+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding request letter for Hong Kong Police Certificate (CNCC)

Sarah333

Sep 28, 2020
Exactly in the same boat. You should arrange for it to be delivered by courier. I just filled in the IRCC customer service number as recipient's contact number, and it did not cause any trouble.
Hello,

I am currently in Canada. I am wondering how to arrange the FedEx pickup.. I called the HK FedEx, they asked me to create account. Apparently if I create Canada FedEx account I need to arrange for remote pickup.. it seems to be more complicated. Wondering what are your process? My Police request has already passed the deadline... but I sent an explanation letter to Webform.. will that affect my application process? very worried.. t

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Hello,

I am currently in Canada. I am wondering how to arrange the FedEx pickup.. I called the HK FedEx, they asked me to create account. Apparently if I create Canada FedEx account I need to arrange for remote pickup.. it seems to be more complicated. Wondering what are your process? My Police request has already passed the deadline... but I sent an explanation letter to Webform.. will that affect my application process? very worried.. t
It seems HK Post has resumed service again, so custom DHL pickup probably won't be an available option anymore. Once CNCC has been processed, HKPF will mail it directly to IRCC via HK Post.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
It seems HK Post has resumed service again, so custom DHL pickup probably won't be an available option anymore. Once CNCC has been processed, HKPF will mail it directly to IRCC via HK Post.
I believe the air mail service between HK and Canada is still unavailable.

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
The barcode I was talking about is the one that courier used for scanning. Below is what I saw on the tracker, so I think we should use courier pick up instead of shipping label delivery.

https://myimmitracker.com/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/cases/case-93215

Quote:
"
Tips for others also looking for HK CNCC delivery through private courier:
1. Make sure you are selecting Scheduled Pick Up - NOT Shipping label. HK Police will not print label and ship themselves. You have to provide them label, they will print and need a courier to come pick up. Arrange your delivery through DHL telephone service if possible - will make it easier.

2. DHL will provide you 1 Waybill #. It is for HK to Canada. After your tracker shows "Delivery arranged no details expected - you can call DHL and get the 2nd Waybill number. It is for domestic delivery from within Canada to IRCC Office in Sydney , NS.

3. DHL is experienced with delivering documents to IRCC - they will do it themselves during office hours, you don't need to stress about them missing IRCC office hours etc.

4. After delivered successfully , you can get proof of delivery from your Waybill # 2 tracker. I uploaded through webform; Waybill #1, Waybill #2 , Proof of Delivery and short explanation that document successfully delivered by DHL as per proof of delivery. All documents merged into one PDF document.

HK CNCC is definitely the most difficult one as there are so many steps involved!"
I have received my CNCC courier pick up email today, and it says:
"
Please let us know the time the courier will come and email us the waybill, transport label as well as payment proof of the courier. We will print the waybill and give it to the courier staff.
"

So does that mean HKPF will actually print out the shipping label for us? But now I am confused about the previous comment:
"
Make sure you are selecting Scheduled Pick Up - NOT Shipping label
"

@aNDyaSs

Also, will HKPF attach any additional documents to CNCC when mailing to IRCC? Otherwise how could IRCC correctly link the mailed PCC with our EE application?

Last edited:

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
"
Please let us know the time the courier will come and email us the waybill, transport label as well as payment proof of the courier. We will print the waybill and give it to the courier staff.
"

So does that mean HKPF will actually print out the shipping label for us? But now I am confused about the previous comment:
"
"

@aNDyaSs

Also, will HKPF attach any additional documents to CNCC when mailing to IRCC? Otherwise how could IRCC correctly link the mailed PCC with our EE application?
From my experience recently, they do print out the waybill for courier pickup. I am not sure what are included in the mail, but IRCC successfully linked the CNCC to my file when I applied for work permit before. I guess they attached the PCC request letter that we provided to them in the mail?

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
@aNDyaSs @fsw_hk Thank you both for your replies! One more question, does IRCC update your EE applications immediately once receiving your HK PCC? Do GCMS notes reflect the HK PCC update date?

olliegarchy

Oct 21, 2020
"
"

"
"

@aNDyaSs

You have to schedule a DHL pickup person to go to the CNCC office and pick it up if what I've heard is true.

It sounds like you and I applied for the CNCC around the same time both from outside of HK. Do you mind letting me know what day you handed it in and whether you had someone go for an appointment or put it in the drop in box? Thanks!

Last edited:

vindwarrior

Jun 9, 2020
It's not critical, but it would show the agent that you have already applied for the PCC and delays are not your fault.

The webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I followed up and did both of these:
1) Wrote an LOE asking them to provide a new Request Letter that mentions the postal address to which the CNCC needs to be sent.
2) Filled in the webform and again asked for a new Request Letter with the postal address.

Since then, I have received 2 new request letters from IRCC, and both times, it did not mention the postal address. So, now I have 3 request letters for the same thing and none of them mentions the postal address to which it needs to be sent. The latest request letters want me to email the CNCC to them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca . Anyway, I applied for the appointment at the Hong Kong Police HQ immediately and received an appointment after 3 weeks (which is tomorrow). I will go and check if the HK Police department will provide me the CNCC to scan, or will they send it directly to IRCC via email.

Please tell me what you think and what else can be done. I am tired of sending LOEs to IRCC asking for a request letter with a postal address.

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
I followed up and did both of these:
1) Wrote an LOE asking them to provide a new Request Letter that mentions the postal address to which the CNCC needs to be sent.
2) Filled in the webform and again asked for a new Request Letter with the postal address.

