked me to fill in the issue date and expiry date of the document. So what can I mention there? Or I should just raise a webform.

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Which link are you using? The one with issue date and expiry date.

Decaor2019

May 22, 2020
Anyone know how to sort things out? I am facing the same issue
called IRCC twice, they still refuse to issue me a letter with address
and one agent tell me to send to the VO directly
Another said to send to Canada Consulate in Hong Kong
I am so confused now!!!!
Please kindly help!

gupp14

Dec 30, 2021
Anyone know how to sort things out? I am facing the same issue
called IRCC twice, they still refuse to issue me a letter with address
and one agent tell me to send to the VO directly
Another said to send to Canada Consulate in Hong Kong
I am so confused now!!!!
Please kindly help!
HiDecaror2019, how's your police certificate arrangement so far, I believe VO = Canada Consulate in HK

Decaor2019

May 22, 2020
HiDecaror2019, how's your police certificate arrangement so far, I believe VO = Canada Consulate in HK
yes I visited the police station and they told me the certificate will be sent to Canada Consulate in Hk (previously they sent to VO in Canada, but they said they are not doing it anymore as Canada informed them to send all police certificates to Canada Consulate in HK)

IRCC also replied me that they received my police certificate

gupp14

Dec 30, 2021
yes I visited the police station and they told me the certificate will be sent to Canada Consulate in Hk (previously they sent to VO in Canada, but they said they are not doing it anymore as Canada informed them to send all police certificates to Canada Consulate in HK)

IRCC also replied me that they received my police certificate
Great to know that. Thanks for your sharing.

Shehryar.Khan

Oct 20, 2020
can you please provide me a link to the webform?
PS: I uploaded the LOE to the slot where the PCC would go. I hope it is not critical! This is how I have communicated with them till now when I needed other request letters (I needed PCCs from some other countries too).
Hi there,

Just wondering what did you do for issue date and expiry date in the slot for PCC? Did you choose something at random in order to be able to upload your LOE?