+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Re-entering Canada before the Temporary Residence Visa expires in two days.

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
Hi all,

I am currently working in Canada on a work permit. However, this permit and Visa expires on May 3, 2019.
I have an extended job offer from the same employer, But the new work permit process hasn't started yet.

I am traveling to my home town (India) for two weeks vacation and planning to return before 2 days
of my Visa and Work permit expires.

Will they allow me to re-enter Canada when I have only two more days lefts in my Visa and Work permit?
Requesting to please share your experiences.

Thank you in Advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,

I am currently working in Canada on a work permit. However, this permit and Visa expires on May 3, 2019.
I have an extended job offer from the same employer, But the new work permit process hasn't started yet.

I am traveling to my home town (India) for two weeks vacation and planning to return before 2 days
of my Visa and Work permit expires.

Will they allow me to re-enter Canada when I have only two more days lefts in my Visa and Work permit?
Requesting to please share your experiences.

Thank you in Advance.
1. If you are admitted, it will probably only for 2 days, so don't count on it.

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
Hi

1. If you are admitted, it will probably only for 2 days, so don't count on it.
Thank you for your reply and sharing your thought.
After entering, I can stay in an implied status and will wait for my work permit extension.will it work that way?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
After entering, I can stay in an implied status and will wait for my work permit extension.will it work that way?
On what grounds do you think you qualify for a work permit extension?

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
On what grounds do you think you qualify for a work permit extension?
Thanks for your concern.
My current employer already gave the extended job offer for another six months and they will do the paperwork. Unfortunately, they may not able to start the process by the time I leave on vacation and currently, I am on my fifth work permit in Canada, So I am hoping the current extension also will get approved like last time without any issues (fingers crossed ) :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No implied status unless you submit a complete work permit application BEFORE your existing one expires AND you are in Canada when you apply.

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
No implied status unless you submit a complete work permit application BEFORE your existing one expires AND you are in Canada when you apply.
Thank you for your reply. I got your point.
I will try my best to apply for the extended Work permit before I leave.
In that case, Will I be able to come back to Canada before my two days of work permit expires?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for your reply. I got your point.
I will try my best to apply for the extended Work permit before I leave.
In that case, Will I be able to come back to Canada before my two days of work permit expires?
Ah. Don't forget that implied status ends as soon as you leave Canada (subject to a couple of probably non-relevant caveats) and you would not be under implied status on reentry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
Ah. Don't forget that implied status ends as soon as you leave Canada (subject to a couple of probably non-relevant caveats) and you would not be under implied status on reentry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
Hi Thanks again
Sorry if my explanation wasn't clear enough.
my work permit and visa are valid until May 3rd and I am going vacation and returning back two days before the original work permit expires.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your concern.
My current employer already gave the extended job offer for another six months and they will do the paperwork. Unfortunately, they may not able to start the process by the time I leave on vacation and currently, I am on my fifth work permit in Canada, So I am hoping the current extension also will get approved like last time without any issues (fingers crossed ) :)
As per your previous post, you have an OWP based on your spouse's work permit. An extended job offer does not qualify you for a work permit extension.

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
As per your previous post, you have an OWP based on your spouse's work permit. An extended job offer does not qualify you for a work permit extension.
The previous post was for my wife.
I was just inquiring it on her behalf.

Sorry for the confusions.
I am currently on the Work permit. My wife is on OWP.

Augustine

Jul 15, 2014
Hi Friends

There was no issue when I flew back to Canada from my home town India.
They allow me to travel and re-enter Canada where I have only three days left with my TRV and Work permit.
Only thing was we should apply for our Work permit extension before the travel.

At the Immigration in the airport, they directed me to a special counter and inquired me my new work permit application status.
when I showed them the Work Permit extension application acknowledgment letter.
Immigration officer let me in without any issue. They were very supportive and guided me very well.

Now, I am on the Implied status and waiting for my work permit application to get approved.
Just posting this by hoping that this info may help someone going through the same situation in the future.

Cheers