+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Re-application after prior Approval once

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Good evening / morning everyone!

I'm in a fix right now, since I made a few mistakes in deciding the right course of action while applying for the Study Permit initially. I'll be very grateful for any advice from people here...

I applied for the study permit (online non-SDS; master's program) on October 24

Bio-metrics updated in the box on top-right-corner of the web-page: October 24 (same day)

( I had already applied in late April - got the approval & valid student TRV in early June for the master's program in an other university for fall 2019;

realized later that the program focus was not what I wanted to study, and that I'm interested in the trajectory and focus of the master's in a different place where I had got into as well, and therefore re-applying for fall 2020;

both the programs are in the same subject, just that the nature and focus of both core & elective courses in the 2 programs is different )

Long story short - essentially a change of university, but same program, same subject (MA).

So the 2nd application is as follows:
Applied - online non-SDS: October 24
Biometrics: October 24
Medical updated: November 1
1st ghost update: November 5
1st student acknowledgement letter: November 7

No update since then. Really bad situation I have gotten myself into. But it has been a really tough time, having to decide among which course of action would be better since I got into more than a couple of universities ( not bragging at all, I realize that I'm the only one to blame for getting confused at that point ).

Does anyone have any input / advice, please?

Slowly starting to freak out, since the processing time (after giving biometrics) for my country is 2 weeks, and I'm reading posts here with approvals coming in a week or even 10 days. And it'll be 3 weeks by this Thursday since I submitted. Does the delay indicate that there's some issue ?

Does anyone have a similar experience and / or have any comments?

Thanks a lot. Have a great day!

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
It just says "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", and "we are processing your background check" since November 1 !!!

And processing time is supposed to be 2 weeks; I'm waiting since October 24 :(

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Patience patience. Maybe there is a lot of applications. Mine took a month and it was suppose to take 2-3 weeks.
Thank you so much for your kind words ! Really in need of some motivation / sane advice at this point...

Hope for the best, and prepare for the worst ?!

Good day to you!