+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding PRTD

Kaayenaat

Sep 17, 2017
Hey
Wanted ur help.
I applied for PRTD on 23rd August 2017 as I came to India in July 2017. My PR got expired on 7th August 2017. I applied for my PRTD and my elder son's. My younger son is a Canadian citizen.My PR card was for 6 yrs and my husband's and my son's PR was for 5 yrs.
I completed 726 days in July 2017 whereas the required days are 730. So there is a shortage of 4 days in my n my son's case. My husband is already in Brampton. I applied for my PR card renewal in Jan 2017 . Then the cic replied back to consider our case on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. We provided the documents for the same and our case is under process since
Just wanted to ask you can visa officer refuse to issue us PRTD ? The VFS people said that the PRTD will arrive in 4 weeks. Only 2 days left for 4 weeks to get over .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey
Wanted ur help.
I applied for PRTD on 23rd August 2017 as I came to India in July 2017. My PR got expired on 7th August 2017. I applied for my PRTD and my elder son's. My younger son is a Canadian citizen.My PR card was for 6 yrs and my husband's and my son's PR was for 5 yrs.
I completed 726 days in July 2017 whereas the required days are 730. So there is a shortage of 4 days in my n my son's case. My husband is already in Brampton. I applied for my PR card renewal in Jan 2017 . Then the cic replied back to consider our case on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. We provided the documents for the same and our case is under process since
Just wanted to ask you can visa officer refuse to issue us PRTD ? The VFS people said that the PRTD will arrive in 4 weeks. Only 2 days left for 4 weeks to get over .
Hi

Yes, the VO can certainly refuse to issue PRTDs if they find your H&C grounds lacking; this would begin proceedings to revoke your PR status. That 4 week timeframe doesn't apply to you, as H&C cases fall outside of standard processing times.