+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding PR

Kiran812

Dec 10, 2019
I am on work permit and i am married .my husband is living here in canada and he is on independent visa but i didnt applied for the extension of visa for my husband due to certain issues. I did nt got divorce from him. I want to ask that can i apply for my PR individually .?Is this issue effect my PR ?? Because on my passport there is adress of my husband home.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am on work permit and i am married .my husband is living here in canada and he is on independent visa but i didnt applied for the extension of visa for my husband due to certain issues. I did nt got divorce from him. I want to ask that can i apply for my PR individually .?Is this issue effect my PR ?? Because on my passport there is adress of my husband home.
You don't have many details in your question. I'm general when you apply for PR spouse also needs to go through medical and police clearance. It's possible your husband won't be willing to do so if you're having issues.

I think it would be possible to apply without him if you're "legally separated". I'm not sure but I think in Canada if you're living apart from your husband for more than one year you can be considered separated. But you would have to research on this and confirm.