+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding PGWP.

guptajatin72

Oct 13, 2019
Dear Team
My name is Jatin Gupta and this is regarding my work permit. I want to convey one big issue that is concerning me a lot these days. On 29 September 2019, I went to the border (Pointe Roberts) to secure my work permit. Although I got my work permit but it was issued based upon the time spent in Canada for my study course because I have the transfer credits on my transcripts. The work permit was issued just for 1 year 8 months.

I did Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting from Kwantlen Polytechnic University and it's a 48 credit course, basically a 2 year diploma program and I completed all my 48 credits here in the university without even taking the advantage for the credits transferred from India. May you please help me in this situation as I am little worried and disappointed with the whole facts. All my other friends had the same situation but they were granted work permit for 3 years.

I want to know do I have any choice that I can re-apply for my work permit and get my right back?
But Just I want to know do I have any choice?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment/disagree but this could be seen as one of the risk of flagpoling given CBSA should not always necessarily be considered experts when it comes to every nuance about work permit issue. When they have someone in front of them they have guidelines which are likely pretty rigid, attend college for X months equals issue permit for X months.

Did you have a completion letter that implied a 2 year course or just a letter that implied you attended for one year and 8 months ?

What happened to others by the way is not really relevant given every case is unique