Since then, I have received 2 new request letters from IRCC, and both times, it did not mention the postal address. So, now I have 3 request letters for the same thing and none of them mentions the postal address to which it needs to be sent. The latest request letters want me to email the CNCC to them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca . Anyway, I applied for the appointment at the Hong Kong Police HQ immediately and received an appointment after 3 weeks (which is tomorrow). I will go and check if the HK Police department will provide me the CNCC to scan, or will they send it directly to IRCC via email.

Please tell me what you think and what else can be done. I am tired of sending LOEs to IRCC asking for a request letter with a postal address.
I don't think HKPF will email it to you, see Q27 in the FAQ section:
https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime_faq.html

vindwarrior

Jun 9, 2020
Have HK email it to IRCC as requested in the letter. I wish they had offered me that choice. So much simpler that ordering the DHL pickup.

If HKPF doesn't want or can't email it then have it send to:

Regular mail :
ATTN: EE Registry Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS B1P 0G6
Canada

Courier:
ATTN: EE Registry Case Processing Agent
CIO Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2
Canada
I went to the HK Police HQ in Wan Chai today for my appointment. They refused my application for CNCC.
1) They will not email it to IRCC (even though the request letter asks it to be emailed)
2) They want the postal address to be mentioned on the request letter. I can not give it to them seperately, it has to be on the "Embassy Letter".

Getting an appointment for CNCC is so difficult these days, wait time is close to a month. And then when I finally go there, I am refused because of some stupid rules. Hong Kong Police Certificate is proving to be the most difficult one for me, and I don't blame HK Police for that. Despite my repeated requests, IRCC has sent me 3 separate request letters and all 3 did not have any Postal address mentioned on it. I am actually out of all options now, don't know if sending another inquiry will help at all.

Reactions: johnny1186

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
I went to the HK Police HQ in Wan Chai today for my appointment. They refused my application for CNCC.
1) They will not email it to IRCC (even though the request letter asks it to be emailed)
2) They want the postal address to be mentioned on the request letter. I can not give it to them seperately, it has to be on the "Embassy Letter".

Getting an appointment for CNCC is so difficult these days, wait time is close to a month. And then when I finally go there, I am refused because of some stupid rules. Hong Kong Police Certificate is proving to be the most difficult one for me, and I don't blame HK Police for that. Despite my repeated requests, IRCC has sent me 3 separate request letters and all 3 did not have any Postal address mentioned on it. I am actually out of all options now, don't know if sending another inquiry will help at all.
Give IRCC a call. I too got 3 letters with exactly the same thing - no address on letter. My 4th time, I called IRCC, spoke with an agent, explained the situation to them, informed them that they are just sending me letters without address consistently and that I cannot apply because HK Police needs a PCC letter with the mailing address of where it should be sent on the letter.

Luckily, my 4th letter was correct and included the address.

If you are running out of time for submission, scan your new booking appointment, upload a LOE explaining the situation that you went to HK Police HQ and they needed a letter from IRCC with the address and you were provided one without the address 3 separate times has led to the delay in getting the document .

I agree, HK PCC is an absolutely nightmare to get.

My 4th webform was as follows, I also called IRCC after sending it:

"Dear Sir/Madam, I am a CEC Inland applicant, This is my repeated inquiry for the same issue. I have not received the required information - I require an official request letter from IRCC with the mailing address. Kindly issue me an official request letter demanding the certificate of no criminal conviction from Hong Kong Police. The letter must contain the IRCC address as Hong Kong Police will send the certificate directly to IRCC via post. Please note that I received an additional document request - a demand letter earlier from IRCC, however it did not contain any address. Thanks & Regards "

Reactions: vindwarrior

vindwarrior

Jun 9, 2020
Give IRCC a call. I too got 3 letters with exactly the same thing - no address on letter. My 4th time, I called IRCC, spoke with an agent, explained the situation to them, informed them that they are just sending me letters without address consistently and that I cannot apply because HK Police needs a PCC letter with the mailing address of where it should be sent on the letter.

Luckily, my 4th letter was correct and included the address.

If you are running out of time for submission, scan your new booking appointment, upload a LOE explaining the situation that you went to HK Police HQ and they needed a letter from IRCC with the address and you were provided one without the address 3 separate times has led to the delay in getting the document .

I agree, HK PCC is an absolutely nightmare to get.

My 4th webform was as follows, I also called IRCC after sending it:

"Dear Sir/Madam, I am a CEC Inland applicant, This is my repeated inquiry for the same issue. I have not received the required information - I require an official request letter from IRCC with the mailing address. Kindly issue me an official request letter demanding the certificate of no criminal conviction from Hong Kong Police. The letter must contain the IRCC address as Hong Kong Police will send the certificate directly to IRCC via post. Please note that I received an additional document request - a demand letter earlier from IRCC, however it did not contain any address. Thanks & Regards "
Thank you very much. Can you please share the phone number? Also, what is an appropriate time to make the call as we have such a huge time difference between HK and Canada? I am so glad to find an answer that is based on prior experience with exactly the same issue as mine.

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Thank you very much. Can you please share the phone number? Also, what is an appropriate time to make the call as we have such a huge time difference between HK and Canada? I am so glad to find an answer that is based on prior experience with exactly the same issue as mine.
The number is 1-888-242-2100. However, you will probably have to use an app or something to change your location to Canada as that number can only be called if you are inside of Canada. You could also try this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-call-ircc-from-outside-canada.701113/

The best time would be to call at 8 am Canada Time I think. I called around 11 am though and it was around a 45 minute wait - this is back in July so I am not sure of the waiting times etc now.

I called them from within Canada as I am currently here.

Best of luck!

amaski93

Jul 1, 2020
Hello ,
While arranging courier pickup option.. Can I provide below address as Sender and Receiver

Sender :
The Commissioner of Police
(Attn.: EO CNCC)
14/F, Arsenal House,
Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong

Receiver:
ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street